idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Alex95

2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Amazing Top 10 :wub:

My #19 can show up so I can enjoy any of the 9 remaining left winning!

16 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Rumer, Mel B, Stacy, Meryl, and Mya all placing in the Top 10 for the first time. ❤️

Wow. 5 NEWCOMERS. ❤️

Wow this top 10 is iconic. All amazing dancers & contestants.

I didn't expect to ever see Mya in the top 20 in this game because of petty cuts, yet alone top 10. :wub: Also idk how Alexandra has made it this far but obviously I am very much here for it :wub:

AMANDA

3. Ashley Roberts

9. Danny Mac

10. Alesha Dixon

13. Courtney Act

14. Melissa Rycroft

15. Brandy 

16. Laila Ali

17. Katherine Jenkins

19. Alfonso Ribeiro

20. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

ANNE

7. Katherine Jenkins

8. Alfonso Ribeiro

9. Melissa Rycroft

11. Laila Ali

13. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

14. Courtney Act

15. Ashley Roberts 

17. Danny Mac

18. Alesha Dixon

19. Brandy

CHRIS

1. Melissa Rycroft

3. Katherine Jenkins

4. Courtney Act

9. Ashley Roberts 

10. Alesha Dixon

12. Alfosno Ribeiro

13. Laila Ali

15. Danny Mac

16. Brandy

17. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

DEE

6. Brandy

10. Katherine Jenkins

12. Laila Ali

13. Courtney Act

14. Alfonso Ribeiro

16. Danny Mac

17. Ashley Roberts 

18. Alesha Dixon

19. Melissa Rycroft

20. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

ELLIOTT

2. Brandy

3. Alfonso Ribeiro

8. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

10. Laila Ali

11. Courtney Act

13. Melissa Rycroft

14. Danny Mac

15. Alesha Dixon

18. Ashley Roberts

20. Katherine Jenkins

LILY

4. Alesha Dixon

5. Brandy

6. Danny Mac

8. Ashley Roberts 

11. Laila Ali

12. Melissa Rycroft

15. Katherine Jenkins

17. Alfonso Ribeiro

19. Courtney Act

20. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

PUBLIC

4. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

8. Melissa Rycroft

10. Danny Mac

11. Brandy

12. Alfonso Ribeiro

14. Katherine Jenkins

15. Laila Ali

18. Alesha Dixon

19. Courtney Act

20. Ashley Roberts 

SOLA

6. Alfonso Ribeiro

11. Katherine Jenkins

12. Laila Ali

13. Danny Mac

14. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

15. Courtney Act

16. Alesha Dixon

17. Ashley Roberts

18. Brandy

20. Melissa Rycroft

STEPHY

1. Alfonso RIbeiro

2. Melissa Rycroft

4. Katherine Jenkins

6. Danny Mac

10. Brandy

12. Laila Ali

13. Ashley Roberts 

15. Alesha Dixon

17. Courtney Act 

19. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

VICTORIA

3. Laila Ali

5. Melissa Rycroft

10. Brandy

12. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

13. Katherine Jenkins

15. Alfonso RIbeiro

16. Courtney Act 

17. Danny Mac

18. Ashley Roberts 

19. Alesha Dixon

WILDCARDS

4. Alesha Dixon

7. Ashley Roberts 

10. Alfonso Ribeiro

13. Danny Mac

14.  Melissa Rycroft

15. Brandy

16. Katherine Jenkins

18. Laila Ali

19. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

20. Courtney Act

7 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

This does mean Sabrina won All-Stars? :dead:

happy endings penny GIF

9 hours ago, rpryor03 said:

Oh, it is not. #TeamChaos is united on this.

Considering Afonso’s the only one of those who deserved his win, I knew you’d agree with me. ❤️

7 hours ago, *Chris said:

Alexandra did THAT though!

Queen. 😍

7 hours ago, *Amanda said:

All I wanted was for Meryl to make Top 10 after placing 11th last time, so yay. :wub: 

queue reaction s GIF

7 hours ago, Deeee said:

Normani and Laurie now join the club of contestants that have appeared in the Top 10 more than once:

Kristi Yamaguchi

Katherine Jenkins

Janel Parrish

Paige Van Zant

Laurie Hernandez

Normani Kordei

noted the office GIF

7 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Laila in the illustrious club of always being top 20 but never top 10 :wub: 

:dead: 

7 hours ago, Deeee said:

Sabrina Bryan could also be part of that club, but I cannot remember her placement in the finals of Version 1.0.

She was in the Top 10 in the first rankdown.

7 hours ago, Deeee said:

Rumer, Mel B, Stacy, Meryl, and Mya all placing in the Top 10 for the first time. ❤️

And Alexandra. 😘

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

ANNE

Anne having her entire Top 6 still in. :dead: 

4 hours ago, *Lily said:

Wow this top 10 is iconic. All amazing dancers & contestants.

I didn't expect to ever see Mya in the top 20 in this game because of petty cuts, yet alone top 10. :wub: Also idk how Alexandra has made it this far but obviously I am very much here for it :wub:

SAMEE to all of this! :wub: SO over the moon of Mya finally making the Top 10. This is probably gonna be the only time this happens so I will certainly cherish this moment (like Nicole making Top 2 last time).

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Anne having her entire Top 6 still in. :dead: 

Anne's power! :wub: 

• Like 1

Mya-The-Truth-Video.png

Queen of marrying herself and placing in the top ten ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

Did Anne make deals with the devil? :muwahaha:

I think they're just the dancers that everyone ranked high.

And Sabrina.

Just now, Elliott said:

I think they're just the dancers that everyone ranked high.

And Sabrina.

shade burn GIF

I ranked Alexandra low though.

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

WE KNOW ALREADY. :claybleh: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

disney quote GIF

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

You Are Mad GIF

I mean, she's still in the Top 10, so @*Lily, @*Wallace and I still won :wub: Plus whomever else stans for her, I don't keep track.

• Like 2

I tanked all internationals so it was nothing malicious. I do like her outside of this rankdown, promise.

10. Sabrina Bryan

abc_sabrina_bryan_amstel_jp_121001_wblog

Chris - 2/20

Anne - 3/20

Victoria - 6/20

Stephy - 7/20

Sola - 8/20

Dee - 11/20

Wildcards - 11/20

Lily - 13/20

Public - 17/20

Amanda - 18/20

Elliott - 19/20

CHRIS

giphy.gif giphy.gif giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e472146a7a491af273846

Sabrina Bryan, known for being a member of 3LW and appeared in The Cheetah Girls, appeared on the 5th season of Dancing With The Stars in 2007. Back in 2007, I was super invested in her journey on the show – it was probably the first time where I was stanning for a celebrity on this show. As we all know, Sabrina was iconic on Season 5 – she slayed the competition and was a front runner for most of the season until she got eliminated. Let’s relive her journey on the show;

• Cha-Cha-Cha to “Don’t Cha”: WOW! She killed this routine – it was fast and fun. It is probably one of the strongest Week 1 Cha Cha Cha.
  • Quickstep to “They’re Red Hot”:  Such a good routine! Again, she was quick on her feet and commanded the dance floor. It’s impressive how she killed it, especially after slaying the competition during Week 1.
  • Jive to “Shake, Rattle, and Roll”: Fantastic & energetic.
  • Paso Doble to "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)": Perfection! The intensity, the lines, the movements… Everything about this routine was perfect.
  • Rumba to “Me and Mr Jones”: Not my favorite of hers but it was danced beautifully &it had all the required elements for a rumba – not surprising considering their connection.
  • Foxtrot to “I’m a Woman”: Not her best routine, but was this routine worthy of getting eliminated? Absolutely not. I remember being livid when she got eliminated. In fact, I even made this signature when she got eliminated.

hmRpZaO.jpg

Luckily for us, Sabrina was brought back for Season 15 which was also known as the All-Stars season. She was then partnered with Louis Van Amstel because they decided to partner Mark with Bristol Palin, and they didn’t want to give us DRAMA which I would have been living for. So let’s look at the routine that she delivered with Louis:

• Cha Cha Cha to “What Makes You Beautiful”: This was okay, mainly because her first “Cha-Cha-Cha” was crazy good. This left me wanting more, which is why I am fine with the score she received that week.
  • Quickstep to “Black Betty”: This was such an improvement from the previous week. Absolutely love this routine - her lines in this routine were incredible. Honestly, Louis pushed her so much with his choreography and that's what I loved with this partnership. 
  • Paso Doble to “Free Your Mind”: Her first Paso Doble was iconic but this one was not as iconic – it was fun but left me wanting more, unfortunately.
  • Disco to “"You Should Be Dancing": This was 100% disco and I lived for it! Was it danced perfectly? Not really. But it was fun and it had its moments; I think my least favorite part of this routine was the reveal at the start – the routine took a while before it pulled us in.
  • Waltz to “So This Is Love”: First of all, this is what I call “Guilty Pleasure” because some of the choices by other contestants weren’t really guilty pleasure, in my opinion. Anyway, this dance was danced beautifully and it was timeless – the way she moved across the dance floor was mesmerizing.
  • Rumba to “Wanted”: This was such an improvement to her Rumba with Mark. The song was perfect, and the focus was on her – the lines were A+. Again, the way she moved across the dance floor was impressive and felt effortless. Overall, this is one of my favorite of hers… Again, I cannot believe that this was her last routine on Dancing With The Stars.

After all these years, she remains one of my favorite celebrity to ever appear on the show – she is remarkable dancer that deserved more love from the public than she received. I am not too sure where she will land as I never heard anyone really express that she is their favorite, but I do hope she will be able to get a good placement – but she may not as I assume some people will want Mel B. to win her season so we shall see.

ANNE

How does someone get robbed in 2 different seasons? How do they get robbed during Week 6? How is it always around Halloween? Why during the All Stars season was there no elimination the week after Superstorm Sandy, but not the week that people actually lost power? How? I want to know. I want to understand. Ahem. Anyway. Sabrina competed during both Season 5 and the All Star Season. Mark Ballas and Louis Van Amstel were her pros respectively. Mark was excellent at showcasing her high energy and just show the star power that she has. Louis, in some ways, taught her how to be a better dancer.  The whole dance really shouldn’t be at 100%. It does have to build up with the song and have different layers. I guess I should mention some highlights: her first cha cha with Mark, her dance with Mark to complicated, Team Call Me Maybe and her rumba with Louis.

VICTORIA

tumblr_m7p4k8EHSu1qagorro2_r1_250.gifv

Am I making a mistake ranking Sabrina this high? Maybe. If she outlast Mel B and wins season 5 I will literally pack my bags and go home. I just couldn't find it in my heart to tank her since I do love season 5 and she was robbed on that season and All-Stars. Sabrina Bryan was  Heather Morris before Heather Morris. She never got the respect of the public and it was rude af. Sabrina Bryan is best known as an actress, dancer and artist. She is best known as Dorinda Thomas in The Cheetah Girls, The Cheetah Girls 2 and The Cheetah Girls: One World aka the one without Raven. She was also a member of the group, The Cheetah Girls. The one in the movies with Raven except part 3 and the real life group without Raven. It's complicated but not really if you've followed Sabrina's Disney career. She does have pops with her Cheetah's including "Cinderella", Cheetah Sisters" and "Girl Power". So Sabrina Bryan was partnered with Mark Ballas on Dancing with the Stars 5. The correct top three for that season should have been Sabrina, Mel and Helio but America got it wrong. She lasted 6 weeks on season 5 and was shockingly eliminated in 7th place. She returned for All-Stars aka Dancing with the Stars 15 and was partnered with Louis van Amstel. She lasted 6 weeks ago and was eliminated in 8th place. Sabrina is a twice robbed Queen. Here is to a high ranking in this but just not higher than Mel.

STEPHY

Sabrina’s journey on both seasons was rigged, as I believe that she should have made the finals for both of the seasons and possibly could have won both seasons. Her dances were fantastic, and she was one of the strongest competitors the show has had.

SOLA

One of the few contestants I would consider truly robbed.  She was robbed not once but twice.  Her level of dancing is insane.  She competed on season 5 and on season 15.  She was partnered with Mark on Season 5 and with Louis on season 15.  Her trajectories on both seasons were similar. High scores right out of the game, 9’s and eventually 10 by week 4/5.  Then she is sent home week 6.  She had some of my favorite performances on both of her seasons.  Her Country Rumba, Black Betty quickstep, both of her week 1 Cha Cha Cha’s and her Paso Doble.  I just wish we got full seasons from her, as opposed to two half seasons.

DEE

giphy.gif

DetailedGreatEastsiberianlaika-small.gif

Collective thoughts on Sabrina Bryan's time as a contestant on both seasons:

giphy.gif

Dorinda Thomas Sabrina Bryan was done dirty twice!!! Considering her dance background comes from training at Hart Academy, which is in my home city of La Habra, I have always felt personally attacked by the voters f*cking her over on two separate occasions.

The young gay in me was heartbroken over her first shocking elimination during Season 5. Poor Mark Ballas, he seemed so devastated and shook by this result. We lost her after she delivered her iconic Paso Doble and a nearly flawless Rumba. All of her other routines were fantastic as well, which should be expected from a highly trained dancer. Maybe Sabrina Bryan's shocking elimination on this season was a harbinger of the things to come for any and all ringer types moving forward in the series. But no lessons were learned.

Sabrina returned for All-Stars and was this time partnered with Louis van Amstel. Sabrina was chosen by the public as the final competitor for the season, so you think that momentum would have saved her from the horrid fate she suffered for a second time. Of course she danced perfectly through all of her routines and was one of the strongest contenders in the competition. However, I do think her first time on the show was stronger, but this has more to do with the strength of Mark as a choreographer than anything to do with Sabrina and her skills.

Sabrina danced the best Rumba in the history of the show and earned a perfect score on the night of her elimination. After she had already delivered a flawless Waltz and a flawless Team Freestyle with Team Call Me Maybe! Her second shocking elimination was even more gut-wrenching than the first, but probably should have been expected.

Lesson learned: Women have always been treated poorly on this show!

Sabrina earns a shockingly high placement from me, but I am fine with it since I do not expect her to win.

WALLY

The 16-18 spots are really tough for me to rank. Sabrina is someone who  I do love and think is a really amazing dancer - and ugh she was massively robbed twice on Season 5 and Season 15, so disgusting. :/ I’ll give her the #18 ranking. So glad she made it to the finals of this game.  My favorite dances from her would be her Cha-Cha, Jive, Paso Doble and Rumba from Season 5 and her Quickstep, Waltz & Rumba from Season 15.

LILY

In #13 I am ranking Sabrina, the original robbed ringer! I loved Sabrina on both of her seasons, and it was equally disappointing having to see her eliminated both times, but she's been able to carve a legacy into being probably the most famous case of shock early boot in DWTS history. I loved Sabrina from The Cheetah Girls movies prior to her appearance on the show and was super excited to watch her on her season. She was Mark's first partner, and the pair were so dominant during their time on the show. They delivered an insanely good Cha-Cha in the first week which made them the frontrunners. Every week from then on, they didn't have any stumbles - even more clear when in Week 4, they picked up the earliest perfect score at that time, for their Paso Doble. In Week 6, they scored a respectable 25, but this was their lowest score of the season and it put them at joint fourth out of seven couples on the leaderboard. Unfortunately, this was tough to recover from, next to viewer favorites such as Marie/Jane who scored lower but were able to pull out the votes. Sabrina's elimination was so disappointing and she should have been in the finals.

Luckily, we got the chance to see Sabrina back for the All-Stars season! When it came to people who should have been a lock for this season, Sabrina was at the top of the list. After her first elimination people were saying that she deserved a second chance, for seasons to come, so it made utterly no sense that she was then put on the All-Stars 'shortlist', whilst people like Pamela Anderson and Bristol Palin made the actual cut. But of course, they wanted the big/more controversial names, meaning someone less familiar outside of the DWTS world in Sabrina had to be the one who got sidelined. Thankfully, she was on a pretty easy shortlist - against Carson which was easy, but also against Kyle which was a shame as they both would have been good contestants. Sabrina danced with Louis and quickly became a frontrunner yet again. She often scored highly and got to be a part of great season highlights such as Team Call Me Maybe. On Country Night, Sabrina got a perfect score and it should have been enough to push her through to the next week. Unfortunately, however, she was shock eliminated once again, and what's crazy about it is that it was five years to the day of her original elimination. Most of the eliminations in All-Stars were going to be tough, however this was especially a hard one. Sabrina has always been super involved in the DWTS community and seeing her get to come back was so great, so it's a shame it was cut short again. I'm super happy that she made it this far in the rankdown and look forward to seeing how she does!

ALEX

There are many sad robberies across DWTS history, but none will ever be as sad as the tale of Sabrina Bryan. Twice this bullsh*t happened to her...TWICE! Unacceptable! Sabrina was flawless in every single routine and particularly flawless when she got eliminated. She was cute and likable. She gave it her all. There was nothing wrong with her. Nothing! She was never the biggest ringer! She was never ungrateful. There was no reason to not vote for her. Yet she got prematurely eliminated TWICE. While Kirstie Alley and Marie Osmond were able to advance. Unforgivable! I ranked her 4th.

AMANDA

tumblr_md00mqq7qS1rpkg2no2_250.gif

Sadly the victim of a gross robbery not only once but twice - in her original season when we still had the likes of Marie Osmond around and in the all-stars season when we still had the likes of Kirstie Alley around. Sabrina is a prime example of the American public hating talented females who are classified as "ringers" and it's infuriating. Sabrina on season 4 started with a bang with her iconic "Don't Cha" Cha-Cha and never faltered, even earning what would be the earliest perfect score ever at the time with her iconic Paso Doble - a record she would share with Gilles until Janel's flawless Jazz in season 19. Sadly, she was sent home for her Foxtrot in week 6. It was her weakest routine but still miles better than other people's best...and yet the viewers shrugged and said "Whatever." She then returned to all-stars where she was equally as amazing, especially with her 1-2 punch of her Cinderella Waltz and stunning Rumba to "Wanted". And then was a part of the Iconic "Call Me Maybe" team dance. Sabrina was then sent home on week 6 again after being at the top of the leaderborard when the viewers once again shrugged and said "Whatever". Sabrina is amazing and definitely one of my favorites, but this Top 20 is so stacked so she lands here.

ELLIOTT

Sabrina Bryan was an early frontrunner in season five, and she delivered some good routines. Personally, I never really latched onto her the way I latched onto some of the other Mark Ballas partners, and I wasn’t all that shocked when she was eliminated when she was. It wasn’t deserved, but since we all know I’m here for a good IDF meltdown (even if I think that was before I was active on IDF, but whatever), it didn’t bother me over the years whenever it’s rehashed. She was done dirty in All Stars, though. I can’t @ us having to vote between her, Carson and REDACTED whilst Br*stol P*lin was automatically cast.

Sabrina Bryan, known for being a member of 3LW

No she wasn't. :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Aww Sabrina. Definitely deserving of a top 10 placement. ❤️ 

18 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I mean, she's still in the Top 10, so @*Lily, @*Wallace and I still won :wub: Plus whomever else stans for her, I don't keep track.

Literally anywhere she places now is a win for me. :wub:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Elliott said:

YES! :wub: 

9 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I tanked all internationals so it was nothing malicious. I do like her outside of this rankdown, promise.

At least there is that at the last sentence! :wub: 

Yikes this game is doing Chris SO dirty right now.  :dead: 

3LW breaking up because Kiely threw a bucket of KFC at the other girl and Adrienne took her side is still the most iconic reason behind a break-up I've ever heard, though. ❤️ 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

No she wasn't. :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Chris out here with THESE LIES. :dead: 

Just now, Elliott said:

3LW breaking up because Kiely threw a bucket of KFC at the other girl and Adrienne took her side is still the most iconic reason behind a break-up I've ever heard, though. ❤️ 

Naturi Naughton* being the other girl. She's doing really well staring in the STARZ show, Power (which just ended tihs year).