cassandra peterson christmas GIF

Oh, he said Horror Rankdown 2.0. I thought he was shading. :dead:

:dead:

Just now, Deeee said:

giphy.gif

I've got nothing better to do than piss you off from the get-go :wub: 

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

michael myers dancing GIF

Me getting prepared to drag Rob Zombie's Halloween II into the Top 100 again.

This cover didn't have to go as hard as it did, but it did that for us ❤️ 

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Just now, 1234567890 said:

Dee: I'm going to remain as impartial as possible this year.

Me: *nominates Get Out in the first cycle*

Dee in my inbox .02 seconds later:

Happy Jim Carrey GIF

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Dee: I'm going to remain as impartial as possible this year.

Me: *nominates Get Out in the first cycle*

Dee in my inbox .02 seconds later:

Happy Jim Carrey GIF

source.gif

Is that Kyle Richards? :haha:

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Is that Kyle Richards? :haha:

Sonja Morgan. A more iconic Housewife than Kyle Richards. 🤎

Posted (edited)

Can my bottom half start taking more hits now 👀 (as much as I like everyone left)

Yay Brandy :wub: So glad she made it this far.

Edited by *Lily

5 hours ago, Elliott said:

53ea6c6b6fdbdd924a8364ea9c1dfef7fa455386
-Me to the people who ranked her low.

I knew you were going to rank my top dancers low so i am returning the favour!  

since the next two are tied, Alex should give us both this morning!

12. Alfonso Ribeiro

alfonso.jpg?w=620&h=360&crop=1

Stephy - 1/20

Elliott - 3/20

Sola - 6/20

Anne - 8/20

Wildcards - 10/20

Public - 12/20

Chris - 12/20

Dee - 14/20

Victoria - 15/20

Lily - 17/20

Amanda - 19/20

STEPHY

Alfonso was the frontrunner from the live cast reveal going into season 19 and it showed. He had stiff competition from Janel and Bethany however, his fanbase was what got him into the finals and pretty much win the competition. His partnership with Witney was classic, and they had some great memorable routines that included their Jazz, Paso Doble, Jive and Freestyle, which all got perfect scores. His first Jive also was the last routine from week 1 to get all nine’s. he also reprised the nostalgia that was his signature move, “The Carlton” which was iconic at the time. He is first on my list as majority of the females I was not fond of their personalities.

ELLIOTT

King Alfonso and Queen Witney finally making the final vote is iconic. :wub: I'm sure he'll get some low rankings from the others, but he easily takes spot #3 on my list. I remember there being some early talk about him being the obvious winner, but I never really understood it until the shows actually started and he wiped the floor with everyone in his first dance. It was only then that I'd learned of his desire to have been on the show for years. :rofl: But yeah, he quickly became my favourite of the season after the first performance show, and remained that way for the entire run. Though he had several highlights, my favourite routine of his was his Freestyle. I loved the way he and Witney blended several styles together.

SOLA

My favorite male winner and male contestant ever.  I was a fan of Alfonso from the brief amount of Fresh Prince I watched.  I called his win as soon as the cast was announced.  When I saw he was paired with Witney, I was elated.  My favorite female pro finally get a worthy partner, is all I could think about.  Throughout the season, they did not disappoint.  Witfonso is one of the most iconic partnerships this show has had.  I am glad they finally had the opportunity to get to the finals.  My favorite Alfonso routines were his Jazz (which is weird as I usually hate Jazz and contemporary routines), Argentine tango, Jive, freestyle and fusion dance.  I hope he gets into the Top 10 overall!

ANNE

Another worthy winner. It marked the first time someone from So You Think You Can Dance won Dancing with the Stars. Yay for Witney. I would have been very happy with Janel winning this season, but I cannot say Alfonso is a bad winner. If I am being brutally honest, I do not really remember many of his dances. I remember his jazz because he did the Carlton.  He started off the season with a great jive. Witney (or that choreographer she was paying to help her out) did a fun freestyle. I am completely blanking on everything else. Considering how harsh I can be when I do not like a winner (hello Helio), it says something I have issue with him winning.

WALLY

OMGG Finally Alfonso doesn’t get robbed making the Final 20 and sooo super glad he finally made it here! :spaz: Alfonso is an amazing dancer/performer and a DWTS iconic contestant, and also ranks as my favorite male celeb ever to be on the show. And of course his partnership with Witney was legendary. I love how they are still close friends and do a number of projects together. ❤️ This Top 5 was super hard to rank but I will give him my #5 spot.

Alfonso was on Season 19, an was definitely one of those “won it by Week 1” contestants. I mean we all knew it…. but he was my favorite and a deserving winner so I didn’t mind. My favorite dances from Alfonso were his: Jive, Jazz, Flamenco (with Cheryl), Salsa, Cha-Cha, Foxtrot, Paso Doble (trio with Lindsay), Contemporary and Freestyle.

Alfonso has also had his fair share of being on the show a lot - from being in the audience, to hosting in Tom’s spot, to guest judging, to being a celeb dancer in the competition (to Frankie Muniz’s dance). Alfonso also took over for Bruno as a judge on SCD  the last two years….. so yea he will always be apart of the DWTS or SCD family, haha.

ALEX

Yeah my journey with Alfonso is pretty interesting. I was a HUGE stan of him during S19. I still think he totally earned his win and it one of the best guys this show has ever seen. His thirstiness that I used to find endearing has gotten on my nerves as of late lol. Rashad does it better :)). I've secretly been enjoying him getting cut near the end of the last few rankdowns lol. I ended up ranking him 15th.

CHRIS

source.gif

He is an excellent dancer but not particularly a contestant that I absolutely love - I could have ranked him in the bottom 5 and I will have been fine with it. But luckily for him, I decided not to do so as he gave us the best dance of the season, and probably the best Jazz routine of all time. 

DEE

giphy.gif

dancing-with-the-stars-recap-finals-alfo

I finally let Alfonso into the finals after having a part to play in his elimination the last two Rankdowns. LOL. Alfonso is probably the most annoying contestant ever. The way in which he will not stop returning to this show...he must be stopped. LOL. Alfonso seems to live and breathe Dancing with the Stars, which is really annoying, but also probably why he did so well on the show as a contestant. Alfonso is super obnoxious, but there is no doubting how fantastic of a dancer he is and just how well he did on the show. I know that I let his personality impact my perception of him as a contestant, but I really do think he was great from start to finish.

Alfonso never receives any hatred for being one of the biggest ringers in the history of the show. He literally has an extensive background and training in Tap dancing, even performing as the lead in the Broadway musical The Tap Dance Kid. LOL. Not that I care about dance backgrounds, since I love all of the ringers. But he just seems to escape all of the hatred that comes with being a trained dancer and competing on the show. His inclusion on Season 19 made the competition a bit boring, since his win seemed inevitable and obvious from the time of the cast announcement. But I feel like Season 19 was still before the public opinion became increasingly against the casting or rewarding of any contestant with any dance abilities. So Alfonso really lucked out, as both the judges and America were clearly on his side.

And for good reason, since he pretty much killed the competition. Considering his only viable competitor was Janel Parrish, Alfonso really had a cakewalk to the Mirrorball Trophy. Except he worked for that win, and delivered so many fantastic routines by the end of the season. Despite irritating the crap out of me, Alfonso was so evidently happy to be dancing on this show, and was so committed to excellence and entertaining the crowd. His big brother-little sister relationship with Witney Carson was also sweet to watch. 

The Alfonso-Witney partnership was a match made in heaven. Super dynamic performers, and both of them so hungry for the win. The drive between the two was palpable. And both of them raised the bar every single week.

I love nearly all of Alfonso's routines. It's really hard to find a misstep that he took during his eleven week run on the show, and on five of those weeks he ranked at the top of the leaderboard.

Without a doubt though, these following routines are his crowning moments and my favorite Alfonso routines of the season: Jive, Jazz, Salsa, Trio Paso Doble, Freestyle, Argentine Tango/Cha-Cha Fusion.

That Jazz routine on Most Memorable Year Night where he reenacts the famous "Carlton" dance...EPIC. Witney is such a genius for choreographing this entire routine, which is certainly one of the greatest in DWTS history. Truly a series defining moment. His Trio Paso Doble is also one of my personal favorites of the season.

Alfonso earned five perfect scores over the course of the season for his Jazz, Trio Paso Doble, Jive Reprise, Freestyle, and Fusion. All super well-deserved. I think his Salsa deserved the perfect score as well, and was robbed of that one extra point. His final average for the season is 36.9, which is pretty stellar. Alfonso was just a beast the entire season, and earned that win with ease. Even though he is not my favorite of the season nor one of my personal favorites, I cannot deny that Alfonso really is one of the greatest celebrity contestants ever to appear on the show. Happy to see him in the finals, though I do not care for him to win.

VICTORIA

giphy.gif

Alfonso Ribeiro is lucky that there were five international dancers to rank that I had never seen compete on their respective seasons/series because he would have been dead last. When Alfonso was cast for Dancing with the Stars 19 it was a forgone conclusion that he would win. At least to me. It was so obvious. I didn't mind him winning because he was objectively the best that season and I really loved him as Carlton Banks on the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I just felt he rode the wave of one dance; that dance being "The Carlton". Alfonso was partnered with Witney Carson who I love. It was her first one so that was a nice touch. His most memorable dance is obviously his Jazz where he danced to "It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones and it's where he busted out The Carlton. It received a perfect score like there was any doubt. Overall, he received 5 perfect scores which was like we get it... Alfonso annoys me now. The way he pops up on Dancing with the Stars any chance he gets and he just grates my nerves because he is treated like the greatest male contestant the show has seen and he is far from it. Carlton Banks is still great though.

LILY

First of all, congratulations to Alfonso on making it this far in the rankdown! He's the top-ranking male from DWTS (US) which is a great accomplishment. I really enjoyed Alfonso on the show - however I think what stopped me rooting for him more, in comparison of other main favorites I've had, is that not once did I feel uneasy about his run on the show. Alfonso was the winner from the moment he was announced - everyone else was playing for second place. It didn't stop me from enjoying him, but he had that mirrorball on lock and so it made Season 19 a little anti-climatic. When a cast member on Duck Dynasty is your biggest competition, you're gonna be just fine.

Alfonso kicked off his run on the show with his Jive which was an incredible opening number. At that point it was clear that he hadn't lost any of his dance ability and he was going to be a fierce competitor. After going down in scores for the next couple weeks, he of course bounced back with his "It's Not Unusual" Jazz, which picked up a perfect 40 and is one of the most watched DWTS routines online of all-time. My other highlights of his time on the show were his Salsa, his Batman & Robin themed Cha-Cha, his Paso Doble and his fantastic Freestyle. I was moreso team Janel on Season 19, however Alfonso was my #2 and I was super happy for him when he won.

Alfonso has of course become the poster child of DWTS since his win (although I'm enjoying Rashad taking over from him :wub:). At times he fits in fantastically, and at times.. it has felt like overload, LOL. I'm also still a little bothered by when in the Season 25 finale he said about how Jordan could have done with some 'humble pie' which were.. some choice words, from Alfonso. He's a big character and it can get overwhelming when he shows up a lot. But overall, I really like Alfonso and what he's brought to the show. He was a deserving winner and he's done well to make it here.

AMANDA

giphy.gif

Alfonso is amazing! He came out week 1 with a fantastic Jive and kept that consistency up all season long. He had many brilliant routines routines like the aforementioned Jive, his Jazz where he included the iconic Carlton dance, his "Booty" Salsa, his Trio Paso with BFF duo Witsay, and his Freestyle. I love his and Witney's friendship that has continued to this day with him hosting and her being the dealer on Catch 21. Alfonso was very obviously the show's Golden Boy until Rashad and Jordan came along, showing up at any given moment they could squeeze him in. He's also judged over on Strictly. I do love Alfonso, but so many of my favorites are in the Top 20 so he falls at the lower end of my rankings for me.

oh yay another person in my top ten 🙂 

Totally forgot that Witney hired a professional choreographer to help her all season with Alfonso. And then said choreographer was omitted from the Emmy nomination. LOL.

Yay for women!