Sola - 12/20

Dee - 12/20

Chris - 13/20

Public - 15/20

Amanda - 16/20

Wildcards - 18/20

VICTORIA

giphy.gif

Do I really like Laila Ali enough to rank her third? Not at all. She is however I feel a safe person to rank number 3 where she is no threat to actually win the rankdown. So this is a strategic placement for Laila Ali, the daughter of boxing legend, Muhammad Ali. Laila Ali is a professional boxer like her father. Laila competed on Dancing with the Stars and this before I watched the show live. Remember, I starting watching during Dancing with the Stars 5. There is no real attachment to Laila with not being a fan of hers outside of the show or watching the season she competed on live. Laila was partnered with Makism Chmerkovskiy and placed third where she was rightfully beaten by Joey and Apolo. Well done to Laila Ali for always doing so well in these rankdowns and I guess my ranking will help her this year.

ELLIOTT

Queen of making the Top 20 for three rankdowns in a row. ❤️ This is her first time winning that season as well, so there’s that. ^_^ It goes without saying that Laila was my favourite in the fourth season, and was obviously who I was rooting for in that finale. (Apolo? Don’t know him. Joey? I was team BSB growing up. Bye bye bye.)

LILY

Laila always seems to do pretty well in these rankdowns from what I can remember, so seeing her make top 20 is a great accomplishment for her! I'm glad she made it this far again as I really enjoyed her on the show and her partnership with Maks. I wasn't actually expecting much of her pre-season, I didn't know how graceful or a natural she was going to be because of her profession, but she pleasantly surprised me and was such a great dancer. Her Mambo is one of my favorite dances from the show and I feel it's super underrated, she dances that to such a high quality. In Weeks 3 and 4 she took a slight dip in scores but came back strong after that with really great routines such as the Rumba, the Cha-Cha, Quickstep and Samba, all back-to-back which were all amazing numbers.

I thought Laila put up a really good fight (excuse the pun) to the end and perhaps had she not been in such a strong top 3, she'd have had a greater shot to win. Apolo and Joey were both really strong throughout the season, and so Laila's third place finish was definitely very respectable and fair. But I'd have loved to see her come back on All-Stars as she's one of my favorite partners of Maks and would like to see what else she brings. I'm really glad she was able to make it this far again, and to see how she does!

ANNE

Another random favorite of mine. She lost to Apollo, so I will not be mentioning that she was robbed. I was so glad when she made it into the finale. Back then, I really wanted her and Apollo to have a dance together. Now I know that probably would have been a complete train wreck. She competed during Season 4 of the show.  Her professional partner was Maks. (I should take this as an excuse to rewatch all of her dances, but I still have work and online school. So extra free time for me)  She had 4 perfect scores during her season. They are for her quickstep, samba, cha cha and mambo. Her lowest score was 21. This is from her Tango and Paso Doble. If this rankdown happened many years ago, she would be much higher on this list. That being said, I am glad she made it into the top 20.

STEPHY

I also haven’t watched Laila’s season, but she did deserve top 3.

SOLA

At one point in time, I loved Laila Ali, and I still really liked her.  My love has faded over the years though, as Maks has gotten other partners that I have preferred.  She was my favorite on Season 4 when she competed.  Laila should have at least placed in the Top 2, but we cannot have nice things! Some of her standout routines for me were Paso Doble in the finale, Samba, Quickstep and Rumba.  I hope she does well but I do not think she will.  This group of contestants in stacked.

DEE

04431fb7eefba5aa8fc660d0686695f7.jpg

source.gif

Laila Ali is one of the three legendary and iconic contestants to place in the finals of all three DWTS Rankdowns. BADASS. :wub: 

THREEPEAT ICON LAILA ALI.

Who would have thought that she would be part of this illustrious group? Certainly not I, but this is a super cool moment because Laila really is one of the old-school stars that really contributed to my falling in love with the show. Laila Ali is obviously beloved by most, but overlooked by most of IDF for other big name contestant. Laila is never anybody's number one dancer, and yet here she is. For the third time in a row, and I like to think that this feat can only be possible because Laila really is one of the best.

Underrated goddess and stealth queen. :wub:

I've talked about Laila in these write-ups for two years in a row, so I am going to keep her write-up simple and sweet. An amazing contestant. Her Mambo, Samba, Quickstep #2, and Cha-Cha #2 still stand out as some of the best routines the show has ever seen.

Seriously. That Mambo is still f*cking awesome, and is an iconic moment in the show's history imo. Four perfect scores. Third place finish. Final average of 27.0 out of 30. One of the greatest contestants to ever compete for the Mirrorball, and this statement is still true thirteen years later. I know she will not win, but I hope too see Laila make the finals every single year. Because I love her that much!

CHRIS

giphy.gif

A celebrity that always find a way to sneak through? We have to stan! I did like Laila on Dancing With The Stars, but she is not one of the top tier celebrity or dancer, even though she surprised on DWTS with routine like her Quickstep and Samba. Unfortunately for her, I cannot justify having her any higher than this ranking. 

ALEX

Lmaooooo she does it again, truly the oddest thing to come out of the DWTS Rankdowns. Tbh I never paid much attention to Laila until she made the finals twice in this game, now three times. S4 was all about Apolo for me with some fun Joey routines. Laila had that omgamazing Mambo, but that was about it. Having taken a closer look at her throughout the years, she's begun to win me over more and more. Possibly my favorite Maks partnership? She holds her own with him so well. Her and Mel B actually are probably my favorites.

FROGLENZEN

meh

AMANDA

2XETcNW.gif

Laila always flying under the radar and sneaking her way into the Top 20 every year is my favorite. Sadly, I can't give her the same higher ranking as years past because this Top 20 is so iconic. Laila is amazing, though! The saving grace of the women on that season and one of 3 actually amazing dancers from an otherwise underwhelming season. Her Mambo is amazing, her Rumba is amazing, her Samba is amazing, both of her Quicksteps are amazing, both of her Cha-Chas are amazing,  her Finale Paso Doble is amazing. Her Waltz where she blew a kiss to her daughter Mohammad in tne audience was a very sweet and emotional dance, even more so now that he has passed away. Laila is an amazing personality and incredibly consistent and fantastic dancer and I'm very happy she continually makes the Top 20 in these rankdowns.

WALLY

Laila! :wub: I love how Laila made it to the Top 20 for the 3rd time in a row. And I believe she was never nominated in this version of the game…… and maybe she was never nominated before? IDK, but Laila is always the Queen o never being targeted, making the Top 20 but also ends up in the lower end of rankings. I am sure that will be the case with her once again. I’m giving her a shockingly low ranking of #12 this year. I want to help out other dancers that have made the finals once or never did before.

Laila was obviously the It Girl of Season 4, and well she didn’t have much competition in the female front. #Sorry Laila is an all-time favorite of mine and I still love watching her dances from time to time. My favorites from her would be her: Mambo, Rumba, Cha-Cha, Quickstep, Samba, Quickstep (semi finals version), Cha-Cha (semi finals version), Paso Doble (finals version)

I'm guessing Mel B is next because I barely turned in my write-up and Alex hasn't posted the second reveal yet.

on the floor omg GIF

• Haha 1

Just now, 1234567890 said:

I'm guessing Mel B is next because I barely turned in my write-up and Alex hasn't posted the second reveal yet.

on the floor omg GIF

This is embarrassing. We posted this at the exact same time :stealth:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Laila making it 3 for 3 is so iconic :wub:

Agreed! 

I like her but just couldn't justify having her any higher considering the Top 20. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Agreed! 

I like her but just couldn't justify having her any higher considering the Top 20. 

Yeah I'm the same. I'm always happy she makes it to the end but she often has tough competition in the final vote. :haha:

Two of my top ten posted and my #20 still here?

200.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Two of my top ten posted and my #20 still here?

200.gif

My #20 is still there too. :haha:

Just now, 1234567890 said:

My #20 is still there too. :haha:

I have a feeling my #20 is going to be in the Top 3.

AMANDA

3. Ashley Roberts

9. Danny Mac

10. Alesha Dixon

13. Courtney Act

16. Laila Ali

20. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

ANNE

11. Laila Ali

13. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

14. Courtney Act

15. Ashley Roberts 

17. Danny Mac

18. Alesha Dixon

CHRIS

4. Courtney Act

9. Ashley Roberts 

10. Alesha Dixon

13. Laila Ali

15. Danny Mac

17. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

DEE

12. Laila Ali

13. Courtney Act

16. Danny Mac

17. Ashley Roberts 

18. Alesha Dixon

20. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

ELLIOTT

8. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

10. Laila Ali

11. Courtney Act

14. Danny Mac

15. Alesha Dixon 

18. Ashley Roberts

LILY

4. Alesha Dixon

6. Danny Mac

8. Ashley Roberts 

11. Laila Ali

19. Courtney Act

20. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

PUBLIC

4. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

10. Danny Mac

15. Laila Ali

18. Alesha Dixon

19. Courtney Act

20. Ashley Roberts 

SOLA

12. Laila Ali

13. Danny Mac

14. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

15. Courtney Act

16. Alesha Dixon

17. Ashley Roberts

STEPHY

6. Danny Mac

12. Laila Ali

13. Ashley Roberts 

15. Alesha Dixon

17. Courtney Act 

19. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

VICTORIA

3. Laila Ali

12. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

16. Courtney Act 

17. Danny Mac

18. Ashley Roberts 

19. Alesha Dixon

WILDCARDS

4. Alesha Dixon

7. Ashley Roberts 

13. Danny Mac

18. Laila Ali

19. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

20. Courtney Act

Laila was a good contestant on re-watch but having not watched live she lacks that emotional connection for me. That and I wasn't a fan before because I don't like sports besides WWF/WWE. :haha:

14. Katherine Jenkins

KatherineMarkTango.jpg

Chris - 3/20

Stephy - 4/20

Anne - 7/20

Dee - 10/20

Sola - 11/20

Victoria - 13/20

Public - 14/20

Lily - 15/20

Wildcards - 16/20

Amanda - 17/20

Elliott - 20/20

CHRIS

a58859440d33ff413251aa3ce5ab35f5b517822d

Katherine Jenkins is an operatic pop singer whom I absolutely adore! I remember being surprised that she was joining Dancing With The Stars instead of Strictly Come Dancing, as you would think with her being a Welsh singer and very popular in Europe. And it was certainly the right decision on her part because she was a ray of sunshine on the show - she impressed week after week. It was clear that she was a front runner consider with whom she was partnered with, but that didn't matter because she worked extremely hard to be at the top of the leaderboard for 6 weeks. As we know, she made her way to the finale where she finished in 2nd place even though I still believe that she should have won.... Now let's take a quick look at her routines throughout the competition;

• Foxtrot to "The Show": This was beautifully danced - it was the perfect style for Katherine to kick off her journey on Dancing With The Stars.
  • Jive to "Ain't Nothing Wrong With That": Super strong routine for Week 2 - it was fun and filled with energy. They nailed it!
  • Waltz to "Where You Are": Their first moment for Mark & Katherine - it was timeless, beautifully dance, and the lines were perfect. This routine deserved a perfect score but Len clearly didn't think so.
  • Paso Doble to "Time Is Running Out": My least favorite routine of hers, which also happened to be her lowest score. The dance wasn't bad but it was missing the "je ne sais quoi" that Paso Doble normally have. 
  • Argentine Tango to "Tanguedia II": An improvement from their paso doble - this routine had the perfect amount of sultry, intensity, and precision. 
  • Samba to "I Can't Get Next To You": Perfect Samba - deserved a perfect score, but we started noticing that Len clearly had an issue with Katherine or something because he kept giving her 9s. 
  • Rumba to "Canon in D Major": This piece was beautifully danced, and it had the sultry that a good rumba needed, despite not being a big fan of the choice of music. 
  • Viennese Waltz to "Kathleen": They nailed the Waltz but they struggled a bit with this routine, but even with that, the dance was still a good routine notably due to her techniques. 
  • Cha Cha Cha to "She's a Lady": Amazing choreography, danced perfectly!  Also I miss Tristan!
  • Quickstep to "The Dirty Boogie": Everything was perfect about this routine - still unsure how did this not get a perfect score. 
  • Salsa to "Bananza (Belly Dancer)": A more challenging routine for Katherine where you could see that she was pushing herself, and it was super fun because it was a different side of Katherine. Unfortunately, this is the routine where Mark accidentally kicked her in the back where they missed their last moves. 
  • Paso Doble to "España cañí": Redemption! This was perfect - it had everything their first Paso lacked. It was technically perfection, in my eyes. And she finally got her first perfect score!
  • Freestyle to ''Sing,Sing,Sing,(With A Swing)'': This was everything! What a great freestyle, and it certainly deserved the score it did. 
  • Jive to "Splish Splash": They nailed it! What a way to end their journey! Also side note, I love that Katherine sang this song when she appeared on Masked Singer UK. 

Here are some of my favourite routine of hers;

Anyway, I absolutely love Katherine Jenkins and I am sure many of the rankers know that by now considering last year's rankdown. One can hope that she may win the entire thing but I doubt it so I am hoping for a Top 10 placement, at least. 

STEPHY

I think that Katherine was the best and most consistent contestant of her season and that she should have won, however I did like Donald slightly better (plus I tend to go for the underdogs, in most cases). She was pretty much flawless throughout the season, despite what the judges think however, I do think that her Freestyle was a little too predictable which may have cost her the trophy. I like her partnership with Mark and he really shone with his choreography. I also couldn’t believe that she was dancing pregnant during the anniversary show special, which was insane.

ANNE

Robbed. She should have won her season. Damn. Her professional partner was Mark Ballas. After they did not win, it was obvious he would never win again. This was proved again with Paige. (thank you all for removing the pressure of trying to get her to 3rd place again). Some would argue it was proved again with Lindsey (don’t let them fool you. They are completely wrong.) With her dances, there were always these little things that would just elevate it. Just these small little flourishes. Her overarching storyline of the season was constantly not getting her perfect score. It was absolutely infuriating. It was fantastic when it finally happened.

DEE

aff5605e161d928c477200997084ce02ca39517f

THREEPEAT QUEEN KATHERINE JENKINS. :wub: 

One of three icons. Legend shit only.

To be honest, I figured this year would be the year that somebody eliminated Katherine Jenkins. I almost contemplated doing so for a minute out of petty spite. But I left her alone for Anne because...

giphy.gif

This year I have given Katherine the lowest ranking she has received from me yet in the finals. This is such an iconic line-up of finalists, and Katherine has had her moments to shine for two years now. Each time she has placed in the Top 5, due in part to my high ranking of her. But my absolute favorites have reached the finals together, so she is forced to take an unfortunate dip in the ranks. Top 10 is not bad though!

What is there to say about Katherine that I have not already in the previous years? Seriously one of the most incredible technicians that has ever been cast on the show. I would say she is most without a doubt one of the top ten dancers that has ever performed on the show. Fourth highest final average in the series. Every single dance is incredible. I think Katherine had the strongest first three weeks of any contestant ever cast on the show.

Katherine only received four perfect scores, but danced about nine perfect score worthy routines.

Jive, Waltz, Argentine Tango, Samba #1, Cha-Cha, Quickstep, Paso Doble, Free Style, Instant Jive. All flawless routines. 

Katherine is one of the most dominant, if not the most dominant contestant ever. She had zero competition. Wiped the floor with everybody around her, and remained sweet, humble, and endearing throughout the whole season. The fact that she lost to Donald Driver still disgusts me. 

She has always been a favorite of mine, so I am happy to watch her continued success in this Rankdown. Can we just crown her a perma-finalist at this point?

SOLA

Last year I had Katherine ranked higher I believe.  At least several spots higher.  She was partnered to Mark Ballas and she was by far my favorite contestant her season.  I feel week in and week out she stole the show.  Some of her standouts for me were her: Quickstep, Argentine Tango, Trio Cha Cha and Freestyle.  I figure she’ll probably do decently well, and I am here for it.

VICTORIA

42584dd741debd54c18b72595cc72809c86a2123

How does Katherine Jenkins do it? Do what exactly? Make the finals of this rankdown well I still no idea who she is. It's remarkable. I don't know if I should be disgusted or in awe. The only reason she is higher than Laurie and Alfonso is because Chris loves her so she is lucky 13. She is above the internationals because meh internationals. If Baby Spice made the finals my tune would be different lets be real. Well I still don't know who she is I will say she is gorgeous I'll give her that despite being utterly forgettable in my humble opinion. So Katherine Jenkins is a classical singer (again, who?) and she competed on Dancing with the Stars 14. She was partnered with Mark Ballas and came in second place. She was bested by Donald Driver despite having a higher average score. The perks of being a male on Dancing with the Stars. I would name my favorite dance from her but I don't remember any. I just remember William Levy. Oh, Papi.

ALEX

Lol her again? Laila Ali you are not! She's fine. She was on a sh*tty season and did a good job and probably deserved to win. Nothing all that special though to be frank. I ranked her 18th.

FROGLENZEN

never a fan, always confuse her with Lindsay Stirling who I also dislike

LILY

In #15, I'm ranking Katherine. Katherine I believe has made the top 20 each rankdown, which is obviously a huge accomplishment. I really like her, and she was my favorite on her season, but because of how stacked this group is, I have to rank her here. It was really exciting to see Katherine on the show, she was someone I always wanted to appear on Strictly but DWTS turned out to be a really good fit for her! In terms of their dancing, Katherine and Mark were pretty much the clear frontrunners from the start. They started with a gorgeous Foxtrot, and while I was nervous that Katherine could struggle out of ballroom, she showed no issues performing a killer Jive in the second week. From there on, Katherine rarely had many struggles - some of my favorite routines of hers included her gorgeous/emotional Waltz dedicated to her late father, her Argentine Tango, her Samba and her trio Cha-Cha.

Going into the finale, Katherine had a perfect 90 points, but was outdone by Donald, who had a really entertaining, strong Freestyle. I think he was a deserving winner for the night but over the season I was team Katherine. A really strong top two nonetheless! Congrats to Katherine once again on making it this far.

WALLY

Well done to Katherine making it to the Top 20 for the 3rd time in a row….seriously impressive how she’s one of the few dancers to achieve this. With such a strong group of contestants, I think this is the lowest I’ve ever ranked her which is shockingly #14. But i’m also putting Katherine lower in a strategic manner to help out others who haven’t been in the Top 20 before as well. Katherine is a really stunning and fantastic dancer, and who I viewed as the strongest dancer of Season 14. My favorite dances from her were the following: Foxtrot, Jive, Waltz, Argentine Tango, Samba, Cha-Cha trio (with Tristan), Quickstep and Paso Dobel (finale version).

AMANDA

tumblr_m4rqoq6YR11rpkg2no2_r1_250.gif

I really do love Katherine, and I think it's super impressive she slides under the radar enough to avoid being a casualty of pettiness every rankdown. Katherine is easily the best dancer of season 14, so it's disappointing she didn't win. She had SO many amazing routines. My favorite is her Week 2 Jive, but other amazing routines by her are her Foxtrot, Waltz, Argentine Tango, Rumba, Quickstep, Finale Paso Doble, Finale Jive, and Freestyle. I'm sure I'm fogetting some, but Katherine was incredibly consistent and is definitely one of the best celebs to have appeared on the show. She always falls in the bottom half of my final ranking though, because she's always been in the lower half of my overall favorites.

ELLIOTT

Well props to Chris for getting her in the Top 20 again. I’ve said my peace in the previous two rankdowns about her; she’s a solid dancer, I guess, but is also one of the most forgettable finalists ever. Like… if you were to put her up against Chelsea Kane and Paige Van Zant, I wouldn’t know who was who. (At least we kept Paige from making it this far again so I didn’t have to try to write 200 words on people I don’t remember). Anyway, we all know William Levy’s fine self deserved to win that season, and that’s the that on that. #JusticeForCheryl

c0tANO.gif 

I am truly flopping this rankdown. 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

I have a feeling my #20 is going to be in the Top 3.

This didn't age well.

Kristi's the highest of the threepeats. :wub:

I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF by moodman

But she still makes it to the finals of the rankdown every year. I have no choice but to stan.

Also not here for @1234567890 not knowing who Katherine is, considering she was in the music rankdown. 😘 

Just now, *Chris said:

Also not here for @1234567890 not knowing who Katherine is, considering she was in the music rankdown. 😘 

She was? :huh: