2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

Alesha. ❤️ 

13 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Also, I'm expecting Alexandra, Danny and Ashley to all follow pretty soon. :haha:

Same. :( The main reason I created the International Rankdown is because of the “But they’re internationals and don’t belong!!!” Complaints. :haha: 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Also, I'm expecting Alexandra, Danny and Ashley to all follow pretty soon. :haha:

Alexandra better not show up so soon. :/

Ashley can get posted already, though. 😘  And yes I'm saying this entirely from being petty over her making it in the final vote over Faye.

Edited by Elliott

1 minute ago, *Amanda said:

LOL. That type of pettiness is why I purposely gave Ashley a high ranking, not that I think it’ll help much.

I was being #extra. I didn't tank her because of her being here over Faye. :haha:  While she got a lower rating from me, it was because I didn't have the connection to her that I had to the others and Danny being hot.

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

Glad that Alex and I's shared taste in DWTS faves is translating over to SCD :wub: :wub:

Good placement for Alesha all things considered!

Team Mya always COMES THROUGH. :wub: I knew i could count on Alex there! :giggle:  

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

Sadlyy this yeah. :( :haha: Shame as they are all amazing, but getting them all to the Final 20 is amazing! :haha:  ❤️ 

• Like 1

Alesha. :wub: 

OOOH I totally knew Alesha was coming in at #18. Her being the only old school international contestant, I knew…. she pretty much had no shot of a high ranking. :dead: Oh well, I was expecting it at least. :haha: 

#bless Lily giving her #4 though. :wub: And Amanda with that Top 10 ranking. ❤️ LOL Yes Amanda mentioning us in her write-up. :dead: 

Also really love Chris’ and Dee’s write-ups and especially glad Deee loves her like I knew he would. :wub: Also happy with Alex really enjoying her too (and ranking her 10th)! 😄❤️   So glad we got her some new fans in here!

Also wow…. was not expecting Steven to rank Alesha 5th but yayyy!  😄 Glad she got a high ranking amongst us wildcards.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Alesha. ❤️ 

Same. :( The main reason I created the International Rankdown is because of the “But they’re internationals and don’t belong!!!” Complaints. :haha: 

:haha: 

2 hours ago, *Amanda said:

LOL. That type of pettiness is why I purposely gave Ashley a high ranking, not that I think it’ll help much.

Yeah I tried giving the internationals as high as I could with their rankings, as I knew they'd get a lot of lower rankings. :haha: 

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

I was like "Emma Slater?" until I remembered Baby Space. :rofl:

Baby Space. :wub: 

AMANDA

10. Alesha Dixon

13. Courtney Act

20. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

ANNE

13. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

14. Courtney Act

18. Alesha Dixon

CHRIS

4. Courtney Act

10. Alesha Dixon

17. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

DEE

13. Courtney Act

18. Alesha Dixon

20. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

ELLIOTT

8. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

11. Courtney Act

15. Alesha Dixon 

LILY

4. Alesha Dixon

19. Courtney Act

20. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

PUBLIC

4. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

18. Alesha Dixon

19. Courtney Act

SOLA

14. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

15. Courtney Act

16. Alesha Dixon

STEPHY

15. Alesha Dixon

17. Courtney Act 

19. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

VICTORIA

12. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

16. Courtney Act 

19. Alesha Dixon

WILDCARDS

4. Alesha Dixon

19. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

20. Courtney Act

14 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I love Baby Space. :wub:

WE STAN for Baby Space in this house. :wub: 

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

So I’m the only one who hasn’t had someone in the bottom five show up yet.

cool andy samberg GIF

That's how it is with you in these Rankdown games though. :dead:  Your #1s show up before your #20s. :haha: 

17. Ashley Roberts

ipanews_b265f76b-3136-4b08-9985-95891648

Amanda - 3/20

Wildcards - 7/20

Lily - 8/20

Chris - 9/20

Stephy - 13/20

Anne - 15/20

Dee - 17/20

Sola - 17/20

Elliott - 18/20

Victoria - 18/20

Public - 20/20

AMANDA

DnfJ0mJ.gif

Oh, Ashley. One of the worst cases of the voting public unfairly turning viciously on a lovely and amazingly talented person for no reason other than having the "ringer" label attached to them. Ashley found herself in the dance-off 3 consecutive times after the voting public turned on her. No matter that she was by far the best and most consistent dancer of the season. That her and Pasha made for a wonderful partnership that delivered showstopping routines on a weekly basis. That the judges rightfully gave her the glowing praise and the high scores she fully deserved every week. Ashley's continual bottom 2 appearances, especially her last appearance there in the semi-finals, are heartbreaking. She didn't deserve them at all, but she continued to survive thanks to the judges righteously saving her and thrive with her routines every week. Ashley was truly a joy to watch and even though I knew she wouldn't win because the viewers are the worst, I'm so glad we got to see her dance in every week of the competition. She delivered so many amazing performances. She earned 5 well-deserved perfect scores for her Jive, American Smooth, Salsa reprise, Showdance, and Charleston reprise. (Which I believe makes her the celeb with the most perfect scores on Strictly). She had numerous 39-scoring dances that honestly deserved a perfect score with her Foxtrot, Charleston, and Contemporary. Craig decided to be ridiculous and really reach for reasons not to give those dances a 10. Even when she wasn't scoring 39's and 40's, she was still fabulous. I love her Viennese Waltz, Cha-Cha, Salsa, Tango, Rumba, Samba, Quickstep, and Paso Doble. Ashley strung together an incredible and brilliant set of dances and cemented her as my favorite Strictly contestant ever. She cemented herself as one of the greatest Strictly contestants ever. Ashley making the finals of that season was a victory in itself after the viewers shrugged and said "whatever" to her SLAYING every single week. As sad as I am that Pasha left Strictly, I'm glad he ended his time on the show with this season and his partnership with Ashley because there's no way another partnership of his would ever be able to top this one. Ashley is amazing and I'm giving her my #3 ranking in hopes I can propel her to a good ranking among this top 20.

WALLY

I really love Ashley and she’s definitely an iconic SCD contestant. Ashley is also definitely one of the biggest ringers on SCD and her being American on a British show…. she kinda had it rough from Day 1. I feared she would have been robbed of not making the finals, I am glad she made it there - despite being in 3 undeserved Dance-Offs. I do think she would have feared better on SCD because I feel like she would have been a Heather/Tinashe robbery type on DWTS. Anyway, Ashley is amazing and sooo deserves to be apart of this Top 20. I will give her the #6 spot to help her out in rankings. 

Ashley was on SCD Series 16 and was Pasha Kovalev’s last partner on the show, and what an amazing run they had. Some of my favorite dances from Ashley were everything she did her: Cha-Cha, Salsa, Rumba, Charleston, Foxtrot, Contemporary, Jive, Quickstep, American Smooth and Showdance! Those of us that watched SCD16 knew Ashley was never going to win but I am glad we got to see all of her amazing dances on the show. Seriously watch, you will be amazed!

LILY

Having been a fan of the Pussycat Dolls for years before, and then seeing Ashley on a lot of UK TV shows, I was SUPER excited for her to be on Strictly. I wasn't sure if she'd be too big a ringer to be cast but I'm glad she was because it was clear she was going to bring a new level of talent to the show. And looking back, I'd say she's probably the strongest celebrity dancer Strictly has ever had IMO. She's probably the biggest ringer too so obviously those things match up, but I didn't mind - Ashley had zero chance of winning Strictly but as long as she got through to the final we'd get a series of great dancing from her.

From the start Ashley felt like she was dancing weeks ahead of everyone else. Every dance felt pretty flawless - a gorgeous opening Viennese Waltz, a disco-fused Cha-Cha, and the obligatory Dirty Dancing Salsa on movie night. She slightly took a step back in scores for her Tango but came back with an incredibly gorgeous and stunning Rumba. From this point on, Ashley scored a 10 every week between Week 6 and the finals. This started with her Halloween Charleston (not actually one of my favorite dances of hers but still super good), and continued with a classy Foxtrot, an emotional Contemporary and a perfect-scoring Jive which honestly felt like a troupe dance number. Unfortunately, the three following weeks, Ashley appeared in the bottom two. This was unsurprising because she was a young, American woman with dance experience - literally the worst nightmare of the general Strictly voters. Thankfully Ashley easily won all of her dance-offs which took her to the finals, where she scored three perfect scores. Ashley almost definitely finished 4th in the final but the benefit of them not announcing the results on Strictly is that we can just call her "joint runner-up". The final of Ashley, Faye, Joe and Stacey was filled with talent though, so any of them would have made great winners. I'm so glad Ashley made it to the rankdown and then the top 20, it's totally deserved IMO!

CHRIS

giphy.gif

Ashley Roberts, member of Pussycat Dolls, appeared on the 16th series in 2018 - one of my favourite series if I must say as they were a lot of great dancers on it. Ashley was partnered with Pasha Kovalez, and they were one of the frontrunners from of the competition. They managed to make it all the way to the finale where they got a perfect score of 120 points -  they didn't win the tropy as Stacey Dooley was crowned the winner. Some of their memorable dances are their Salsa especially their repeat, Tango to "Look What You Made Me Do" despite the terrible cover, their amazing Charleston, Foxtrot, Contemporary, Jive, Quickstep to "Don't Rain On My Parade", their American Smooth, and their show dance. And now here some of those dances; 

STEPHY

She is only here, as I she has the highest female average score of Strictly, but also because I want the Americans on this show go further. She should have won.

ANNE

She is getting the highest ranking of those who I do not know because she was paired up with Pasha. I love Pasha dearly and I hope that he eventually comes to Dancing with the Stars. That way I can be infuriated if he never wins and the judges don’t love him as much as I do, but I digress. She was in Series 16 of the show. From what I understand, she was a ringer. Is Strictly the same as Dancing with the Stars? Do female ringers get constantly criticized but the same thing is annoyed for the men?

DEE

giphy.gif

Ashley Roberts is most well-known for being a backup singer and dancer in the one-woman singing and dancing group known as Nicole Scherzinger's Pussycat Doll. Ashley is also the last celebrity partner for Pasha Kovalev, who left the show after this series. I love Pasha so much, so I imagine that I will love Ashley as well. Clearly she was cast as a ringer, and we all know I love the ringers. 

And after exploring all of her journey...

The Ringiest of Ringers. I STAN. :wub:

Way better than Heather Morris. May we put all of our focus on being fans of this robbed goddess instead? Talk about having a dance background before coming on the show. LOL.

She had a super fun partnership with Pasha. Cute and sweet personality. The choreography that Pasha gave her every week was...pretty intense. Some of the most difficult choreography I've ever seen on DWTS/SCD. Yet Ashley murdered every single routine. Wow. Very, very good.

Ashley topped the leaderboard eight out of thirteen weeks and ended the season with a final average score of 36.9. Sickening. Apparently, she has the highest amount of perfect scores in the history of Strictly Come Dancing, earning a total of five perfect scores while on the show. That final average score is also the highest in SCD history. WERK.

Every single dance was great. Seriously. Hard to pick favorites honestly. But I'll list what I think are her best dances:

Week Two Cha-Cha-Cha: FIERCE.

Movie Night Salsa: Intricate and precise.

Week Five Rumba: Perfection. Sultry perfection.

Halloween Week Charleston: ICONIC. LOVE SO MUCH. MY FAVE.

Week 7 Foxtrot: So good. Perfect technique. She was literally floating.

Week 8 Contemporary: Probably the best DWTS/SCD Contemporary routine I've seen. Girl had technique out the wazoo. LOL.

Blackpool Night Jive: ICONIC. PERFECTION. SECOND FAVE.

Musicals Week Quickstep: LOL BEYOND GOOD. That part where they dance on the newspaper stand was awesome.

Semi-finals American Smooth: WHAT WAS THAT LIFT AT THE END OMG.

Safe to say I'm a big fan. I could care less about being a super ringer. LOL. So good. Really happy I sat down and explored as much of her journey as I could. I think she knew that this would be Pasha's final season, so the two delivered every single week to send him off properly. 

But it seems that the SCD voters do not like women ringers either, since she landed in the bottom two during the Quarter Finals and Semi Finals. Then she ranked as one of the runner-ups to...the obnoxious and problematic Stacey Dooley. YUCK.

Ashley deserved better. Obviously my loyalties still lie to my domestic goddesses, but I'm not upset to see her in the finals tbh.

SOLA

Ashley is a member of the pussycat dolls.  She was on strictly come dancing and I am glad she could represent in the final ranking.  She can rep for Nicole.  Ashley was partnered with Pasha Kovalev on Strictly Come Dancing Season 16 and she was a great dancer.  However, I would rather have seen Caroline in the game to rep a pasha partner.  Ashley had come killer dances, and has 5 perfect scores, giving her the record in the strictly Ballroom.  She also has the highest cumulated score ever.  I think I liked her Charleston the best of the dances when I binge watched her routines.

ELLIOTT

Is this an entirely petty ranking because she’s in the Top 20 and Faye Tozer of Steps fame is not? Absolutely. I liked Ashley well enough in her series, which was to be expected since she was with Pasha. But from that finale alone, she was probably my third favourite behind Faye (obviously) and Joe (because I’m shallow and he’s cute). Objectively, however, her landing in the dance-off three weeks in a row was horsesh*t. (Though at least her three judges’ saves were actually deserved unlike someone on the US show :*.) She’s back to being one of Nicole Scherzinger’s back-up dancers nowadays, so hopefully the reunion tour works out well for her.

VICTORIA

giphy.gif

I have no idea who this person is either based on name alone. Oh the joys of the international contestants not named Emma, Alexandra, Rachel, Courtney, Kimberley or Pixie. Ashley Roberts is best known as being a backup dancer for Nicole Scherzinger in the group, The Pussycat Dolls. She competed on Strictly Come Dancing Series 16 and was partnered with Pasha Kovalev. She reached the final and had the highest average score of any contestant. She placed fourth? I feel like I am reading that wrong because for Alexandra is just said runner-up but it didn’t specify the placement. WHATEVER, she didn’t win like Nicole did. Another thing Nicole has over her. Nicole didn’t make the finals of this rankdown and Ashley did so small victories? “I Hate This Part” is a bop. That is all.

ALEX

I'm not gonna lie, Ashley gave off overhyped blonde IDF fave that I wouldn't stan and would send half the board into a tizzy. She was clearly talented, but I was having trouble connecting with her. Idk I obviously can't know that for sure without watching her full season. Maybe I would have stanned, I like the occasional IDF It Girl. Just the impression I got. I ranked her at 14.

FROGLENZEN

whoo