2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

24 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Ahh yeah, same to this. Although I'm fine with this as I do love the four Strictly contestants more.

But really well done to Courtney getting #19. She was outstanding on her season and had so many fantastic dances. Chris, especially did an amazing write-up for her. ❤️ 

Thanks Wally!

Everyone did a good writeup but Dee always kill it - thanks for the shout out ❤️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Thanks Wally!

Everyone did a good writeup but Dee always kill it - thanks for the shout out ❤️

:hug:

Ooh yess, Dee always does really amazing write-ups! :omg: 

4 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

*me after doing fourteen write-ups*

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

Courtney should have ranked higher for this alone:

tumblr_p315ui2kZS1qk88rvo1_500.gifv

This isn't apart of DWTSAU though. 😛 :haha: 

AMANDA

13. Courtney Act

20. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

ANNE

13. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

14. Courtney Act

CHRIS

4. Courtney Act

17. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

DEE

13. Courtney Act

20. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

ELLIOTT

8. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

11. Courtney Act

LILY

19. Courtney Act

20. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

PUBLIC

4. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

19. Courtney Act

SOLA

14. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

15. Courtney Act

STEPHY

17. Courtney Act 

19. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

VICTORIA

12. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

16. Courtney Act 

WILDCARDS

19. Elizabeth Berkley Lauren

20. Courtney Act

18. Alesha Dixon

StrictlyAleshaA460.jpg

13.36/20

Wildcards - 4/20

Lily - 4/20

Amanda - 10/20

Chris - 10/20

Elliott - 15/20

Stephy - 15/20

Sola - 16/20

Anne - 18/20

Dee - 18/20

Public - 18/20

Victoria - 19/20

WALLY

Wow I am really happy that I was able to bring Alesha Dixon into the game and now she made it into the Top 20 of this game. Thanks to those of you for not targeting her and saving her whenever she was up. She’s definitely amongst one of my all-time very favorite Strictly/International contestants, and is certainly an iconic contestant. :wub: It’s hard for me to rank the internationals amongst the DWTS contestants, but I will give Alesha the #2 spot in hopes to get her as high of a spot on here that she deserves. ❤️ Actually before her time on SCD, I knew and remembered her from Mis-Teeq as I loved their song/video, “Scandalous.” :wub:

Alesha was on Series 5 of SCD, and of course you could have guessed it…. she definitely shone and was the star of that series. It’s a testament to how amazing of a contestant Alesha is because I did not watch her season in live time, so didn’t have that ~weekly journey connection~ with her like I did with everyone else in this Top 20 but she’s still amongst my all-time favorites. My favorite dances rom Alesha would be everything her: Rumba, Jive, Foxtrot, Salsa (which was UNDERSCORED), Waltz, Cha-Cha, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Quickstep, Argentine Tango and Showdance. It’s actually disgusting how she never got a perfect 40 - Len, Craig and/or Arlene would ruin that or her. I’m hoping people not familiar with Alesha will grow to love her as I can see her being a big IDF favorite. ❤️  

LILY

So in #4, I am deciding to place Alesha Dixon, the winner of Strictly Come Dancing series 5 - and my all-time favorite winner of Strictly! I loved Alesha in the girl group Mis-Teeq, and prior to her appearance on Strictly she had a pretty rough time in the public eye, with a solo career that wasn't going completely to plan, and also a very public marriage breakup because her husband had an affair. Alesha was reluctant to compete in Strictly but it's led to so many opportunities for her and I'm so glad she decided to do so!

Alesha started out great with her opening Rumba, but really broke out in Week 3, when she had such a high-energy, high-quality Jive. It really showed her potential and her dance talent, and from here on she rarely had a weak moment. She adapted so well to ballroom and was so gorgeous in the slower numbers, but was also able to bring out such a fierce side to her in the Latin. While she had so many gorgeous ballroom numbers such as her Foxtrot, her Waltz, her Viennese Waltz and her Quickstep to name a few, my highlights really were her high-energy faster numbers. Her "Crazy in Love" Cha-Cha is such a highlight in the show's history, as well as her Salsa. My second fave in this series was Kelly Brook who unfortunately had to withdraw mid-season, and this led to a two-person final between Alesha and Matt Di Angelo. Alesha totally crushed the final and made for such a deserving winner. The host at the time said to her after her win that she was so talented, she could become the British Beyoncé. Ok yes this was a stretch, but Alesha did so many great things post-Strictly!

Her solo music career was back on track, she appeared on a bunch of TV shows hosting and judging (and continues to do so), and of course, she came back to judge for three more series of Strictly. There was a lot of controversy regarding Alesha's hiring because she replaced Arlene Phillips, a long-standing more experienced judge who was fired (leading to lots of rows about ageism, replacing her with a younger, less experienced judge). Alesha faced a lot of really harsh press as a judge but I think she really adapted to the role and was a great addition to the judging panel. She's one of Strictly's all-time greats so totally deserves to be here!

AMANDA

JoyfulHighlevelFlyingsquirrel-size_restr

Alesha Dixon is amazing, and is one of many reasons I encourage those who haven't watched Strictly Come Dancing to give it a chance. Or you know, actually watch the videos I posted when the internationals were introduced to the rankdown. Alesha is a singer who won series 5 of Strictly with her equally as amazing partner Matthew Cutler. She slayed every week, and I'm still disgusted at the fact that she was denied of the perfect scores that were rightfully hers on many occasions. That's right, this fantastic dancer didn't receive ANY perfect scores during the season which is a crime, truly. Some of Alesha's standout routines are both of her Jives, her Argentine Tango, her Viennese Waltz, her Waltz, her Paso Doble, her Showdance, her Samba, her Tango, and her Quickstep. Truly a brilliant contestant and deserving winner, and I'm very happy that she made the Top 20 of this rankdown, I'm sure Wally and Lily will elaborate more on her journey, but just know that Alesha is fabulous and deserves all the love she's given.

CHRIS

I absolutely love Alesha Dixon, notably due to her appearance on Strictly Come Dancing as a contestant & judge as well as a judge on Britain's Got Talent. She was absolutely the star of the 5th series of Strictly Come Dancing where she delivered flawless routine, and kept being underscored for them, even though she had the highest average ever for a celebrity on Strictly Come Dancing. Here is one of my favourite dance of hers, mainly because I love the song;

ELLIOTT

I remember seeing Alesha’s routines way back in the day, and liked what I saw. I don’t really follow Strictly that closely, which is why I’m ranking Alesha where I am. My favourite routine from her was her cha cha to Crazy in Love. Looking at her run now, HOW did she never score a perfect 40?????

STEPHY

From what I have heard, she was great and would love to see some of her dances.

SOLA

I am continuing with my strategy of the bottom five contestants being the ones I absolutely do not want to win.  I have seen Alesha’s dances on years after she won her season.  It is probably because of this that I don’t feel any attachment to her.  Alesha won her series with no perfect scores.  Later she became a judge on the show.  It was really the first time a contestant on a reality show came back to judge as a regular on the panel.  I think she’s going to get many votes, and I just want to balance is out.

ANNE

Someone from the earlier season of Strictly. This is just exciting. And she won her season! Great. This was back in Series 5. From what I have seen in wiki, she got a really great career resurgence from the time on the show. I love when that works out for people. I guess she ended up a judge on the show a few seasons later? Um. I really hope she was a ringer. Even someone with previous dance experience, it does not mean they can judge ballroom. Someone who watches Strictly needs to tell me how they worked out. You know, I probably overthought this. The judges on Strictly are probably like the judges on dwts. They make you have #lowstandards to get through it.

DEE

Alesha Dixon is most famous for being the rapper in the British girl group, Mis-Teeq. After a brief and successful stint with the group, Alesha Dixon's career slowed down a bit. Naturally, she joined the cast of Series 5 of Strictly Come Dancing in 2007, and went on to win the Mirrorball Trophy! Her win was nearly thirteen years ago, but she is clearly still one of the most iconic contestants to have appeared on the show.

After diving in to her journey...

Wow. I stan. :wub: 

Alesha had such a bubbly and super energetic personality. She was clearly so excited to be part of the show and soaked in all of the fun of the entire experience. In fact, her professional partner, Matthew Cutler, would often worry about calming her down so that she could focus on technique rather than fun. I loved her combination of commitment and pure joy. Her energy was infectious. And her two Nans were so precious!

She dominated the competition. I cannot speak to how strong her competition was, but Alesha was on top nearly every single week. Even the judges admitted that Alesha was clearly the star of the season and really expected perfection from her every week. She placed at the top of the leaderboard seven out of her eleven weeks. Final average for the season was a 36.5 out of 40.

She did THAT on multiple occasions. But that Cha-Cha is iconic. WOW. 🔥

F*ck whoever this Revel Horwood fellow is for denying that perfection a perfect score. YIKES.

My other favorite Alesha routines definitely have to be her Foxtrot, Waltz, Tango, Viennese Waltz, and Quickstep. All nearly flawless routines.

She never had a misstep in the competition, though her Samba and Paso Doble might be her weakest routines? They are still very good though.

Congratulation to whoever brought her into the competition! She made the finals, and deservedly so. Even if I was/am still on Team Eliminate All Internationals. LOL. I am officially a fan! Her career skyrocketed after winning the show, which makes me happy to hear.

Sorry for the low ranking, but my loyalty is obviously with the DWTS crew.

ALEX

I was really into watching her and I wish she placed higher. Alesha and Alexandra were easily my favorites out of the International contestants and I'm happy with their success in the game! She was a natural from the start, but I also think she had a bit of a growth story arc. Her confidence grew as did her stage presence. And I enjoyed being able to watch her packages thanks to YouTube and get to know her better. I thought she was really charming and likable. I'm glad she won her season! I ranked her 10th.

FROGLENZEN

who

VICTORIA

giphy.gif
Did you think I was kidding when I said I was going to rank all the internationals last? I really wasn’t. I really dislike writing about people or topics I have no knowledge about. I didn’t know anything about Alexandra Burke’s journey on Strictly Come Dancing but I know who she is as an artist and celebrity. Alesha Dixon? I had no idea who this person was before the rankdown and I’m sure I will forget about her when the rankdown is over. According to my good friend Wikipedia; Alesha Dixon is an English singer, rapper, songwriter, dancer, author, model and television personality. All those professions and I still have no idea who she is. I really should have ranked her last. Alesha Dixon competed on Strictly Come Dancing Series 5 and was partnered with Matthew Cutler. She went on to win the competition but I know for sure she will not win this rankdown.

2 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Alesha and Alexandra were easily my favorites out of the International contestants and I'm happy with their success in the game!

Glad that Alex and I's shared taste in DWTS faves is translating over to SCD :wub: :wub:

Good placement for Alesha all things considered!

Edited by *Lily