idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Alex95

2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

6 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

My PMs are open. 😘

PettyChris and Nice Chris are arguing again. 

My PMs are about to be closed because I've been working on deals since before Alex even posted the format of the round and just want to continue my trend of always being the first person to make the final cut in this game.

1 hour ago, aliasocfan said:

My PMs are open. 😘

Petty!Sola and Sane!Sola are arguing again. 

My PMs are also open and I'm willing to make deals because I have no idea what I'm gonna do. :dead:

My PM’s are open too. I will not be making a cut until a few hours because I’m currently at work and don’t have time to.

Posted (edited)

RACHEL STEVENS

article-2249586-168DA2F3000005DC-701_634

Me not cutting Stacy Keibler despite nobody asking me to save her?

908cbb3a7e704430b595d35fae8dab68.gif

You're welcome @*Diana. 😘 

So I'm honouring all of the requests sent to me, and based off the list of contestants remaining, Rachel Stevens is the contestant I'm going with for my final cut. As fun as dragging as many internationals as far as possible to annoy @Alex95 was, it's time to cut all of them except Alexandra Burke and Courtney Act. 😘 Rachel Stevens originally rose to fame as part of S Club 7, which was supposedly a pop group but I knew them more for their TV show than any music they actually put out. Plus Faye Tozer from the superior mixed-gender pop group Steps was cut, so naturally S Club will take a hit as well. #PettyElliott

On the sixth series of Strictly Come Dancing, Rachel Stevens was partnered with Vincent Simone and placed second. She lost to a white male, so I'm going to assume she was better than him. *looks at the scores* Oh, what do you know? I was correct in my hunch. 🙃 Rachel finished the series with the highest average of the cast, a 35.8, which was a full 1.3 points higher than the man who won. KekePalmerImSorryToThisMan.gif Rachel received a perfect score of 40 twice in the series, in week ten for her Foxtrot to Close to You, and again for its reprise in the finale. Otherwise, she consistently scored high, and was almost always first on the weekly leaderboard, and received a near-perfect score of 39 on several occasions. Her lowest score, in fact, was a 30/40. Not too shabby.

ETA: Per @*Wallace, her rumba is a highlight so I'm posting it below:

Edited by Elliott

Rachel. :wub: One of my all-time fave contestants. This is a great placement for her considering she’s from an earlier UK series, I thought she’d be out much earlier.

3 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Rachel. :wub: One of my all-time fave contestants. This is a great placement for her considering she’s from an earlier UK series, I thought she’d be out much earlier.

By the time I got done honouring everyone's deals and removed the people I didn't want to cut, I had like 8 names to choose from, and decided to not be predictable by cutting Stacy for once. :dead: 

Rachel Stevens provided one of the best and sexiest Rumabs EVER! :wub::omg: Please watch y'all.  

Loved her amazing Argentine Tango too. :wub:  

• Like 2

Diana straight up ignoring me not cutting Stacy so she gets her highest placement in a DWTS rankdown. 🙂

Alex, I need to change my cut. 🙂

:giggle: 

Posted (edited)

Simone Biles

Su4mOTfuMBMNa.gif

^Iconic moment.

I didn't want to cut another guy and I actually wouldn't mind seeing the majority of the internationals in the finals.  I have stated previously that I think Simone is an amazing gymnast, but shes not one of the best that have been on DWTS in terms of dancing.  I feel like she left a lot to be desired when we had Shawn and Laurie compete.  Her journey just fell flat by comparison.  Simone was partnered with Sasha, and was his first really good contestant.  His next best was Tonya.  Anyway Simone competed on season 24, and the female talent was stacked.  I think that might have been why I felt lukewarm on her.  She was competing against Normani and Heather (but also Bonner).  She was a distant third for me throughout the season when comparing to Normani and Heather.

rs_640x360-170417190754-dancing_with_the

My favorite dance she did was her Disney contemporary to "How Far I'll Go" from the Moana soundtrack.  This was an amazing routine, and truly looked like she loved what she was doing.  She didn't get a perfect score until the semifinals, where she got not one but two of them.  Her Jive was electric and Rumba was stunning.  It was the first night I thought she could actually be a contender...... and then she went home in 4th place.  To be fair though, I would rather her leave then Normani who I think as a whole stole the season.  

rs_640x360-170508190608-dancing_with_the

Now my problems with Simone.  I understand shes giddy and young, but that did not translate well on the screen for me the way Laurie's personality did a couple seasons earlier.  I don't think she ever reached the level of talent I expected of her. That probably was a result of the fact that I compared her to Laurie, Shawn and Nastia, who I felt had stronger catalogs during their time.  

Image result for Simone Biles dwts gif

Anyway I am sorry to anyone who wanted her in the finals, but I had a couple of people ask me to avoid cutting certain individuals.  I considered cutting Laurie out of spite, but I didn't.  If you are mad she was cut, its your fault for not cutting a deal.  I can't wait to see what everyone else decides to cut.

tumblr_oprn2iVkR01r5zq6ao1_500.gifv

Edited by Solaris

Mario Lopez

Image result for mario lopez dwts

I did a similar thing to Elliott here, going through the names of people I was going to keep safe and also wanted to stay in. When it came down to the final names, the one I felt most confident with cutting was Mario. This also makes Elizabeth Berkley-Lauren/Jessie Spano the last remaining Saved by the Bell cast member in this rankdown :wub: (even though she and Mario are the only ones but this is not relevant here!). It also gives Monique Coleman the Season 3 win, which I am obviously here for. I like Mario lots, but I just liked the other remaining names from my list more. So this isn't a petty cut or even that strategic, it just came down to who I wanted to least see in the top 20. 

Mario appeared on Season 3 where he was Karina's first celebrity partner. They were an excellent pairing who scored incredibly high with a 27.6 point average. Although early on in the season they had a couple of unconventional routines which Len was not too happy with, otherwise their ride to the finals was really smooth and strong. Their Paso Doble, Mambo, Foxtrot, Sambas and their final Tango (voted by the judges as their all-time favorite perfect-scoring dance as of Season 11, a title which they'd probably now give to Bobby's Freestyle) all currently are standing out as great highlights. In a surprising turn of events, I actually rooted moreso for the less strong dancer in the final 2 which was Emmitt, he came at a time where football players were not being churned out every season and the judges acted shocked because they were so good, but Emmitt was a genuinely fun and good contestant. Oh, and I obviously stanned a lot of the women that season. Monique Coleman going from 'nice Disney casting' to calling out the judges on their sexist BS? Iconic. Willa Ford showing up on the show despite having only one hit in "I Wanna Be Bad"? Amazing. Deserved because "I Wanna Be Bad" is a top-tier pop song. Vivica A. Fox? Legendary. Sara Evans? Not really a fan on the show but if I showed up to a hoedown I would not leave until I heard "Suds in the Bucket". Shanna Moakler was also in this cast. So yeah, I was kinda team women & Emmitt, lol, but there was no denying that Mario was simply an amazing dancer. Technically speaking he should have taken the mirrorball.

But missing out on the win did not affect him at all as he's gone on to have one of the most successful post-DWTS careers. He went from being a 90s teen star to a TV host most notably for Extra. I just found out through Wiki that he's left Extra and now hosts Access Hollywood, which, well aren't they the same thing? But good for him! I think this is a more than deserving placement for Mario. He would have been a good addition to the top 20 but with all things considered, I'm going to cut him here.

Aww Simone. :( Great placing for her, though. I feel like she's always done consistently pretty well in these rankdowns which is always impressive.

Lily cutting my second choice. I stan. :wub: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

Mario > Elizabeth.

You bettah not cut her ass as the final cut again :angry:

• Like 1

TOP TIER ICONIC MOMENT OF TEEN COMEDIES.

Love Simone but I'm totally okay with this cut.. She had some great moments on the show although I agree with a lot of Sola's comments. I think it was a major disservice doing the show after Laurie, who was a perfect DWTS contestant and comparisons would be made between them.

Mario. 😢 Sad to see him go. But yeah I have bigger favorites I'm worried about and hoping can make it, so I can live with this cut. He's amazing though.

Is Elizabeth really going to my final cut twice? :dead:

Baby No GIF by moodman

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

You bettah not cut her ass as the final cut again :angry:

Impartial host, Alex. 😮 

:giggle: 

Mario had a stronger run but for me Elizabeth's cracked energy throughout the season is highly underrated :wub:  That package where she just blankly stared into Val's eyes forever and he was totally confused by the whole thing :wub: Her giving an entire speech to guest judge Cher about empowering women and Cher looking like she was wondering why she even came on the show :wub: 

Also this iconic reaction to getting eliminated which we could all relate to:

Image result for elizabeth berkley elimination

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

3scr01.jpg