idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Alex95

2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Save Danny

Cut Karim

I have the flu and am really sick everybody. Sorry for holding the game up.

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Save Danny

Cut Karim

I have the flu and am really sick everybody. Sorry for holding the game up.

Not held up at all! Still within the 24 hrs.

Get better soon, Deee. :(  :hug: 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Karim Zeroual (Series 17)

giphy.gif

Sorry to any fans of Karim, but I chose to save the dancer with the higher overall average. Danny just edges out Karim, so he is the unlucky one. Karim is a cutie though, so this is a disappointing cut. 

Karim is most notable as a CBBC presenter and actor. Appearing on the most recent season of Strictly Come Dancing, Karim found himself partnered with Amy Dowden, whose first two seasons were seemingly unsuccessful and lackluster. But her unlucky streak would end with Karim, who helped Amy to achieve her first successful season as a professional partner. Karim ended the season as the runner-up, after earning the highest-scoring dance for seven out of the thirteen weeks. Pretty impressive. Karim seemed to be competing with eventual winner Kelvin every single week for the top honors, yet Karim ended the season with the highest number of top weekly rankings. His final average is a 35.7, which is lower than Kelvin's average of 36.4. That means Karim had a few weak performances I assume, and judging by all of his scores, this is true.

In total, Karim danced the following routines: Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Samba, Tango, Salsa, Paso Doble, Quickstep, Viennese Waltz, Charleston, Contemporary, Jive, Argentine Tango, American Smooth, Reprise Quickstep, Showdance, and Reprise Jive. Karim earned three perfect scores for his Jive, Reprise Quickstep, and Reprise Jive. His lowest score of the season is a 26 for the Samba. Based on everything I've read on the surface, it seems like a bummer that Karim did not win.

SAVING: Danny Mac (SCD 14)

Edited by Deeee

*me having participated in three rankdowns and literally having no idea who he is*

Just now, Elliott said:

*me having participated in three rankdowns and literally having no idea who he is*

He's a Strictly contestant from last year's show. :haha: 

Great write-up on Karim there, Deee! 😄 Yeah the last season was a competition between Kelvin vs. Karim and both were the clear standouts of the season. And also the first DWTS/SCD series where my Top 2 were males - and I kept changing my mind of who was my favorite nearly each week. :haha: Kelvin was more consistent throughout the season (and just as deserving of winning) whereas Karim had 2-3 ~weaker dances - mostly due to bussed and bizarre song choices and themes (his Samba + Paso and his VW he made some footwork mistakes and was nervous in it). Karim was great at everything else and was one of those strong dancers/ringer types that seemed to be lacking in votes towards the end of the season (which the UK voters seem to be against).  :( 

I especially love these dances from him.

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

He's a Strictly contestant from last year's show. :haha: 

Then it should say Series 17, not Season 17. 💅

9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Oh good point. I didn't catch that. :haha: 

30 minutes ago, Elliott said:

source.gif

Karim. ❤️ One of the few bright spots of a very dismal series 17. 

I do agree with Dee's choice, though. Danny Mac is the greatest male celeb to have appeared on Strictly.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Karim was such wasted potential IMO, could have been another Jordan but his dances were all so one-note - executed well but I felt nothing and always too frantic and the ones that scored low were just bizarre and their partnership was too intense, some of the other ringers did have a fun chemistry which I didn't see with them.

I really wish he had been with another pro - someone like Oti or Katya, or even on the US version with the likes of Sharna or Lindsay. I was skeptical about Amy as a pro after an unremarkable mid-table run with dance-trained Danny John Jules in 2018 and some unflattering training footage from her first series with Brian Conley, sadly both of those were proven true again when she had a younger, fitter partner. If she wants an MBT in the future, she needs to improve her choreo and show a more light-hearted side to her personality.

Kelvin was ultimately more consistent and since he had Oti who really deserved an MBT, I was fine with him winning - better winner than most of the others.

Edited by DWTSFan2001

My nominations: 

Drew Lachey

Joey Lawrence

Joey Fatone

Hélio Castroneves

Jason Taylor

Cristián de la Fuente

Lil' Kim

Joanna Krupa

Evan Lysacek

Brandy

Ricki Lake

Maria Menounos

Kellie Pickler

Milo Manheim

tamina snuka GIF

save cristian 

Cut milo

MILO MANHEIM

giphy.gif

Milo Manheim, known for a Disney channel original movie that most of us never heard of, was on Dancing With The Stars: Season 27 - the season that Bobby Bones managed to win. He was the token teen star of the season - he’s one of the better one but that’s low standards compare to other teen stars that appeared on the show. He was seen as a favourite to win due to his partnership with Witney Carson, a favourite pro of the show. He finished in 2nd place which is good but I never been a big fan of his - I found him to be a tad bit overrated mainly his Incredibles routine which I didn’t really care for or understand the praise of it. Anyway, he’s leaving this rankdown where he won’t win either but at least he outlasted Bobby! 

SAVING; Cristian de la fuente 

Save Drew

Cut Maria

Oh wait I'm blocked this round. 🙄

Noted. 🙂 

Joanna Krupa

SlushyGoodHind-size_restricted.gif

So we can ensure the Mya win for season 9. 😘 Joanna Krupa is a model who was partnered with Derek Hough during the non-ringers who happened to be good dancers stage of his tenure on the show. She was a part of the unnecessarily large Season 9 cast, and in all honesty was definitely the 2nd-best dancer behind Mya, but we all know that Mya is the only one that. matters from that season. Joanna's best dance is her iconic Futuristic Paso Doble, which scored 29 points and was one of the dances that earned Derek an Emmy nomination. Her other great dances were her 26-scoring Lambada, her 26-scoring Waltz, her 27-scoring Rumba, and her trio of 27-scoring semi-finals dances (Viennese Waltz, Cha-Cha, Salsa). She was eliminated during the semi-finals, but I would've gladly taken her in the finals over Donny or Kelly. Anyway, she's being cut so the Mya win is solidified for season 9.

SAVING: Brandy

What about the SYTYCD rankdown? 😘

• Haha 1

I'll get to it! I've been busy and have a life outside of IDF. :P