idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Alex95

2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

source.gif

Riker Lynch, prior to Dancing With The Stars, was best known for his role on Glee as Jeff from Dalton Academy Warblers.  He's also part of a "music" group, apparently. He was also on SYTYCD as a guest performer so he did have experience as a dancers. On DWTS, he was partnered with Allison Holker. They were often overscored throughout their season but still made it all the way to 2nd place - wanna know how this was possible? We can talk about him being related to the Houghs and him having more experience than Allison when it comes to ballroom as he competed in ballrooms competition - so not really far to other competitors, remember when people threw a fit that other contestants for having dancing experience but didn't do anything for him. That being said, I did enjoy their contemporary though. Do I care about them as a partnership? Not really. And I was glad that they didn't win. Anyway, sorry if anyone is offended by this cut but sorry not sorry, as it needed to be done.

SAVING: RACHEL HUNTER

Edited by *Chris

Save Season one champion, all stars underdog, season 20 returnee, celebrity trio participant, 2017 DWTS rankdown first official being back contestant, soap opera icon, gay rights activist and IDF Redo Underdog Kellegend Monaco

Cut Frankie Muñiz

5 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Riker Lynch, prior to Dancing With The Stars, was best known for his role on Glee as Jeff from Dalton Academy Warblers.  He's also part of a "music" group, apparently. He was also on SYTYCD as a guest performer so he did have experience as a dancers. On DWTS, he was partnered with Allison Holker. They were often overscored throughout their season but still made it all the way to 2nd place so there's that - I did enjoy their contemporary though. Do I care about them as a partnership? Not really. And I was glad that they didn't win. Anyway, sorry if anyone is offended by this cut but sorry not sorry, as it needed to be done.

You didn't even acknowledge that he is a cousin to Derek & Julianne, has more ballroom experience than Allison not that that's hard or competed in professional ballroom champions, smh.

Also I will make a deal for anyone who saves Tia Carrere ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

Frankie can go I suppose.  I did my job getting him his win for his season.  

3 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Frankie can go I suppose.  I did my job getting him his win for his season.  

Your job of upholding white mediocrity? LOL. Frankie sucks.

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

when the choices are Frankie, Victoria or Nikki, I will take Frankie every time.

Natalie Coughlin

Image result for natalie coughlin dwts

Hmm... writing 100 words on Natalie Coughlin. Not sure where to start.

BouncyAridCoral-size_restricted.gif

I did like Natalie, she had great potential and she was eliminated earlier than she should have been on Season 9 - she lasted 5 weeks on a season which felt 90 weeks long. Just when she was starting to break out with routines such as the Rumba and the Bolero (lol) which scored high numbers, she ended up being eliminated. I'm not sure how much further she could have made it in that season, but she definitely should have outlasted the likes of Michael Irvin (but a football player outstaying their welcome isn't a new concept on DWTS). Honestly I think the problem with Natalie and Alec was that I feel like they were just kinda boring? I don't remember much about them. Neither had stand-out personalities and it made it super easy for them to blend into the background of a 16-couple season. So while I liked Natalie well enough, I think she's one of the weak links left in this rankdown, and it's time to cut her.

Saving Toni Braxton

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Isn't he Italian and Puerto Rican?

Just now, Elliott said:

Isn't he Italian and Puerto Rican?

He can be both of those things. His skin is white. Frankie is super white. 

I am Cuban, but my skin is white. LOL.

FRANKIE MUÑIZ

Ugh, I hate cutting a Witney partner but here we are, I guess. Frankie Muñiz was a return to form for Witney as a pro after a string of terrible partners one of whom allegedly drove drunk and killed someone, never forget and they had a solidly consistent run. Were they at the level of Jordan, Lindsey, Nikki and Vanessa? To quote Divina De Campo, I don't think. But considering some of the other options that season, them making it to third place was fine and at the time I preferred him to Jordan actually I probably still do, don't @ me and he at least had a handful of solid routines. His most notable one was the one I posted above, the Halloween contemporary to Every Breath You Take (even if Witney outdid herself with Toxic the following season like the legend she is), but I also enjoyed their Viennese Waltz the following week, their Salsa the week after that and their Freestyle. And as someone that grew up watching Malcolm in the Middle and some DCOMs, I also had had a crush on Frankie Muñiz at some point in my life.

But then you know, he went and defended Agent Orange, called Affordable Health Care an embarrassment and has become problematic now that he's back in the public eye, so I'm cutting him here. (And this is going to sound kind of messy of me to say, but the recent endorsements for Tr*mp that I've noticed are all from athletes who have had numerous brain concussions or head injuries, so I think we should probably look into that.)

SAVE: Season one champion, all stars underdog, season 20 returnee, celebrity trio participant, 2017 DWTS rankdown first official being back contestant, soap opera icon, gay rights activist and IDF Redo Underdog Kellegend Monaco

7 minutes ago, Solaris said:

when the choices are Frankie, Victoria or Nikki, I will take Frankie every time.

Frankie over Nikki Bella? 

VdKEe00.gif

Just now, Elliott said:

Frankie over Nikki Bella? 

VdKEe00.gif

I do.  I like Nikki, but shes like a comfortable 5th from that season.  

24 minutes ago, Elliott said:

You didn't even acknowledge that he is a cousin to Derek & Julianne, has more ballroom experience than Allison not that that's hard or competed in professional ballroom champions, smh.

Fixed 😘 

Sorry guys we're gonna have to do a reset! @Deeee you must nominate 14 dancers. Because @Solaris is blocked, only 7 rankers are cutting and saving.

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Sorry guys we're gonna have to do a reset! @Deeee you must nominate 14 dancers. Because @Solaris is blocked, only 7 rankers are cutting and saving.

but I didn't cut?

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

but I didn't cut?

I know! But Dee nominated 16 dancers when he should've only nominated 14.

Nominations:

Kelly Monaco
Joey McIntyre
Rachel Hunter

Jennie Garth
Mario
Toni Braxton
Natalie Coughlin
Rick Fox
Hines Ward
Ralph Macchio
Romeo
Frankie Muniz
Riker Lynch
Robert Herjavec

29 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Natalie Coughlin

Image result for natalie coughlin dwts

Hmm... writing 100 words on Natalie Coughlin. Not sure where to start.

BouncyAridCoral-size_restricted.gif

I did like Natalie, she had great potential and she was eliminated earlier than she should have been on Season 9 - she lasted 5 weeks on a season which felt 90 weeks long. Just when she was starting to break out with routines such as the Rumba and the Bolero (lol) which scored high numbers, she ended up being eliminated. I'm not sure how much further she could have made it in that season, but she definitely should have outlasted the likes of Michael Irvin (but a football player outstaying their welcome isn't a new concept on DWTS). Honestly I think the problem with Natalie and Alec was that I feel like they were just kinda boring? I don't remember much about them. Neither had stand-out personalities and it made it super easy for them to blend into the background of a 16-couple season. So while I liked Natalie well enough, I think she's one of the weak links left in this rankdown, and it's time to cut her.

Saving Toni Braxton

source.gif

Riker Lynch, prior to Dancing With The Stars, was best known for his role on Glee as Jeff from Dalton Academy Warblers.  He's also part of a "music" group, apparently. He was also on SYTYCD as a guest performer so he did have experience as a dancers. On DWTS, he was partnered with Allison Holker. They were often overscored throughout their season but still made it all the way to 2nd place - wanna know how this was possible? We can talk about him being related to the Houghs and him having more experience than Allison when it comes to ballroom as he competed in ballrooms competition - so not really far to other competitors, remember when people threw a fit that other contestants for having dancing experience but didn't do anything for him. That being said, I did enjoy their contemporary though. Do I care about them as a partnership? Not really. And I was glad that they didn't win. Anyway, sorry if anyone is offended by this cut but sorry not sorry, as it needed to be done.

SAVING: RACHEL HUNTER