idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Alex95

2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

12 minutes ago, Ariel1989 said:

Brian Joubert is trash: 

For those who don't know, Didier Gailhaguet is the president of the French Figure Skating Federation and has been accused of protecting sexual predators in the sport.  He was also a key figure in the 2002 Olympics figure skating judges scandal where a French judge alleged that she was pressured by him to vote in favor of the Russian pair skaters over the Canadian pair skaters in a deal with Russia to get the French ice dancers the gold medal.  Despite pressure from French skaters (including 2002 Olympic ice dance champion Gwendal Peizerat), he is refusing to resign which may possibly result in France getting banned or suspended from competitions.  

Wow this sucks

2 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Wow this sucks

Qmta that outside of US figure skaters (and the prominent Japanese ones) I don’t really follow personal lives or opinions of figure skaters. So I had no idea that Brian Joubert, while a talented skater, is apparently garbage!

WOW Going through the French Figure Skating controversies now and I had no idea about Cipres either! (Though at least that info was on his wiki, feel like the English Wiki needs to catch up because there's nothing to lead you to believe that there's a #MeToo moment going on with French Skating in Didier's, Sarah Abitbol's, or other Wikipedia pages)

I also feel like there's probably a lot of Russian stuff that hasn't gotten out yet. Like, Yulia Lipnitskaya had to retire from skating because she developed an eating disorder under Eteri. It all feels very Karolyi. 

Edited by totes4totes

56 minutes ago, Ariel1989 said:

Brian Joubert is trash: 

For those who don't know, Didier Gailhaguet is the president of the French Figure Skating Federation and has been accused of protecting sexual predators in the sport.  He was also a key figure in the 2002 Olympics figure skating judges scandal where a French judge alleged that she was pressured by him to vote in favor of the Russian pair skaters over the Canadian pair skaters in a deal with Russia to get the French ice dancers the gold medal.  Despite pressure from French skaters (including 2002 Olympic ice dance champion Gwendal Peizerat), he is refusing to resign which may possibly result in France getting banned or suspended from competitions.  

I don't really follow Brian outside of Figure Skating but this sucks... And Didier is a douche - Sale & Pelletier remains unbothered ❤️ . Also he should resign because Gabriella & Guillaume, and Vanessa & Morgan deserves better - maybe they can just compete for Canada now since Gabriella & Guillaume trains in Montreal and Vanessa is originally from Canada.  #wishfulthinking 

28 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

WOW Going through the French Figure Skating controversies now and I had no idea about Cipres either! (Though at least that info was on his wiki, feel like the English Wiki needs to catch up because there's nothing to lead you to believe that there's a #MeToo moment going on with French Skating in Didier's, Sarah Abitbol's, or other Wikipedia pages)

I also feel like there's probably a lot of Russian stuff that hasn't gotten out yet. Like, Yulia Lipnitskaya had to retire from skating because she developed an eating disorder under Eteri. It all feels very Karolyi. 

Wait, what about Cipres? 

Time for Vanessa to find a new partner and compete for Canada! 

Edited by *Chris

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

Wait, what about Cipres? 

Time for Vanessa to find a new partner and compete for Canada! 

Cipres is being accused of sexually abusing a 13-year-old girl in the United States who he was unofficially coaching. Not only has the French Federation not prevented him from skating they are actively supporting him. The US Coaches that are alleged to have covered up the allegations and enabled his abuse are still allowed to coach/be present at competitions. US SafeSport needs to like get better and the French Federation needs to be thrown in the garbage.

I really liked Vanessa and hope that she's able to leave him.

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

Cipres is being accused of sexually abusing a 13-year-old girl in the United States who he was unofficially coaching. Not only has the French Federation not prevented him from skating they are actively supporting him. The US Coaches that are alleged to have covered up the allegations and enabled his abuse are still allowed to coach/be present at competitions. US SafeSport needs to like get better and the French Federation needs to be thrown in the garbage.

I really liked Vanessa and hope that she's able to leave him.

Disgusting. 

And same here - somewhat makes sense why they didn't compete much, this year. And why she appeared on a Canadian TV show regarding hockey players learning to figure skate. Also just looked at their wikipedia, and they had WD'd from the Grand Prix. 

Edited by *Chris

4 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I don't really follow Brian outside of Figure Skating but this sucks... And Didier is a douche - Sale & Pelletier remains unbothered ❤️ . Also he should resign because Gabriella & Guillaume deserves better - maybe they can just compete for Canada now since Gabriella & Guillaume trains in Montreal and Vanessa is originally from Canada.  #wishfulthinking 

I feel for Papadakis and Cizeron. It sucks when the president of your federation is a total trash bag. Though I think they'd have to become Canadian citizens to compete for Canada. 

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

Disgusting. 

And same here - somewhat makes sense why they didn't compete much, this year. And why she appeared on a Canadian TV show regarding hockey players learning to figure skate. Also just looked at their wikipedia, and they had WD'd from the Grand Prix. 

I'd also been wondering because her wikipedia tells me nothing (and I like her more than him so I'd only been to her wikipedia, not doing my due diligence!)

Just now, totes4totes said:

I'd also been wondering because her wikipedia tells me nothing (and I like her more than him so I'd only been to her wikipedia, not doing my due diligence!)

I also follow her on Instagram and she literally haven't posted anything about them in forever - last time she posted something with him in the picture was at the end of november. 

Paige VanZant

*picture to be added later.  

Paige VanZant is a mixed-martial artist who came in second place on season 22 of Dancing With the Stars.  Her partner was Mark Ballas except for Weeks 2 and 5 where she danced with Alan Bersten due to Mark’s injury and Sasha Farber as part of Switch-Up Week.  She was a pretty great dancer and is in my personal top 10 contestants based on dance ability.  Her perfect-scoring “Proud Mary” Jive was so iconic that it was replicated by season 25’s deserving winners Jordan Fisher and Lindsay Arnold.  I do feel like some of her dances are overrated here like her Rumba and Finale Salsa.  It’s a shame though that’s Paige is leaving the rankdown so soon but I had to avenge the best male winner and record holder of perfect scores (Jordan), as well as the most talented and underrated triple-threat on the planet today (Nicole).  

Gladys Knight

reg_634.DWTS2.mh.030612.jpg

tenor.gif

It was definitely a tough task for us five wildcards to agree on two contestants for a battle. :dead: Personally speaking, Gladys wasn’t my top choice contestant I was wanting to go  as I preferred her over Florernce Henderson on the show, but oh well it is what it is. I can understand Florence staying for being a well loved and respected TV legend. But considering Gladys is one of the more foddery DWTS contestants remaining, this is a good spot for her to finish off in this rankdown.

Gladys Knight is a legendary soul singer from the Motown era, who is best known for being a solo artist and her group of Gladys Knight & the Pips. Gladys was on Season 14 and partnered with Tristan MacManus. Gladys lasted for 6 weeks and made it  to 8th place on the show. Gladys danced a Cha-Cha to “Best of My Love,” Quickstep to “Sir Duke,” Foxtrot to “Cupid,” Tango to “Bohemian Rhapsody,” Samba to “Fiebre” and Rumba to “My Girl.” Gladys wasn’t as amazing of a dancer as she is a singer - but I do really like her Cha-Cha and she was getting DOWN and doing HER THING! :bobo: Definitely her best dance and my favorite dance of hers, and will link below. 

The rankers saved: Florence Henderson

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Alex95 said:
Twitter randomly talking about Lil Kim on DWTS :dead: :wub: 

Missy is #winning S29! :wub:

Lil Kim being paired with Derek still is such a crazy partnership to me, I can't imagine what his older, more conservative fans were thinking (they'd have lost their minds had it been a few years later) but yet it worked. :haha:

LOL I love how this video came up out of nowhere and omgg it being done to "In My Feelings."" :dead: 

Lil Kim. :wub: Missy commenting! :wub: 

Missy Elliott can’t do DWTS because I don’t want to be arrested for committing murder when she gets HeMo/Tinashe’d.

If we can't have Missy, can we just have uber-ringer Alyson Stoner instead :giggle: I'd love to see for 5 weeks before she gets Heather'd.

What in the screen recording fresh hell

54 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Missy Elliott can’t do DWTS because I don’t want to be arrested for committing murder when she gets HeMo/Tinashe’d.

:dead: 😱

51 minutes ago, *Lily said:

If we can't have Missy, can we just have uber-ringer Alyson Stoner instead :giggle: I'd love to see for 5 weeks before she gets Heather'd.

Alyson Stoner. ❤️ 

Hoda making up stories to stir the pot, I stan :wub: 

13 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Jessica Simpson responded to the whole Nick & Vanessa gift debacle saying that she  never got a gift from them.

https://people.com/music/jessica-simpson-didnt-get-gift-nick-lachey-vanessa-lachey/

I'm :dead:  that it turned into a big enough thing that Jessica had to respond to it. :lmao: 

Vanessa was still petty as f*ck :dead: I don't know if I should stan harder or be embarrassed for her.