2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

By a vote of 6-2...

Nick Viall has won the battle! Nick Lachey has now been eliminated and @*Amanda is responsible for his writeup. I also still need writeups from @*Chris, @Ariel1989, and @1234567890 (Chaka got eliminated ages ago sis :giggle:)

The wildcards can now work on the final battle together @*Diana @rpryor03 @*Wallace @Steven_ @totes4totes.

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I liked Kirstie in S12 but yeah, she's a terrible person.

I liked her on S12 too. Wouldn't have had her place 2nd but with her being the biggest/most well known star, that  was going to help her. 

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Remember how Kirstie did the final series of CBBUK?! God that season is a blur outside of that Roxanne trainwreck.

LOL yikes, I remember that.... that was like the worst CBBUK series I've watched and such a bad series to end that show on. :haha: Although I forgot most of the happenings outside of the Roxanne drama.

SHAWN JOHNSON

source.gif

I absolutely love Shawn; she was one of my favourite on her season. I did not think that she would be the one to be eliminated but I underestimated the love for Laurie on this board - maybe I should have done my original battle, after all. Anyway, Shawn Johnson is known for being a gymnast where she rose to the occasion in 2008. She appeared on the 8th season of DWTS where she was partnered with Mark Ballas - they eventually won by delivering outstanding dances week after week; I absolutely love their Cha Cha Cha to PYT as well as their Argentine Tango, Jive and Paso Doble. Shawn would eventually return to DWTS during its 15th season where she was partnered with Derek because Mark was partnered with Bristol Palin which was a choice. Shawn ended up being partnered with Derek Hough as the judges always have some favoritism for him. As Derek's partner, Shawn stole the spotlight week after week - they were seen as one of the favourite to win. I am not sure but I much preferred Shawn the first time around; I didn't really care that much for some of her routine with Derek beside a few; not to say that they were not good but it was not Shawn & Mark's level that we were used of. In the end, Shawn was the runner-up and unfortunately her time is coming to an end due to me wanting to cause chaos...

Edited by *Chris

Nick Lachey

rs_640x360-171002184359-Dancing_With_the

HOW did we let him slip through the cracks this long? HOW did we allow him to rank above Jordan Fisher, Lindsey Stirling, Nicole Scherzinger, Paige VanZant and Shawn Johnson? Luckily, he's gone now before he can outlast actually amazing dancers. I'm still mad at y'all for resorting to pettiness instead of getting rid of the dozens of fodder contestants STILL in this. (Victoria and Dee excluded obviously, as they went for fodder battles).

Anyway, Nick Lachey appeared on Season 25. And he was miserable the entire time. This is the guy who had gone on record before saying that he'd never do the show. It's very obvious that he only did the show because Vanessa wanted to do it, but they wouldn't take her without Nick. And of course because they were married, the show upped the ante with the "married couple competing against each other" storyline by having them paired with Peta and Maks respectively. :rolleyes: That storyline got old real quick TBH. Besides, the PenaVegas did the married couple storyline 1000x better a few seasons earlier.

Naturally, because he's Drew Lachey's brother, there was handful of us that assumed he'd win the entire season, but it quickly became clear that Nick was no Drew Lachey when it came to dance ability. Yet the judges would continue to give him overly generous scores for trying while nitpicking and underscoring actually good dancers. Never was this more obvious and infuriating than when Nikki Bella's great Viennese Waltz and Nick's mess of a Jazz both scored a 21 for Guilty Pleasures week. He would follow up that 21 with an overly-generous 22 for his Most Memorable Year Contemporary and an overly-generous 22 for his Disney Quickstep - not surprising, because those are two themes where the judges seem to take it easy on the stars and give them 7's and 8's just for showing up.

Luckily, the judges would finally score him appropriately by giving him a 26 out of 40 for his awful Western themed Samba on Movies Night. And fortunately, that would be enough to finally get him eliminated from the season. And let's be honest, he was definitely thrilled about that because he clearly didn't seem to be enjoying the experience. Although I'm sure the producers were mad about that because they definitely planned the celebritiy trios round in hopes that they could get a Lachey brothers dance out of it.

As you can tell, his run and the judges' overly kind treatment of him during the season annoyed me. I'm glad I was able to take him out of this rankdown, even if it was after we lost multiple talented and iconic contestants due to pettiness.

THE RANKERS SAVED: Nick Viall

I posted it in the DWTS General Discussion Thread (which still exists btw 😘) but since nobody reads that thread rn, I'll just bring it over here. Shannen Doherty - who Wally notably says is his least favourite Mark Ballas partner even though Bristol Palin exists - confirmed she's dealing with stage 4 cancer this morning. :(

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I posted it in the DWTS General Discussion Thread (which still exists btw 😘) but since nobody reads that thread rn, I'll just bring it over here. Shannen Doherty - who Wally notably says is his least favourite Mark Ballas partner even though Bristol Palin exists - confirmed she's dealing with stage 4 cancer this morning. :(

that sucks :(

6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Yeah I heard about this earlier today, and that's incredibly sad. :(  And lmaoo you didn't need to bring my mention in there although I stand by that 100%, based on how I felt on them on the show only. 

13 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

you are all lucky that wally is blocking my dream noms 

Lol well you wouldn't ever let me target one of the people I wanted to, so it works both ways. 😛