idolforums.com
Alex95

2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown (Sola's Noms Posted)

Just now, *Chris said:

I did Adam vs. Mirai #oops 

Adam won If I remember correctly?  gross.

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

Correct!

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

how do y’all have such strong feelings over the Athletes season? The only memories I have are Chris Mazdzer taking his shirt off to try and get votes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

how do y’all have such strong feelings over the Athletes season? The only memories I have are Chris Mazdzer taking his shirt off to try and get votes.

And that's the way it should be! 

Just now, *Chris said:

And that's the way it should be! 

I stan someone whose sole strategy to get votes was appeal to the gays. :wub:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Only reason I watched (besides Tonya's redemption).

31 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

The Ally obsession from her haters on this site will forever be cringe but whatever. It's absolutely mindblowing that this sweet young girl (who was still undoubtably one of the best dancers of the season no matter how you felt about her scores) received so much vitriol. She's not problematic, she's not mean, she's not untalented. She just danced well and got some OTT praise from the judges.

Sipping Boba Fett GIF

38 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Except I thought she was one of the worst dancers from that season whose glaring mistakes were completely overlooked by the judges that were constantly nitpicking Hannah and Lauren (who I'm not even a fan of) for the most mundane things. I know it's not Ally's fault, but it also didn't make me want to root for her on the show when the judges were fawning over her all the time.

And then I constantly to deal with some of her fans that magically stopped posting about Ally as soon as the season's games were over, go figure telling me my opinion was wrong because I'd point out said issues and or making personal comment simply because I didn't like her on the show, which really soured her reputation for me. 🙂

Except if you're looking at it objectively only arguably James and Hannah are better dancers than her and saying she's "one of the worst dancers from that season" is just a flatout lie.

Edited by Alex95
  • Like 3

Except if you're looking at it objectively, Hannah, Kel, Lauren, James, Kate and Sailor are all better dancers than her and saying she's "one of the best dancers from that season" is just a flatout lie.

6 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Except if you're looking at it objectively only arguably James and Hannah are better dancers than her and saying she's "one of the worst dancers from that season" is just a flatout lie.

the tea drama GIF by WWE

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Except if you're looking at it objectively, Hannah, Kel, Lauren, James, Kate and Sailor are all better dancers than her and saying she's "one of the best dancers from that season" is just a flatout lie.

Kel's technique is not good I have no idea where you're getting that idea from?! He's an entertainer and I liked him, but he wasn't the strongest technical dancer by any stretch of the imagination. Kate struggled with Latin dances which half the forum brought up on a weekly basis. Lauren's technique was so basic and she skated by on being passable at times. And Sailor was good at best. She was good, but certainly not better than Ally. Meanwhile, Ally would be out of sync for like five seconds of a dance, the judges would frustratingly not bring it up, and then IDF would act like she deserved 6's despite the rest of the dance being flawless.

• Like 2

I know I randomly stan Sailor but she does not deserve to be in that group lmao. She had some good dances and would have improved had she stayed longer but hardly one of the better dancers that season/definitely not better than Ally. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway I know people will have different opinions so that's cool but for me in terms of dance ability that season in groups it would go:

Hannah/Ally/James

Kel/Kate/Lauren/Sailor

Karamo

Mary/Ray

Lamar/Sean

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Anyway I know people will have different opinions so that's cool but for me in terms of dance ability that season in groups it would go:

Hannah/Kel/Ally/James

Kate/Lauren/Sailor

Karamo

Mary/Ray

Lamar/Sean

Based solely on dancing ability, Kel should be in the second tier tbh.

• Like 1

Just now, Alex95 said:

Based solely on dancing ability, Kel should be in the second tier tbh.

Actually yeah I agree with you there. I think I just naturally put him there because he was one of the favorites that season/was a great entertainer but it took him a while to hit his best and even then it wasn't great. He had some real standouts but then so did Kate/Lauren!

Also when it comes to slandering 5H there is way too much time spent on Ally, meanwhile Dinah has just announced a world tour?!?!? and maybe has 2 songs?!?! (which I actually like but they have had no impact and don't really merit a world tour)

• Haha 1

To all my friends that love the International contestants and for whom I introduced Rachel Stevens to the game, these votes better be for Normani. 😊

Just now, Deeee said:

To all my friends that love the International contestants and for whom I introduced Rachel Stevens to the game, these votes better be for Normani. 😊

It would be wrong for me to vote against Normani while having a Normani avi :wub: :haha:

Just now, Elliott said:

Is she playing in living rooms? :unsure:

I was curious to see where she was playing in the UK but London could literally mean anywhere lmao, so vague.

(I'm fine with shading Dinah since I feel like she may have voted Tr**p)

Just now, *Lily said:

(I'm fine with shading Dinah since I feel like she may have voted Tr**p)

I don't need a reason to shade 5H*, but I never shade Dinah because I literally said WHO when you posted that IG post.

*Normani is slaying the game right now, so she's excluded from this narrative and I only nominated her because I wanted to take advantage of my ability to do a 5H dance-off.

9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Is she playing in living rooms? :unsure:

In toronto, she's playing in a basement of a hotel.... 

• Haha 1

Just now, *Chris said:

In toronto, she's playing in a basement of a hotel.... 

Wait is this serious :dead: