2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

Cristian de la Fuente

photo to be added

Theres a few people I wanted to save here and am nervous for but seeing as my #1 is in here I have to of course save her first. Cristian was good on Season 6 and was the first ‘Latin heartthrob’ partner that Cheryl had, of many. Because Cheryl has gone on to be partnered with several more, Cristian has become a little more forgettable as time has gone on. He was also of course in a season which was one of the clearest one-horse races of all of them, making it more difficult to stand out really. My biggest memory of Cristian from the show was actually in the later stages of the competition, where he pulled a muscle in a routine and it looked super painful, but he came back fighting, scoring higher than ever in his final weeks and even rivalling Kristi in points. I did, however, generally prefer Kristi and Jason to him so agreed with his third place finish. I think he’s fair to be cut from this rankdown now, also.

Saving Mya

TINASHE

music video mv GIF

Tinashe was a competitor in the 27th season of Dancing With the Stars and was an early frontrunner. Initially partnered with Brandon Armstrong in his debut season, the pair excelled in the competition every week in their journey to the finale. The first week saw Tinash-slay & Brandon dance a jive to M*ghan Train*r that scored a 23, tying for the highest of the night alongside some dude named DeMarcus. WHOMST? Week 2's NYC night saw Tinash-slay & Brandon receive a 26 for their Tango to New Dorp, New York, which was enough to tie them at first alongside Kings Milo & Juan Pablo. The second evening, LA Night, saw Tinash-slay & Brandon score another 26 for their Cha-Cha-Cha to Circus by The Holy Spearit. She once again tied Juan Pablo & Milo. Funny how the top three of the season tied each other both nights this early in the season, but it was setting up the true fight to the finish this season would have.

For the third week, Tinash-slay earned all 9s with her Rumba to her own song 2 On, which can be streamed on Spotify here. Though she tied Milo & Evanna, her other finale mate, it was Juan Pablo who took top honours this week for an incredible Samba. Ugh, what a legendary Top 4. Tinashe was also put in jeopardy for some bogus reasoning this evening, but it's fine since it clearly motivated her fanbase to vote for her. Week 4 was trio week, which gave us the iconic I'm Too Sexy routine. But this is a write-up on Tinash-slay, and though her and Brandon were stuck with Amy Purdy (WHOMST?), she still earned a solid 26 for her Tango to Pat Benatar.

Disney week was on board, and this was a magical week for Tinash-slay & Brandon. The two of them danced a stunning contemporary routine to When She Loved Me and it brought the tears out in all of us. Though there was no elimination this week for whatever reason, it still goes without saying that Tinash-slay earned a perfect 30 for this week and cemented her status as the frontrunner. Halloween night followed, and Tinash-slay & Brandon continued their slayage with a paso doble to Little Mix's Black Magic. Another 30 followed, making her the first contestant to earn two perfect scores this season. Queen.

Everyone's favourite theme, Country Night, followed. It's weird how B*bby B*nes was eliminated just before Country Night, but what can you do, amirite? Anyway, Tinash-slay & Brandon came out with a powerful routine to Dixie Chicks' Not Ready to Make Nice, earning them... you guessed it, another 30, and giving them their third consecutive one of the season. After a double elimination, Tinash-slay & Brandon obviously advanced to the Top 6 alongside Milo, Evanna, Juan Pablo, Alexis and Joe. Two more perfect 30s followed, tying her with Juan Pablo at the top of the leaderboard with a 60/60, and she easily advanced to the final four with Milo, Evanna and Juan Pablo.

In the finale, Tinash-slay & Brandon chose to reprise her rumba to 2 On because she wants the streaming money. The judges awarded her a 30 for this routine, and then it was time for her freestyle. Her & Brandon did a hip-hop style freestyle to her song Throw a Fit (also on Spotify), earning herself a standing ovation. Though Carrie Ann and Bruno awarded her 10s, Len went on about how he just didn't understand it for whatever reason and awarded her a 9. Funny. Nonetheless, with a score of 59/60, Tinash-slay found herself placing third behind Milo & Juan Pablo after an incredibly solid season-long run.

🙂

SAVE: Heather Morris

• Sad 1

Not surprised Lily would make the same decisions I would have made. :giggle:❤️ 

At least Juan Pablo outlasts Cristian in the Cheryl heartthrob actors category. :haha: 

I actually saw stuff on this current page first, and I was about to come at Elliott for eliminating Tinashe when Alexis was there.... but then I saw Alexis was already eliminated before he made his decision. :lmao: 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

I would've cut Alexis so I could spend the whole write-up thirsting over Alan, but someone got to her before I could. :closedeyes: 

LOL As I said above, I was raging at you cutting Tinashe over Alexis ut then I saw she just got cut beforehand. So now i can't get mad. :lmao: 

Although ironic how you would cut Tinashe and save Heather considering the rivalry they have on here. :haha: And lol Love the post Week 4 journey you gave her too. She really slayed with her journey getting all of those perfect 30s! :wub:  UGH Len  would ruin her flawless Freestyle with that 9. :/ 

7 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Elliott saving Heather over Brandy?!

EIWR0a4XUAAx59h.jpg

OMG I didn't even realize this. 😢 

Blaming Elliott in advance (again) if Brandy goes.

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

For @Deeee @aliasocfan @1234567890:

Helio Castroneves

Mel B

Brandy

Roshon Fegan

Lil Kim

James Maslow

Ooh isn't Amanda cutting this round instead of Deee? I remember Amanda couldn't cut on Victoria's round. :haha: 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

OMG I didn't even realize this. 😢 

Blaming Elliott in advance (again) if Brandy goes.

Ooh isn't Amanda cutting this round instead of Deee? I remember Amanda couldn't cut on Victoria's round. :haha: 

My bad looked at it too quickly, thanks!

Helio Castroneves

indy 500 mind blown GIF by Paddock Insider

I have such a dislike for him. I am not even sure why. Because we are not allowed to have nice things, he somehow  won his season. I guess he was ok throughout most of the competition. It allowed Julianne to continue to make quite the first impression. Meh. I honestly only remember that he smiled a lot. Yay. How lovely. It does not fit with every dance. I am sure if he was female, that would have been brought up. 
Since I am totally an objective person, I should bring up one positive. His quickstep is one of the best from the show. That dance legitimately was fantastic. 

Oh right, he came back for the All Stars season. That happened. 

Saving Mel B

Roshon Fegan

giphy.gif

Surprise, I was going to cut Brandy but I didn't want to do a lengthy write-up so I chose to be nice and cut Roshon Fegan instead. James Maslow is still my save. Roshon Fegan is a celebrity from Season 14 of Dancing with the Stars. He is best known for being a Disney Channel tv actor who appeared on the series Shake it Up with Bella Thorne and Zendaya. He is also supposedly a rapper but I've never heard his music. He was partnered with Chelsie Hightower and placed 6th on this season. He should have made it farther than Melissa Gilbert and possibly more than Maria Menounos. His lowest score was a 23 for the Cha Cha Cha and he was not able to get a perfect score instead getting a high score of 29 for the Foxtrot. And with his cut he got second in this rankdown for his season and somehow Katherine Jenkins wins again. I have no idea who she is and why she makes it so far in this rankdown all the time. Here is another shout-out; Brooke Burke is still in this and International contestants do exist. Victoria out!

Lil Kim

giphy.gif

Brandy vs. Lil Kim as the final cut of the round is a no-brainer for me. Lil' Kim is good, but Brandy is a far superior contestant on the show so I will be cutting Lil Kim. She is a rapper who appeared on season 8 and was partnered with Derek Hough. She was the 4th best dancer of the season after the obvious Shawn, Gilles and Melissa top 3 but wasn't quite at their level. Her best moments on the show were her Argentine Tango which scored 27 points and received the first 10 paddle of the season, her Jive which scored 28 points, her Paso Doble which scored 28 points, and her Salsa which scored 27 points. She was also a part of the great Team Tango dance that season which scored 28 points. Kim was eliminated in the quarter-finals, resulting in her placing 5th overall. She definitely should've outlasted Ty Murray. The fact that she didn't isn't surprising though, given that Ty is the type that general audience likes to push too far into the competition each season. That being said, me cutting her shouldn't be surprising since I nominated her during my round. This is a very good placement for her, though.

SAVING: Brandy