2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

Oh god that post made no sense. I know some of y’all submitted your rankings and then your writeups. If you did that and there are differences from your rankings to your writeups, please let me know because I did not account for those. Otherwise, I’m sticking with whatever you initially sent me.

8 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Oh god that post made no sense. I know some of y’all submitted your rankings and then your writeups. If you did that and there are differences from your rankings to your writeups, please let me know because I did not account for those. Otherwise, I’m sticking with whatever you initially sent me.

You have my official changes, right?😍

13 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Lmao @ Danny and Oti's Foxtrot getting a 30. The judges saw the leash and were like

oCmpvo8.png

8 hours ago, Elliott said:

@Deeee has left the chat.

:dead: 

7 hours ago, Alex95 said:

All the rankings are in and tallied (besides the public). I believe we have our winner 😮 

Curious to who this could be. 😮 I feel like it could be sooo many different people. 😮 

20. Elizabeth Berkley-Lauren

elizabeth-berkley-says-ftr.jpg?w=600

Public - 4/20

Elliott - 8/20

Victoria - 12/20

Anne - 13/20

Sola - 14/20

Chris - 17/20

Stephy - 19/20

Wildcards - 19/20

Dee - 20/20

Amanda - 20/20

Lily - 20/20

ALEX

Lmaooooooo @ her number four public ranking, that's totally because there were only six voters in the public and I ranked her second :wub:. Everyone knows I love my rando faves and underdog stories so obviously I'm an Elizabeth stan! While S17 was obviously the battle of Amber vs. Corbin, everyone was like "Well I guess Elizabeth would make a good 3rd place......" while I was like YASSSSSS ELIZABETH FOR THE WIN :wub: :wub: :wub:. She had spunk to her and a fun personality. I don't think she ever had a bad dance really. And of course her reaction to getting eliminated was hilarious and iconic :dead:. So yeah, she's one of my favorite contestants on the show and I'm glad she placed here! Now I present to you one of my fave dances of the show:

FROGLENZEN

how did this happen

ELLIOTT

A robbed goddess finally getting her spot in the Top 20, bless. ❤️ As we got closer and closer to the final vote, I kept eyeing her name to see just how far we could get her. I was expecting her to be one of the cuts made in the last round, either by Victoria or Dee, so I’m ultimately glad they went with who they did so we could get Elizabeth here.

On DWTS, Elizabeth seemed like an early frontrunner to me. She was able to keep up with whatever Val choreographed for her, and delivered in everything she did. Her elimination in sixth was horrifying, and I legit stopped watching that season out of protest.

My favourite routine of hers is obviously her Saved By the Bell-inspired jive routine to I’m So Excited.

VICTORIA

giphy.gif
Elizabeth Berkley-Lauren over Mario Lopez? You all know you were wrong for that. Mario is the better dancer hands down. BUT YOU GUYS WERE JUST SO EXCITED TO GET JESSIE SPANO INTO THE FINALS. She was my final cut in the first rankdown and she was almost my second final cut for 3.0. I decided to spare her because I figured it was not a good look to do it twice. Elizabeth Berkley-Lauren is a television actress best known for her role as Jessie Spano in Saved by the Bell and of course, Showgirls. Elizabeth was partnered with Valentin Chmerkovskiy. They placed 6th place and Elizabeth was shocked by the elimination. Elizabeth should have definitely last a bit longer but at least she was able to do the Jive to "I'm So Excited" by The Pointer Sisters. Well, not being her best dance it was her most memorable. I did love Elizabeth's passion for the show and she took it seriously. Is Elizabeth deserving of the finals? No, but she made it and she beat Mario "A.C. Slater" Lopez so there's that.

ANNE

I was struggling to remember who I still needed to rank. Then I suddenly remembered Elizabeth. This is probably the sum of how she wormed her way into the top 20. We were too busy taking out fan favorites, we just let her sneak on through. She is someone who never completely lived up to her potential. She was just always in her head a little too much. She competed on Season 17 of the show. Her professional partner was Val. She received two perfect scores during her season. They are for her cha cha and her salsa. I do not care that her Saved by the Bell had obvious mistakes in it, it deserved a perfect score! Iconic! Amazing! Inspired!

SOLA

She was a Val partner.  Elizabeth had two perfect scores (a Cha Cha Cha and a trio Salsa).  She does absolutely nothing for me and is out of her depth amongst this packed line up.  Therefore, I am going to leave it at that.

CHRIS

source.gif
Her presence in this Top 20 is surprising as I did not think that she is Top 20 material, but yet I do not rank her at #20 because I am doing strategic placement. Anyway, I don't recall much from her time on Dancing With The Stars - I know that she talked about "Showgirls" at different occasions, like we mentioned earlier as it was used as her "emotional" storyline.  And now looking at her dances summary, it seems like she was an excellent dancer & that her Cha-Cha-Cha was her best score in the competition. She finished in 6th place, and I doubt that she will be getting a similar placement in the final ranking. 

STEPHY

I am not a big fan of Elizabeth, however her Jive was my favourite dance of hers. She really didn’t have a storyline, but her dancing was okay, however, due to the fact she had dance experience ages go, hindered her. Despite what everyone says, I felt she left at the right time and I think the people who outlasted her were bigger names during the season, which is why they outlasted her. I also felt like Val wasn’t really in it this season, due to the fact that he had Zendaya the season before, which is why some of her dances weren’t that creative.

WALLY

Congrats to the Elizabeth fans getting her into this Top 20. I’m sure it’s no surprise but I really was not wanting her to make it to the finals. I was bummed to let Kel go over her but….. the decision was really at a standstill. Now don’t get me wrong, I do really like her and think she’s a solid dancer/contestant, but I just really like and love many more contestants over her. And she’s not my underdog contestant I was wanting to sneak into the finals. Also for Season 17, I was really all about Amber, Corbin and Christina, all of whom who missed out - which is a bummer but oh well. Elizabeth will get my easy #20 spot. My favorite dances from her would be her: Samba, Argentine Tango, Cha-Cha, Viennese Waltz (despite dancing to a Lana Del Rey song) and Salsa trio (with Gleb). Her I’m So Excited Jive was iconic in its Saved by the Bell flashback of course, even though I didn’t think that was one of her strongest dance-wise.

DEE

source.gif

Honestly...really...truly...

Elizabeth Berkley-Lauren.

DWTS Rankdown 3.0 Finalist. 

giphy.gif

Some of you cannot be trusted to make positive, logical, or sensible choices in these games. I struggled immensely when deciding whether to cut Nyle or Elizabeth during the final round. My gut told me that if I did not cut Elizabeth, nobody else would. But my heart said cut Nyle because he does not deserve to make the finals. I held out on the hope that somebody would do what needed to be done. Unfortunately, none of you are to be trusted to do what is right. Though most of the final cuts were solid, there were some that should have been avoided. Imagine cutting the legend that is Simone Biles instead of Elizabeth Berkley-Lauren? Imagine cutting Mario Lopez instead of Elizabeth Berkley-Lauren?

Jessie Spano >>>>> A.C. Slater though. 

Anyways. Elizabeth earns the glorious 20th rank because she...should not be here? This does not mean she was a bad contestant. Just not an iconic one, and she is way too overrated by Elliott & Alex & Lily some of you. Elizabeth was part of the Season 17 cast, and she was partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy. 

Elizabeth came on to the show with a...manic energy. LOL. As nicely as I can put this, Elizabeth seemed cracked out the entire time on the show. The manic energy was fun though! Even if she seemed a bit off from time to time, Elizabeth really did dance extremely well. Her early elimination just cemented how whack the voters were that season. Christina Milian, Snooki, Brant Daugherty, and Elizabeth all deserved better!

At least Elizabeth left the show with two perfect scores to her name and the third highest final average of the season - 26.5! Her lowest score in the competition was a 24 that she received on Week One for her Contemporary. The rest of the season, Elizabeth kind of slayed.

Elizabeth scored a 25 for her Samba the following week, which was extremely good and the second highest scoring routine of the night. She received another 25 for her Foxtrot on Hollywood week. Another solid routine. One of her best routine was the Argentine Tango that she danced Week Four, earning the score of 27 and tying for highest score of the night. Most Memorable Year Night saw her dance a Jive and receive a 26 for this routine. Another solid dance from her honestly. She seemed like the right choice for the third finalist, especially considering the shocking elimination of Christina Milian.

On Switch-Up Challenge Night, Elizabeth earned the first of her two perfect scores for her Cha-Cha. Super sexy. Super great. A well deserved perfect score. However, she placed third in the Switch-Up Challenge, which tied her for the highest score of the week once again. Team Dance Night was another solid week for Elizabeth in the competition. She earned a 27 for her pretty good Quickstep. Except she was unfortunately part of Team Spooky BomBom instead of Team FoxingAwesome, so she earned another 27 for the inferior team dance.

Cher Week was definitely her weakest performance of the competition, and most likely what slowed down her impressive roll in the competition and ultimately sent her packing. Elizabeth danced a Jazz routine that earned the second lowest score of the night (25), and she lost the Dance-Off to Corbin. Without a results show this season, that means her lower scores and weaker performance this week would land her in danger the following week.

Trio Challenge Night would be her last in the competition. Elizabeth earned a 26 for her first routine - Viennese Waltz. She would earn her second perfect score of the competition for her final routine of the night - Trio Salsa. Flawless routine honestly. She would be the third shocking elimination of the season though, and was unjustly sent home before Leah Remini, Bill Engvall, and Jack Osbourne.

This elimination was really tough to watch, even if she was constantly playing third fiddle to Corbin and Amber this season. She put in the work and deserved a spot in the finals. Without a doubt.

Is Elizabeth as bad as I'm making her out to be? Of course not, I really do like her. But I just do not think she deserves to be in the finals competing against some of these legends. At least DWTS provided her the opportunity to redeem herself after being locked out of Hollywood for acting in Showgirls

AMANDA

giphy.gif

Congrats to her on randomly making Top 20, but this is an easy decision for 20th place for me. I'm still sad that Victoria changed from cutting her to cutting Erin in the last minute, as Erin is genuinely one of my favorites. Elizabeth's time on season 17 was really good. She became a casualty of a messy elimination order, but delivered some really good routines. Her obvious standouts are her flawless Cha-Cha that earned the first perfect score of the season and her amazing Salsa trio that also earned her a perfect score. She also had a memorable Jive where she created the iconic "I'm so excited...I'm so scared" moment from Saved By the Bell. Overall, Elizabeth is good but definitely the weakest link in the Top 20.

LILY

I initially had Elizabeth placing around top 15, but having put thought into it after, this top 20 is just SO strong, that making it this far was a big enough accomplishment for Elizabeth. I'm not too phased where she places at this point, she's made it here with the greats. A #20 placement would reasonably be more than fair for her here, and while I'd like her to pull off an iconic random victory, I don't think I can completely justify placing her above some of the all-time greats.

Elizabeth appeared on Season 17 where she danced with Val. She came in with confidence issues that stemmed from appearing in Showgirls and having setbacks in her acting career. But she was instantly a natural on the dancefloor. I remember loving her Week 2 Samba especially - it was so technically sharp yet also, fun and engaging. Elizabeth knew how to work the stage and her showmanship was off the charts. She of course had one of the most iconic Most Memorable Year moments when recreating her "I'm So Excited" Saved by the Bell moment for her Jive - full with cheesy intro. Elizabeth was especially strong in Latin, her perfect scoring Cha-Cha and Salsa numbers were just SO good. She also had forgotten, iconic moments outside of her dances - her staring session with Val in one of their packages? Her full-on speech to a totally confused Cher that time she guest judged? And of course, her raging reaction to being voted off. Can we blame her? Elizabeth was SO. ROBBED. That mid-point of Season 17, losing Christina, Snooki, Brant and Elizabeth back-to-back, while Bill and Leah (who I love, but come on) stuck around, was a frustrating period. Elizabeth deserved the finals.

So as a combo of her run on the show, and her strong competition, I would love to justify a higher placement for Elizabeth but since we all made such a packed top 20, I'm gonna be fair on this one. Making it this far is amazing enough for Elizabeth and I look forward to seeing how she does.

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

Dee, you can not shame everyone for not cutting her when you didn't as well. :dead:🦛 She was my final cut in the first DWTS Rankdown so obviously I have more logic than you, sweet cheeks. 👩‍⚖️

I mean Dee explained in his writeup why he cut Nyle instead of her!