Top 10 YouTube Score Ranking

dirActing

UPDATED S17 Top 10 YouTube Score Ranking (UPDATED 9:30 am, pacific, Monday 12/03/19)

Scoring: The score is derived by turning the likes to dislikes ratio for each performance into a percentage. The premise is that when viewers/listeners click like or dislike, it's akin to casting a vote. I reckon it'll be interesting to see how this correlates to the actual official vote. These scores were taken at approximately 11:00 pm (Pacific), 12/02/19. I'll update them again and reassess the ranking at approximately 9:30 am (Pacific), 12/03/19. Note that scores are most in flux during the first 24 hours or so of respective videos being posted, but after that they do tend to stabilize (the larger the sample size, the better). The videos most recently posted will be the most volatile in terms of scoring. Videos with lower scores tend to experience more flux compared to those at the higher end.

Margin of Error: The main purpose of this score is to measure YouTube viewers' collective assessment of artists' performance videos. The main focus is on the performative. Since, however, viewers do not vote solely on a performance assessment of an artist, which in and of itself is subjective, the score isn't reliable as a predictive indicator. To make the score more useful predictively, a margin of error of +/- 3.1% has been assessed, based on results from Top 13 week.

1. Rose Short "God's Country" 97.91% (4,254|91//127,777)

2. Ricky Duran "Born Under a Bad Sign" 97.69% (1.694|40//43,307)

3. Marybeth Byrd "Lose You to Love Me" 96.52% (3,380|122//75,820)

4. Katie Kadan "Rolling in the Deep" 96.43% (5,646|209//151.912)

--------------------------------------------------------

5. Kat Hammock "Still the One" 94.87% (2,847|154//76,528)

6. Jake Hoot "That Ain't My Truck" 94.73% (1,186|66//41,468)

7. Will Breman "My Body" 92.70% (1,867|147//56,390)

8. Joana Martinez "Impossible" 92.32% (1,525|127//53,711)

9. Hello Sunday "Stone Cold" 86.56% (2,802|435//88,877)

10. Shane Q "Carribean Queen" 52.85% (500|446//29,353)

UPDATED Notes (12/03/19): Two changes in the rankings overnight, both resulting in minor surprises and two shuffles among the Top 6. At the very top, as expected, Rose and Ricky held on to the top 2 positions, but Ricky rose by about 0.4% to close the gap on Rose to a mere 0.22%. Both Rose and Katie made modest gains of around 0.2% each. The biggest riser among the Top 4 was Marybeth, with a 0.64% rally that in a bit of surprise, knocks Katie down a spot. So despite another lauded performance, Katie Kadan actually drops out of the Top 3 for the first time since the start of Top 20 week.

Just below the Top 4, Kat Hammock rallied a tad over 1% (commendable) to leapfrog Jake Hoot into 5th spot. The 6th spot marks Jake's lowest position in the scoring since we entered Top 20 week, another bit of a surprise. In another sort of surprise, Jake's score was the only one in the Top 10 to drop overnight, by 0.14%. The rise in score and positions for both Marybeth and Kat suggest to me that their fans have been rallying on their behalf. Whether this translates to the actual vote, we shall see. As noted, fans don't only vote for quality of performance or the lack thereof. A plethora of biases cloud the equation. Elsewhere, closer to the dreaded danger zone, Will Breman appreciated about 0.44% to hold on to his spot just outside the bottom 3. This rally, however, was less than expected and significantly less of a gain from the BlueCrew compared to previous weeks. So despite what I thought was his best performance in weeks, and the pimp spot (or perhaps because of both = possible complacency among casual-leaning voters = case exhibit: Myracle Holloway), Will remains in trouble this week. Just below him, Joana Martinez rallied 0.7% to close the gap with Will to a mere 0.38%. These are razor thin margins. I personally felt both Will's and Joana's performances last night deserve slightly higher scores (though these are respectable, if unremarkable), but I guess consensus disagrees, thus placing them very much in danger.

Also as expected, the bottom 2 remain locked-in. Hello Sunday made virtually no gains (+0.03%) overnight, which may suggest soft support for their brave but flawed performance last night. Still, I would hesitate ruling out a sweet escape for the duo, as they remain within the margin of error, albeit just barely. In any case, they would be a fair bet to win the IS, should they be in that position. At rock bottom, Shane delivered the biggest rally of the night, a whopping 4.11%. His now score of 52.85% remains the lowest of the season, Top 20-on. The silver lining here for Shane is he does now have more likes than dislikes, and he cracked 50%, which in real life would represent a passing grade! So, tender mercies I suppose. Tonight's results should be interesting.

Original Notes (12/02/19): There's slightly less than 2% separating positions 1-4, and just 1% separating the Top 4 scores from the best of the rest of the pack, but the Top 2 positions seem fairly secure. A mere 0.64% separates #7 from the best of the Bottom 3 (8-10), and based on current scores, it appears likely Hello Sunday and Shane Q should remain the bottom 2 overnight, with Shane Q locked-in at #10 with a dismal 48.74% (this as it stands is the lowest score of the season since Top 20 week).

For comparison's sake, the top YouTube score out of all performances (blinds to present) by contestants who made the Top 20 is 99.09% (Rose Short "Big White Room" - Knockout round performance). The previous lowest score is 62.79% for Cali Wilson's Top 20 performance of "Toxic" (now likely to be surpassed by Shane Q).

Last week's scores

S17 Top 10 YouTube Score Ranking (Posted 11:00 pm, pacific, Monday 12/02/19)

Scoring: The score is derived by turning the likes to dislikes ratio for each performance into a percentage. The premise is that when viewers/listeners click like or dislike, it's akin to casting a vote. I reckon it'll be interesting to see how this correlates to the actual official vote. These scores were taken at approximately 11:00 pm (Pacific), 12/02/19. I'll update them again and reassess the ranking at approximately 10 am (Pacific), 12/03/19. Note that scores are most in flux during the first 24 hours or so of respective videos being posted, but after that they do tend to stabilize (the larger the sample size, the better). The videos most recently posted will be the most volatile in terms of scoring. Videos with lower scores tend to experience more flux compared to those at the higher end.

Margin of Error: The main purpose of this score is to measure YouTube viewers' collective assessment of artists' performance videos. The main focus is on the performative. Since, however, viewers do not vote solely on a performance assessment of an artist, which in and of itself is subjective, the score isn't reliable as a predictive indicator. To make the score more useful predictively, a margin of error of +/- 3.1% has been assessed, based on results from Top 13 week.

1. Rose Short "God's Country" 97.74% (2,551|59//26,987)

2. Ricky Duran "Born Under a Bad Sign" 97.29% (912|26//6,566)

3. Katie Kadan "Rolling in the Deep" 96.21% (2,869|113//23.840)

4. Marybeth Byrd "Lose You to Love Me" 95.88% (1,978|85//22,157)

5. Jake Hoot "That Ain't My Truck" 94.87% (721|39//10,319)

6. Kat Hammock "Still the One" 93.86% (1,819|119//24,289)

7. Will Breman "My Body" 92.26% (1001|84//8,672)

8. Joana Martinez "Impossible" 91.62% (875|80//13,066)

9. Hello Sunday "Stone Cold" 86.53% (1,477|230//15,363)

10. Shane Q "Carribean Queen" 48.74% (310|326//9,015)

Notes: There's slightly less than 2% separating positions 1-4, and just 1% separating the Top 4 scores from the best of the rest of the pack, but the Top 2 positions seem fairly secure. A mere 0.64% separates #7 from the best of the Bottom 3 (8-10), and based on current scores, it appears likely Hello Sunday and Shane Q should remain the bottom 2 overnight, with Shane Q locked-in at #10 with a dismal 48.74% (this as it stands is the lowest score of the season since Top 20 week).

For comparison's sake, the top YouTube score out of all performances (blinds to present) by contestants who made the Top 20 is 99.09% (Rose Short "Big White Room" - Knockout round performance). The previous lowest score is 62.79% for Cali Wilson's Top 20 performance of "Toxic" (now likely to be surpassed by Shane Q).

Last week's scores

Edited by dirActing

Shane got more dislikes than likes :dead:

Yeah :( I never like to see that though. Even though he wasn't all that good of a vocalist, compounded by his nerves and unfathomable love for the very top of his upper register, he did come off as a nice guy. So it's sad. And embarrassing for him. I guess some people think it's fun to vote for the worse or whatnot (which is their right of course), but it's kinda cruel for those on the receiving end of it. Part of this might by backlash from fans of the show for Myracle's ouster, even though the outcome wasn't within Shane's control. I hope he doesn't look at his YouTube clip, especially the score and comments. I'd imagine it'd be sort of soul crushing.

I hope he doesn't look at his YouTube clip, especially the score and comments. I'd imagine it'd be sort of soul crushing.

Sadly he did see his YT clip, I saw him replying to some hate comments on his last week performance. One comment was about how Max was eliminated instead him, and he replied that he couldn't do anything about it because it was just the votes.

UPDATED S17 Top 10 YouTube Score Ranking (UPDATED 9:30 am, pacific, Monday 12/03/19)

Scoring: The score is derived by turning the likes to dislikes ratio for each performance into a percentage. The premise is that when viewers/listeners click like or dislike, it's akin to casting a vote. I reckon it'll be interesting to see how this correlates to the actual official vote. These scores were taken at approximately 11:00 pm (Pacific), 12/02/19. I'll update them again and reassess the ranking at approximately 9:30 am (Pacific), 12/03/19. Note that scores are most in flux during the first 24 hours or so of respective videos being posted, but after that they do tend to stabilize (the larger the sample size, the better). The videos most recently posted will be the most volatile in terms of scoring. Videos with lower scores tend to experience more flux compared to those at the higher end.

1. Rose Short "God's Country" 97.91% (4,254|91//127,777)

2. Ricky Duran "Born Under a Bad Sign" 97.69% (1.694|40//43,307)

3. Marybeth Byrd "Lose You to Love Me" 96.52% (3,380|122//75,820)

4. Katie Kadan "Rolling in the Deep" 96.43% (5,646|209//151.912)

5. Kat Hammock "Still the One" 94.87% (2,847|154//76,528)

6. Jake Hoot "That Ain't My Truck" 94.73% (1,186|66//41,468)

7. Will Breman "My Body" 92.70% (1,867|147//56,390)

8. Joana Martinez "Impossible" 92.32% (1,525|127//53,711)

9. Hello Sunday "Stone Cold" 86.56% (2,802|435//88,877)

10. Shane Q "Carribean Queen" 52.85% (500|446//29,353)

UPDATED Notes (12/03/19): Two changes in the rankings overnight, both resulting in minor surprises and two shuffles among the Top 6. At the very top, as expected, Rose and Ricky held on to the top 2 positions, but Ricky rose by about 0.4% to close the gap on Rose to a mere 0.22%. Both Rose and Katie made modest gains of around 0.2% each. The biggest riser among the Top 4 was Marybeth, with a 0.64% rally that in a bit of surprise, knocks Katie down a spot. So despite another lauded performance, Katie Kadan actually drops out of the Top 3 for the first time since the start of Top 20 week.

Just below the Top 4, Kat Hammock rallied a tad over 1% (commendable) to leapfrog Jake Hoot into 5th spot. The 6th spot marks Jake's lowest position in the scoring since we entered Top 20 week, another bit of a surprise. In another sort of surprise, Jake's score was the only one in the Top 10 to drop overnight, by 0.14%. The rise in score and positions for both Marybeth and Kat suggest to me that their fans have been rallying on their behalf. Whether this translates to the actual vote, we shall see. As noted, fans don't only vote for quality of performance or the lack thereof. A plethora of biases cloud the equation. Elsewhere, closer to the dreaded danger zone, Will Breman appreciated about 0.44% to hold on to his spot just outside the bottom 3. This rally, however, was less than expected and significantly less of a gain from the BlueCrew compared to previous weeks. So despite what I thought was his best performance in weeks, and the pimp spot (or perhaps because of both = possible complacency among casual-leaning voters = case exhibit: Myracle Holloway), Will remains in trouble this week. Just below him, Joana Martinez rallied 0.7% to close the gap with Will to a mere 0.38%. These are razor thin margins. I personally felt both Will's and Joana's performances last night deserve slightly higher scores (though these are respectable, if unremarkable), but I guess consensus disagrees, thus placing them very much in danger.

Also as expected, the bottom 2 remain locked-in. Hello Sunday made virtually no gains (+0.03%) overnight, which may suggest soft support for their brave but flawed performance last night. Still, I would hesitate ruling out a sweet escape for the duo, as they remain within the margin of error, albeit just barely. In any case, they would be a fair bet to win the IS, should they be in that position. At rock bottom, Shane delivered the biggest rally of the night, a whopping 4.11%. His now score of 52.85% remains the lowest of the season, Top 20-on. The silver lining here for Shane is he does now have more likes than dislikes, and he cracked 50%, which in real life would represent a passing grade! So, tender mercies I suppose. Tonight's results should be interesting.

Original Notes (12/02/19): There's slightly less than 2% separating positions 1-4, and just 1% separating the Top 4 scores from the best of the rest of the pack, but the Top 2 positions seem fairly secure. A mere 0.64% separates #7 from the best of the Bottom 3 (8-10), and based on current scores, it appears likely Hello Sunday and Shane Q should remain the bottom 2 overnight, with Shane Q locked-in at #10 with a dismal 48.74% (this as it stands is the lowest score of the season since Top 20 week).

Last week's scores

Edited by dirActing