idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
psterina

Siobhan Magnus

I was lucky to see the S9 American Idol Tour, as well. I saw it in Phoenix. Siobhan blew the roof off the place. They all actually did really well. Wonderful concert.

Here's a fan made video (Siobhan has a lot of very creative fans), where he spliced Siobhan singing Stockholm Syndrome, and MUSE, performing Stockholm Syndrome, into the same video. It's an amazing video, and one of the things, that I love about it, is that he put her ending scream (which happens to be my ultimate favorite scream EVER), into the video twice

Edited by psterina

O M G !!!!   🥰   Siobhan  & Dan  got engaged.  It looks like they're in the southwest. 

I have an impossible time, trying to pick, which of Siobhan's performances is my favorite.  So many to choose from. With that said …. this one, is on my top 3

This song (Someday), was written for her. It was part of the play "The Reluctant Dragon"  Her range, and the different ways, she uses her voice in this …  is amazing. I also heard, that she got quite the standing ovation. The applause, goes on & on. Here's why  

Edited by psterina

During the American idol  S9 Top 10 Girls episode, Siobhan made jaws drop with her version of "Think" .  Utter Slayage!

Fri & Sat Feb 28th & 29th, at The Regent Theatre …. The URO, celebrate the music of Queen.   I'm hoping that there will be footage!! 🥰

:thumbsup:   

Yay!  Here's footage of last weekend's performance.  Siobhan slays.  The audience whoops & hollers, at the awesomeness,  in the middle of her performance, and a standing O. Enuff said !!

Somebody To Love

Radio Gaga

Who is turning 30 today?  A huge Happy Birthday, to Siobhan!!!!!  :gift:   :cake:

And … a Huge Happy Birthday, to her sister Azora, who had a birthday Yesterday.  She looks so much, like Siobhan

Truly, Siobhan has had one of the most interesting, varied music careers, of the Idol Contestants. This is one more example. This is from a game, called "The End Is Nigh".  Siobhan did the lyrics, Ridiculon, did the music (they did all of the music, for the different game songs). Siobhan also did all the fantastic harmony parts 

I tried finding the original video, of "The End Is Nigh Bonus Bonus", but I can't find it. Anyway, I found this one, and … we get to see the lyrics. Warning :P   they are kind of dark, but … it had to do with the game, and how things turn out.  The music, is hauntingly beautiful, as well as the melody

Only Siobhan , yes only Siobhan, being a female  …. would sing "Love Gun", by KISS   :P

And sang it, she did!!!!  Her range on this is  ….. insane.  :omg:  This was from her concert @ the Cape Cod Melody Tent, from 2012. 

I'm posting 2 videos, from 2 different angles, same performance

URO had a ZOOM chat, and I had no idea, until I found THIS

AND … the postponed shows, with Ted Neeley, Yvonne Elliman & URO, has been rescheduled, to 8/21/20 & 8/22/20

It's fun to find unexpected things regarding Siobhan. I can always count on @siofanscom, for finding them (so once again, many thanks).

It's called "Sunday Morning Quarantine Breakfast in Bed"

If you can't locate it on Spotify, here's a live version, from 2016

Posted (edited)

When Siobhan wanted to sing this next song, on American Idol, she was advised against it, because "people might think she's a satanist".  So … she sang "Across The Universe" instead. And, while I LOVE her version of Across The Universe, and I will post it at some point  ……….

Here's a riveting performance of "Helter Skelter", from 2011, with the URO, years before she became a permanent member.

Edited by psterina

Posted (edited)

I really wish that Siobhan would release some new music of originals. She is a really good songwriter, and I love her "Moonbaby" CD. It was co-written with Mike  Flanders & Mitzi Dawn, from Nashville. Here is "Black Doll", which was written in honor of Ed Gory. And … He had an unproduced play named "The Black Doll"

As one commenter on the video said "nice catchy song. A little bit of country rock , dipped in darkness" I personally, have never thought about it as country rock, but yes … there are hints of it, here

Edited by psterina

1 hour ago, psterina said:

I really wish that Siobhan would release some new music of originals. She is a really good songwriter, and I love her "Moonbaby" CD. It was co-written with Mike & Chaise Flanders, from Nashville. Here is "Black Doll", which was written in honor of Ed Gory. He had an unproduced play named "The Black Doll"

As one commenter on the video said "nice catchy song. A little bit of country, dipped in darkness" I personally, have never thought about it as country, but yes … there are hints of it, here

have always loved this song/video!

Cinco de Mayo, flew right by, but … I found this today on @siofanscom

It's from  May 2015, when Siobhan & Elcodrive (the 2nd line-up), performed a Rocking version of Rhianna's "Umbrella" at a Cinco de Mayo benefit show for the Latham's Center. 

From Hard Rock, to Ballads, 90's Rock, to Movie Themes, to Big Band Swing ….  Yes. Big Band Swing. One of my favorite genres. Here is Siobhan, singing "I Know Why And So Do You"

with the Bean Town Swing Orchestra, from a performance in 2014. The tone of her vocals …. exquisite  (quite different from the rocking vocals on Ball & Chain or Stockholm Syndrome)

Her versatility, is amazing. Siobhan slays, in so many genres. Today,  I'll post 2 videos from August of 2011, at the Summerwind PAC, in Windsor, CT

She's wearing 2 different outfits, but … it's the same show, and both songs are from Led Zeppelin. 1st video is Misty Mountain Hop (which wasn't accessible for a couple of years, due to copyright issues), and the URO, is the band performing, with her.

and the 2nd video is a very heartfelt rendition of All Of My Love

The 1st glimpse, of the potential of Siobhan's vocal prowess. Jaws were dropped

New shows coming up. And … we'll keep the fingers crossed  🤞, that they're able to happen 

1st ..  The Cape Cod Symphony  with guests  Siobhan Magnus, Likisha Jones and Siren Mayhew. Here's details

https://www.capesymphony.org/tickets/2020-21-season/430-back-by-popular-demand

then .. on Aug 7 , at the NARA Amphitheater, URO will be performing the Greatest Covers of Queen + More  from  8:00pm - 10:00pm

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ultrasonic-rock-orchestra-performing-the-greatest-covers-of-queen-more-tickets-109869458508 

Posted (edited)

Who knew?  Not I. But, apparently … Siobhan had done the lead vocal for yet another,  of Ridiculon's  games  (I previously had posted "The End Is Nigh", in which she wrote the lyrics, and did back up vocals). Her voice sounds perfect, for this.  :yes:

Edited by psterina

Going back to May of 2011, here is Siobhan, at the Mohegan Sun, performing Maria (by Blondie). I just love her voice, on this and let's not forget .... family cheer  :P