The Voice Fans Still Say the Darndest Things... (2.0)

14 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

If anything, i would believe more if you say me that she is the "rock" coach in the panel and Nick is the "pop" one

Fair enough, I can live with that. Either Kelly or Nick has to be the "rock" coach since it obviously can't be either John or Blake lol 😂

• Like 1
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://twitter.com/HargiHero/status/1333603385530978304?s=20   So it's all Marisa Corvo  fault    I know it's ridiculous that why I posted it here 

Found this on Kat Hammock vs Josie Jones´ battle.   "it's like choosing between honey and maple syrup.. such a sweet voices. what a diabetic performance."   Diabetic as a compliment,

Now that a certain conventionally attractive opera singer is gone, it appears there's a new thirst trap in town: Sid Kingsley. I found this gem in the comments of his playoffs performance:

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Nowadays, it's non-existent, but they used to have a rock-ier sound in their early days.

Yeah, this is pop-rock. This is rockier than anything Nick has ever done.

• Like 1

That being said, Kelly has them both beat. This is still pop rock, but rockier than Maroon 5.  Actually Todd Michael Hall , a full on rocker, said his first choice of a coach was Kelly.

If we´re throwing Blake into the mix, this is the only rock song I´ve seen him cover, and he does put some grit into it.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

That being said, Kelly has them both beat. This is still pop rock, but rockier than Maroon 5.  Actually Todd Michael Hall , a full on rocker, said his first choice of a coach was Kelly.

If we´re throwing Blake into the mix, this is the only rock song I´ve seen him cover, and he does put some grit into it.

So basically, everyone has more rock cred than Nick does 🤣

• Haha 7
1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

So basically, everyone has more rock cred than Nick does 🤣

Yep , pretty much lol. And I initally only considered Nick pop rock due to the comparisons made with Adam, since I´m not really familiar with his music. But now that I´ve seen it, he´s definitely not rock at all.

Hell, if you want to throw John Legend in there, he covered "Dancing in the Dark" by Bruce Sprigsteen, a rock song lol.

2 hours ago, disney1024 said:

Fair enough, I can live with that. Either Kelly or Nick has to be the "rock" coach since it obviously can't be either John or Blake lol 😂

Let's agree that Kelly is the rock coach and Nick is the pop coach lol 😂

3 minutes ago, B-B said:

Kelly is the pop coach when Gwen’s around and the rock coach when Nick’s around 😅

And ironically, the rockers have all been choosing Blake this past seasons lol. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

Bad move Miley 🙄🤦🏾‍♂️

I love Miley and I would love for her to come back on the show (Kelly + Miley = RIP Blake 😵) but this decision still baffles me 4 years later lol 😂

17 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I blame myself for bringing up the genres that each coach represents and @B-B for inciting a long discussion lol 😂

Imagine blaming someone for stating a fact. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Imagine blaming someone for stating a fact. :unsure:

That fact incited a long discussion lol 😂

BTW, are we seriously now going to have a long discussion about who's to blame? 😜

I feel like Kelly is the new crossover coach. She can get ANY genre...even country (and it’s even easier when Blake doesn’t turn or if he’s blocked). She’s kinda like a country coach (Jake, Kenzie, Tanner, Kaleb) too and she’s great at coaching singer songwriters (Brynn, Cami, Megan) and AA Divas (Kymberyli, Desz)

• Like 2
5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I remember some guy somewhere saying Tate Brusa was wildly creative and that he would be the best singer in his season when he matures.

I like Tate but even I find this to be WAY over the top lol 😂

1 hour ago, disney1024 said:

I like Tate but even I find this to be WAY over the top lol 😂

His audition is the most viewed audition on YT that hasn't been taken down yet :wacko:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Daillon said:

Based on the mess of the spoiler thread I wouldn’t be opposed to an IDF members verdion of this thread :giggle:

I’ll be a frequent mention. 

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I remember some guy somewhere saying Tate Brusa was wildly creative and that he would be the best singer in his season when he matures.

It was someone at Mjsblog. He has a very eclectic taste, and is very picky, but usually gives some good comments regarding the artists in the Live blogs of the episodes there. He focuses on the musiciality of the contestants and hates karaoke performances. That´s why he saw potential in Tate, because he plays by ear, and tried to make "The Scientist" his own. I think his favorite artist ever on the show is Noah Mac. He also loved Carter Rubin and Desz from last season. He was crazy about Rose Short too.

Overall, his comments can vary from very interesting and well spoken feedback to straight out biased nonsense. He despises country, so pretty much almost every country artist is bound to get hate from him, and he has been much harder on them than IDF has.

• Like 1

Found these under Gyth's God Bless The USA performance on TWITTER.

"I've lost all respect for @kelly_clarkson & @johnlegend when they made fun of the beautiful, most Patriotic song, showing the love of country that @GythRigdon sang beautifully. I had 4 Veterans here that heard them say those things & R shocked #TheVoice allowed them 2.”

“I know it was hard to sing a Patriotic song in one of the most unpatriotic places in America, but you did it great. Kelly and John are haters. Go Gyth!!”

“John Legend hates America, that's a fact. Not sure where Kelly stands. Think they are just scared that Gyth was amazing and Blake is blowing them away! God Bless the USA!”

• Haha 8