The Voice Fans Still Say the Darndest Things... (2.0)

Bouli

15 hours ago, Teraginn said:

In my country, there's a particular genre of indie music that I like to call "sawi" indie (roughly translates to "brokenhearted"), and it's sad weepy songs all about heartbreak and unrequited love, and it is far and away the most popular genre here, besides K-Pop.

People like to revel and wallow in sadness sometimes, and listening to sad music is a healthy way of doing that for a lot of people.

Moira immediately comes to mind, lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Teraginn said:

In my country, there's a particular genre of indie music that I like to call "sawi" indie (roughly translates to "brokenhearted"), and it's sad weepy songs all about heartbreak and unrequited love, and it is far and away the most popular genre here, besides K-Pop.

People like to revel and wallow in sadness sometimes, and listening to sad music is a healthy way of doing that for a lot of people.

Never thought about it like that, but I think you're right lol. The teens especially love their soft melodramatic heartbreak songs 🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Moira immediately comes to mind, lol

She is the patron saint of the sawi singer/songwriters.

And funnily enough, she also happens to be a Voice alumni. Small world.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Under Cam's KO,

"This wasn't a Knockout, this was a slaughter.. Flawless kill".

I don’t really think this fits in this thread

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

The amount of people that were "simping" for Corey during his live with Jose is........ troubling. 🤣

RIGHT?! 🤣 The funniest comment for me was this lady saying “My last name is already Ward... I made our job easier” 🤡🤡🤡 

• Haha 5

Just now, Harmat said:

RIGHT?! 🤣 The funniest comment for me was this lady saying “My last name is already Ward... I made our job easier” 🤡🤡🤡 

I don't know if she was a fan or she's trolling coz this is the only time I saw her on Corey's lives..... but her comments were SPICY! 🤣

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2021 at 12:28 PM, Misirlou said:

I love Corey, but I found this funny:

"Can you imagine listening to a whole album of Corey songs? Suicides would go up dramatically in this country. How many sad songs could one endure?"

he was my favorite this season but thats a banger quote

On 5/20/2021 at 11:37 AM, Dalton Eduardo said:

Yeah. And today, she's way way way more popular than the actual winner of her season. 

i remember seeing her pop up on ph yt trending a few times a couple years ago did she continue to blow up from there?

4 minutes ago, Anonnymoose said:

i remember seeing her pop up on ph yt trending a few times a couple years ago did she continue to blow up from there?

She is pretty much a household name in the Philippines today. She has 2.5M monthly Spotify listeners, became a judge on Idol Philippines (a reverse Kelly Clarkson) and her music videos always trend on social media.

I saw her live when she opened for Boyce Avenue 2 years ago.... and the crowd went NUTS for her.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Anonnymoose said:

Yes, she's still popular in the Philippines. She was also one of the Judges on the Philippine version of "Idol". She recently released a song entitled, "Paubaya" and it trended the same day it was released on youtube. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

She is pretty much a household name in the Philippines today. She has 2.5M monthly Spotify listeners, became a judge on Idol Philippines (a reverse Kelly Clarkson) and her music videos always trend on social media.

I saw her live when she opened for Boyce Avenue 2 years ago.... and the crowd went NUTS for her.

We commented almost the same stuff simultaneously, lol.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Whoa she became the Kelly Clarkson there didn’t know that, only people from the voice ph I remember loving was Jason Dy/Darren Espanto/Timmy Pavino but thats dope. 

Edited by Anonnymoose

48 minutes ago, Anonnymoose said:

Whoa she became the Kelly Clarkson there didn’t know that, only people from the voice ph I remember loving was Jason Dy/Darren Espanto but thats dope. 

Don't think she's that comparable to Kelly Clarkson considering she got eliminated in the battle rounds. But she truly is a household name! Like "even your grandma knows her" household name.

Edited by FloorWax

14 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Not really a specific comment, but pretty much every time Blake steals a female contestant in the KOs, Youtube automatically goes "That´s a Chloe Kohanski type of steal right there".

Grace Shriver came to my mind 🤭🤭

*Proceeds to be eliminated the very next round* :giggle: