What will you miss most from the Old IDF Threads?

Rate this topic

istersay

• 2 weeks later...

What will be missed... Ummm, the BIG, HUGE, 6 yr old, constantly active, priceless & historical thread there WAS for Danielle Bradbery.  OMG, that was, indeed, a lost treasure. They never found the Dead Sea scrolls, either, though 😉

But, no worries; the new one will be great 😊

Edited by Drew1903
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 12:42 PM, x3 because of u said:

My post count 😭 and the Cake fan thread. Good times.

the Cake fan thread, :lmao: it was so crazy

On 2/23/2020 at 7:00 PM, chalk said:

I miss reading a lot of fanfic threads from years ago. Even the kids in the former American Juniors section used to come up with some creative stories.

those were really popular at first, then rules were put in here to not allowed them after American Juniors

On 2/26/2020 at 11:21 PM, istersay said:

the Cake fan thread, :lmao: it was so crazy

those were really popular at first, then rules were put in here to not allowed them after American Juniors

Was there any particular reason they stopped allowing them? It allowed people to be creative and use more intellect than watching Tv.. 

6 hours ago, chalk said:

Was there any particular reason they stopped allowing them? It allowed people to be creative and use more intellect than watching Tv.. 

Not sure but I think people started going beyond PG-13, and maybe it was so busy here mods didn't have time to read that to check on them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

To any of the OLD IDFers reading this (really, some of us should be in our 30's by now lol) Cheers to the simpler times. This forum played a HUGE part in my early teen years. Apart from being a great place to discuss Idol, you could also post topics in the Soap forum and receive words of advice from your fellow IDFers. I got through some hard times thanks to this place and chatting with members. I'm proud to say I was lucky enough to be here during the hay day of IDF when it was at it's most active. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, has it really been so long since I last poked in here? I see I've finally been demoted... no more DLI. But I'm glad to see some of the custom emoji gifs are still around. Nothing matches the enthusiasm of this little guy.  :w00tbounce:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2021 at 11:30 AM, pnkrngrwnnb said:

Came here to see if there was any April Fool's joke like the old, old days. I'd forgotten the forums had changed so much. 

the Admin used to mess up the board so much on april fools, it was hilarious :lmao:

• Haha 1

• 10 months later...
On 12/4/2019 at 10:55 PM, istersay said:

😢

I Found part of it here

and made a thread, you can copy some of the posts there

https://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=741153

IPB Image

Thank you so much for this. I was devastated years back when the loss of data and Gary’s thread had happened. This honestly lifted me up so much to read some of people sharing his memory and seeing his smiling face again. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Treefroggiefreak said:

Thank you so much for this. I was devastated years back when the loss of data and Gary’s thread had happened. This honestly lifted me up so much to read some of people sharing his memory and seeing his smiling face again. 

I remember how that impacted the forum, so sad. I'm glad if it lifted your spirits, I wish we hadn't lost so much ❤️ 

• 1 year later...

I was thinking about the 'Planty' fan thread - Joanna's JoFannas  (Joanna Pacitti) in the AI forum, I think it had 10,000 posts, and that was before the season even started :lmao: and then she was booted off the show top 36 for having too mush experience/connections, this was a huge thing on the forum

"(Reuters) - Controversial “American Idol” contestant and former child star Joanna Pacitti has been booted off the talent show, apparently due to her past in the music business.

Pacitti, 23, was put through to the Top 36 in an episode of the show broadcast on Wednesday, but her name was missing from a Fox television news release late on Wednesday on the Top 36.

“It has been determined that Joanna Pacitti is ineligible to continue in the competition,” the statement said, adding that Felicia Barton had taken her place."

rvgfcdx.JPG.298aefa1eff15f977a93326cc92ed0cd.JPG