What will you miss most from the Old IDF Threads?

Rate this topic

istersay

It was even crazier s2, s3, s4, :haha: so many fan wars :wacko:

SO glad those days are gone. lol :teehee:

I'll miss the history of FOX AI. Since the official website changed to ABC Idol and the old boards from there are gone it's history is marked in blog posts really...

Seriously though... FOX Idol isn't even on iTunes, DVD... Barely on YouTube. :ermm: :'(

I just came back after a few years away, I was 13 or 14 when I first came here. Seeing how compressed it’s become when I’m now 31 and can’t find anything, including a tribute thread to an old IDF member who has passed away is absolutely gutting. That may be the final straw for me never coming back. Rest in piece Gary. I love you, I miss you, and I still think about you every day to this day.

I just came back after a few years away, I was 13 or 14 when I first came here. Seeing how compressed it’s become when I’m now 31 and can’t find anything, including a tribute thread to an old IDF member who has passed away is absolutely gutting. That may be the final straw for me never coming back. Rest in piece Gary. I love you, I miss you, and I still think about you every day to this day.

For the record, they didn't purge the thread for Gary out of malice or for being "old news". The entire board had a meltdown in which all record of old posts have been scrubbed by the server. :(

:w00twave: Unfortunately all of our old data has been wiped. It wasn't anything intentional. Crazy that I was 14 when I joined, and I'll be 30 in June. I remember you! Hope you are well! :hug: <3

Anything and EVERYTHING to do with the summer tours. I loved reading M&G and concert recaps. Hate I didn't get to save mine either! :'(

Edited by *Laci

:'(

I Found part of it here

and made a thread, you can copy some of the posts there

https://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=741153

IPB Image

I'll miss a lot of the O/T subs, like music, movies, politics, and sports. It was neat how you'd meet people in the American or Canadian forums years ago, and as you grew up, found other things you had in common with them, and could still discuss them here.

The Redux forum back around '08

Redux Emporium for sure. Can't remember the exact timeframe, but I feel like 2004-2008ish was the heyday.

I'll miss the history of FOX AI. Since the official website changed to ABC Idol and the old boards from there are gone it's history is marked in blog posts really...

Seriously though... FOX Idol isn't even on iTunes, DVD... Barely on YouTube. :ermm: :'(

I recommend this channel's playlist. :thumbs: Right now he has seasons 1-13 and 17. He is working on 14 right now.

https://www.youtube.com/user/abegitu/playli...amp;shelf_id=12

It also has The X Factor UK, The Sing Off, and Britain's Got Talent.

Edited by countrynineteen

JOSH. :wub:

It would probably not cost much to release all the FOX American Idol seasons to DVD, and I would buy most of them on DVD. They could atleast put the seasons on iTunes or Hulu or something.

I recommend this channel's playlist. :thumbs: Right now he has seasons 1-13 and 17. He is working on 14 right now.

https://www.youtube.com/user/abegitu/playli...amp;shelf_id=12

It also has The X Factor UK, The Sing Off, and Britain's Got Talent.

Thank you! I'll check that channel out! :hug:

It would probably not cost much to release all the FOX American Idol seasons to DVD, and I would buy most of them on DVD. They could atleast put the seasons on iTunes or Hulu or something.

IKR?

It's apparently a song licensing thing... :|

Maybe they can put all the seasons on Disney+, especially now that Disney owns Fox. :shifty:

• Like 1

with the old data missing, I'll miss opening old threads and seeing the old graphics, with tons of Blinkies and blends from the early years

Omg. The best. :'(

• 1 month later...
Just now, v-streamer said:

Those were the days! We were bonkers - staying up all night just chatting back and forth

On 12/3/2019 at 12:03 AM, ePastorJames said:

I wish I was around to witness the glory days of Claymates. :rofl:

IPB Image