Jump to content
idolforums.com
istersay

AI 18 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

^ They’re all pretty blah except Franklin, so I can see why they weren’t shown. Amber Fiedler and Hannah Prestlidge should’ve made the Top 20 over some of them. 
 

Then again, Kree Harrison and Kris Allen weren’t  shown at all until Group Rounds and they both did well, so anything could happen. 

i wouldn't mind losing those 5 + lauren spencer and either one of jonny/nick to make up the t14 tbh

Edited by holinessss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, holinessss said:

out of the t20/21 they didn't show aliana, dewayne, faith, franklin, olivia in hollywood week's genre round - fate's sealed?


The first audition is the most important and on ABC Idol, everyone who gets through to public voting gets seen in the audition round. OTOH, Hollywood Week has multiple parts. As long as you are shown at least once during HW, you should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cyniah posted a few videos on her instagram story watching Idol and what looked like practicing in an Idol rehearsal room with almost all of The Top 20! Only people who were missing were Lauren M, Sam, Francisco, Arthur, and Jonny. Hopefully this means the live shows are still on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don’t see how they can still do the live shows, though. Francisco is from San Francisco and they’re on shelter in place. I’m not sure if being on Idol qualifies for being able to travel? Same with Lauren being from Canada. Will they let her out of the country to do Idol?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

I honestly don’t see how they can still do the live shows, though. Francisco is from San Francisco and they’re on shelter in place. I’m not sure if being on Idol qualifies for being able to travel? Same with Lauren being from Canada. Will they let her out of the country to do Idol?


just because she’s “from” Canada it doesn’t mean that she’s in Canada today. She may have opted to stay in CA after HW. She may have already moved to the US to pursue music. Lots of contestants say that they are “from” a place they haven’t lived in for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

Same with Lauren being from Canada. Will they let her out of the country to do Idol?

There's no restrictions (yet) on traveling between the US and Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

So......what happened to Hannah?


My guess is that she lost a Duet to someone else, or maybe was cut in the Solo round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idol has stopped production until the Covid-19 restrictions are over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Idol has stopped production until the Covid-19 restrictions are over. 

Link???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Elliott said:

There's no restrictions (yet) on traveling between the US and Canada.

 

 

The US and Canada have just agreed to temporarily close the US-Canada border to nonessential travel for the first time since 9/11.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pepperman said:

The US and Canada have just agreed to temporarily close the US-Canada border to nonessential travel for the first time since 9/11.  

And my initial comment was made before this was announced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wont believe this till an official producer or executive speaks out on this. Almost ALL of the Top 20 are STILL in LA. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, m1key said:

I wont believe this till an official producer or executive speaks out on this. Almost ALL of the Top 20 are STILL in LA. 

 

Google.  It's all over the media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/17/2020 at 11:39 PM, CarmenSandiego said:


My guess is that she lost a Duet to someone else, or maybe was cut in the Solo round.

With Covid19 killing production it doesn't really matter but I don't believe anyone beat her in a duet or she got cut.  Go to her YouTube videos - she's by far the best singer on the show this season.  Something else must have happened - her drug abuse history is a *HUGE SUSPECT* but we may never know what really happened.

Edited by Cranberrys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

With Covid19 killing production it doesn't really matter but I don't believe anyone beat her in a duet or she got cut.  Go to her YouTube videos - she's by far the best singer on the show this season.  Something else must have happened - her drug abuse history is a *HUGE SUSPECT* but we may never know what really happened.

 

Best singer?  That's purely subjective.  It's not inconceivable she could have messed up.  She could have choked, forgot the lyrics, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

 

Best singer?  That's purely subjective.  It's not inconceivable she could have messed up.  She could have choked, forgot the lyrics, etc.


Yeah.  I agree that Hannah is a fine singer but best singer?  That’s more subjective, especially with so many fine singers in this season.  And even the best singers can mess up, even if they make the Top 10 or Top 20.  Remember Catie from Season 16 when she forgot the lyrics to “Manic Monday”?  That got her eliminated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they annouced some of the pairings for duet week today on the facebook page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, holinessss said:

so far they have posted 17 pairs on fb!!

 

so far the only other duet with both t20/21 finalists is with faith/jovin - the other being cyniah/makayla

 

margie/jonny are a duet as well...imagine if she gets cut this round lol

 

ren is with some random we didn't get to see...her demise??

 

https://www.facebook.com/pg/AmericanIdol/photos/?ref=page_internal


 

Can someone who is good at names and faces list all 17 pairings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:


 

Can someone who is good at names and faces list all 17 pairings?

Yes I can. I’m creating a new thread right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, holinessss said:

so far they have posted 17 pairs on fb!!

 

so far the only other duet with both t20/21 finalists is with faith/jovin - the other being cyniah/makayla

 

margie/jonny are a duet as well...imagine if she gets cut this round lol

 

ren is with some random we didn't get to see...her demise??

 

https://www.facebook.com/pg/AmericanIdol/photos/?ref=page_internal

The guy Ren is with makes T40, though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...