AI 18 Spoiler Discussion Thread

41 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

you honestly think that Laine Hardy was the best technical singer out of the entire 2019 cast?  

Did you hear his audition from last season? As soon as he auditioned for American Idol Season 17, it was obvious that he was going to win.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it looks like they already filmed the grace/lauren vote - they aired a commercial of a split screen of them standing in their house lol

You can say the exact same thing for the entire Top 11 though... in the end they made the decision to come on this show and are aware of the potential outcomes.

Good for Phillip Phillips, though.  ABC has pretty much ignored the alums from FOX, only bringing back Carrie and Adam to perform.  They did have Lauren Daigle on, but fans don't associate her with Id

3 hours ago, movieguy40 said:

Laine Hardy was a technical singer and he was the best contestant out of everyone on American Idol Season 17 and he won so.

Nothing you say will ever convinced me he won because he was the best singer.  

1 hour ago, movieguy40 said:

Out of everyone that season yes. Laine Hardy was the most consistent and really took risks. None of the other contestants took risks the way he did or were as consistent with performances having their current performance be better than the previous ones.

1. He took very few risks, IMO. His songs choices tended to be older, beat-driven songs. He didn’t sing an emotive ballad even once. 

2. Consistent performances and risk taker =/= best technical singer. 

3. I thought he was going to win too. I’m not disagreeing with that part. But he won because his style and personality appealed to the viewers, not because he sang the best.

5 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

1. He took very few risks, IMO. His songs choices tended to be older, beat-driven songs. He didn’t sing an emotive ballad even once. 

2. Consistent performances and risk taker =/= best technical singer. 

3. I thought he was going to win too. I’m not disagreeing with that part. But he won because his style and personality appealed to the viewers, not because he sang the best.

Fat Bottomed Girls and Come Together are  not beat driven songs. Those are classic and great songs. Right so you are agreeing in number two because you are saying like me he was consistent and took risks which made him a technical singer and the best one of that whole season. He won because of style and personality too, but once again this is a singing show mainly

based on how well you can sing and Laine Hardy always does a great job at singing. He has the whole package, but he has the singing voice too and that’s the most important part of the package.

28 minutes ago, movieguy40 said:

So you are an alternative facts kind of person haha

Lol, I didn’t realize until today but I stopped watching after Jeremiah lost. Checked out some of the performances after today. 

• Sad 1

I think that Jeremiah was the best technical singer last season but Laine wasn’t too far behind.  But Laine was better able to appeal to the voters than Jeremiah (and Jeremiah’s beginning near the top vocally and voter complacency hurt him as well). In the finale, Laine was the best technical singer of the three finalists, and so he won.

21 hours ago, BabySafeHaven said:

Have Julia Minichiello doing her public information campaigning for Baby Safe Haven laws. This is in her home state of Massachusetts - in January.  

Great to see contestants using their talents to give back to their communities, even before they go on the show. 

Julia is a leader in helping her peers have the Baby Safe Haven info far before a crisis may occur. 

Great job Julia! 

https://www.wmct-tv.com/single-post/2020/01/30/Baby-Safe-Haven-Celebrates-Anniversary 

welcomeani.gif

23 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I think that Jeremiah was the best technical singer last season but Laine wasn’t too far behind.  But Laine was better able to appeal to the voters than Jeremiah (and Jeremiah’s beginning near the top vocally and voter complacency hurt him as well). In the finale, Laine was the best technical singer of the three finalists, and so he won.

Agreed with all of that.

6 hours ago, redwood79 said:

any clue on the structure of the season? are we moving towards a full season and single eliminations again?

There will be more live shows this year but probably still mostly double eliminations. 

4 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Maybe double eliminations until the Top 10, then single ones after that.

I'd vibe with that 

14 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

There will be more live shows this year but probably still mostly double eliminations. 

Oof

On 2/15/2020 at 12:52 PM, holinessss said:

louis getting the alejandro treatment?

edit: don't let maddie know lol

And we know how well that worked out for Alejandro. Not the best singer, but he was a good songwriter. That’s why Alejandro Aranda didn’t win and Laine Hardy did.

38 minutes ago, movieguy40 said:

And we know how well that worked out for Alejandro. Not the best singer, but he was a good songwriter. That’s why Alejandro Aranda didn’t win and Laine Hardy did.

You’re right.  Despite Alejandro being a very good songwriter, he was probably the worst singer in the Top 10 in terms of pure vocal talent.  While the best singer doesn’t always win (I’ve seen way too many examples over the years), you still need to have singing talent and compared to Laine, Madison and everyone else in the Top 10, Alejandro didn’t have it.

21 minutes ago, olaui.hoho said:

Still not understading how its even possible Shannon Gibbons and Sarah isen isnt in top 20?

Maybe Sarah whitdrew?

I definitely would’ve preferred them over Aliana and Faith.