idolforums.com
istersay

AI 18 Spoiler Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, KelseyW said:

Waiting for the show to start... 13 DAYZZZ. 😮 

That is so weird... doesn't feel like it at all to me. 😅

48 minutes ago, jazzontherocks said:

I recall the Farewell Season on FOX putting 3 extra girls with just 10 guys in the Top 24. 

Anyway, looking forward to the premiere 😄 

Yes I remember that too. Luckily, it was based on who was the most talented and popular in Season 15, which was Trent Harmon and that's why he won American Idol Season 15.

I really hope we get to vote at Top 20. It’s not fair for the judges to decide after that, IMO. 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 6:59 AM, movieguy40 said:

Yes I remember that too. Luckily, it was based on who was the most talented and popular in Season 15, which was Trent Harmon and that's why he won American Idol Season 15.

There is no such thing as the most talented or the best singer.  It's all based on personal taste.  We all know Trent is in the Bottom 3 of album sales of the Idol winners.  The first winner not to make the Billboard Top 200.

Edited by mytake1

15 hours ago, mytake1 said:

There is no such thing as the most talented or the best singer.  It's all based on personal taste.  We all know Trent is in the Bottom 3 of album sales of the Idol winners.  The first winner not to make the Billboard Top 200.

I said he was the most talented and "popular" meaning favorite of that season, which is why Trent Harmon won that season.

48 minutes ago, movieguy40 said:

I said he was the most talented and "popular" meaning favorite of that season, which is why Trent Harmon won that season.

He won because he got the most votes.  My point - there is no such thing as the most talented - that's all subjective.

Hey y'all! Just checked out the spoilers to see if there are any Jeremiah-like people lurking around, and my ears perked up at Jonny West's voice. Gorgeous tone. Can't wait to see his audition! 

3 hours ago, mytake1 said:

He won because he got the most votes.  My point - there is no such thing as the most talented - that's all subjective.

It’s partly subjective, you mean.  Some singers in the Top 24 or Top 20 are more vocally talented than others, but I think there was little if any gap between Trent and La’Porsha in terms of pure vocal talent.  At that point, it was a matter of personal preference, which is highly subjective, and performance skills.

4 hours ago, mytake1 said:

Yes he won because he got the most votes, which is why he was the most “popular.” I just phrased that idea in as few words as possible.

According to On Camera Audiences, "American Idol will return this March to tape their live shows in Hollywood! Sign up now and we will notify you when tickets are released." This makes me believe that T20 is when the lives start.

1 hour ago, m1key said:

According to On Camera Audiences, "American Idol will return this March to tape their live shows in Hollywood! Sign up now and we will notify you when tickets are released." This makes me believe that T20 is when the lives start.

Thanks for telling us this!  I’ll be watching!

12 hours ago, m1key said:

omg 🤯

i just realized this means there won't be any celeb duets??

Edited by holinessss

does anybody know when the Monday episodes start happening??

14 hours ago, holinessss said:

omg 🤯

i just realized this means there won't be any celeb duets??

Thank God. Those duets were the biggest waste of money ever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m1key said:

does anybody know when the Monday episodes start happening??

Idol will take over on Monday when the current season of the Bachelor is done. Over the last few years, that’s been the second week in March. 

Have Julia Minichiello doing her public information campaigning for Baby Safe Haven laws. This is in her home state of Massachusetts - in January.  

Great to see contestants using their talents to give back to their communities, even before they go on the show. 

Julia is a leader in helping her peers have the Baby Safe Haven info far before a crisis may occur. 

Great job Julia! 

https://www.wmct-tv.com/single-post/2020/01/30/Baby-Safe-Haven-Celebrates-Anniversary 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 10:55 AM, mytake1 said:

Idol has never been just a singing show.  The so-called best technical singers never even win.  You have to have stage presence, personality that connects with audiences, musical knowledge to pick the right songs.  The judges have to build an interesting and diverse cast for a TV show.   Nigel Lythgoe has said Idol isn't about the best singer, but rather the popular singer.

Laine Hardy was a technical singer and he was the best contestant out of everyone on American Idol Season 17 and he won so.

1 hour ago, movieguy40 said:

Laine Hardy was a technical singer and he was the best contestant out of everyone on American Idol Season 17 and he won so.

you honestly think that Laine Hardy was the best technical singer out of the entire 2019 cast?  

Edited by AngelaKD

On 1/27/2020 at 12:47 AM, pepperman said:

I really hope Margie Mays makes it to the live shows this time!

Me too!

On 1/27/2020 at 12:47 AM, pepperman said:

I really hope Margie Mays makes it to the live shows this time!

I'm guessing you know now that Margie Mays didn't make the Top 20. She didn't make the Top 40.

39 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

you honestly think that Laine Hardy was the best technical singer out of the entire 2019 cast?  

Out of everyone that season yes. Laine Hardy was the most consistent and really took risks. None of the other contestants took risks the way he did or were as consistent with performances having their current performance be better than the previous ones.