Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
QueenMae16

Voice Trivia

Recommended Posts

A little... stretching but another fact to point out:

 

Since bloodbath(Season 9) Blake has had a PV called in 1st or 2nd with sometimes having a 2nd artist called 3rd, into the finale.

 

Examples:

Season 9 - Emily Ann(called in 2nd into the finale)

Season 10 - Adam Wakefield(called in 1st into the finale)

Season 11 - Sundance(called in 2nd into the finale)

Season 12 - Lauren(called in 2nd into the finale)

Season 13 - Chloe(called in 1st into the finale)

Season 14 - Spensha(called in 1st into the finale)

Season 15 - Kirk(called in 1st into the finale)

Season 16 - Dexter(called in 2nd into the finale)

Barrett, Aliyah, Kyla, Chris, Gyth all were called in 3rd to go into the finale.

 

But in Season 17, they made Blake wait until the 3rd PV to call an artist of his into the finale, with Ricky going into the Finale after Katie and Jake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little... stretching but another fact to point out:

 

Since bloodbath(Season 9) Blake has had a PV called in 1st or 2nd with sometimes having a 2nd artist called 3rd, into the finale.

 

Examples:

Season 9 - Emily Ann(called in 2nd into the finale)

Season 10 - Adam Wakefield(called in 1st into the finale)

Season 11 - Sundance(called in 2nd into the finale)

Season 12 - Lauren(called in 2nd into the finale)

Season 13 - Chloe(called in 1st into the finale)

Season 14 - Spensha(called in 1st into the finale)

Season 15 - Kirk(called in 1st into the finale)

Season 16 - Dexter(called in 2nd into the finale)

Barrett, Aliyah, Kyla, Chris, Gyth all were called in 3rd to go into the finale.

 

But in Season 17, they made Blake wait until the 3rd PV to call an artist of his into the finale, with Ricky going into the Finale after Katie and Jake.

 

That’s a lot of finalists, and that doesn’t even include the two who were Twitter saved.

 

We talk about how dominant Kelly has been. She’s had 3 finalists in the last 4 seasons. Blake has had 8.

Edited by TeamAudra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather random but something I found interesting is the fact that Ricky Duran’s T8 week was eerily similar to Kyla Jade’s.

 

-Both sang Let It Be as their cover

-Both preformed 5th out of 8 solos

-Both were #2 on iTunes at the close of voting (Kyla had way more downloads but iTunes was more relevant back then. She also was behind a non-Voice performance unlike Ricky)

-Both were the 3rd PV in the following results show

 

Also S17 was the first season with a 2 male/2 female finale where both contestants of the same gender were eliminated before the top 2, as Rose and Katie finished 4th and 3rd respectively, behind Ricky and Jake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, guys! I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of months, but I couldn't pass up a trivia thread. 😂

 

Blake got rejected twice by three different singers in the history of this show, and all of them went on to lose to Blake's top 12 team.

Season 9: Amy Vachal (lost to Zach Seabaugh, Barrett Baber and Emily Ann Roberts)

Season 12: Lilli Passero (lost to TSoul, Aaliyah Moulden and Lauren Duski)

Season 14: Jackie Foster (lost to Pryor Baird, Spensha Baker and Kyla Jade)

 

The only singer who Blake pressed the button for twice and picked him the second time went on to win the whole thing: Chloe Kohanski, in season 13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked up how many people went first in the auditions and made live shows:

14/17 have all made the Lives:

Tarralyn Ramsey - Season 1(No)
Raelynn - Season 2(Yes)
Terry McDermott - Season 3(Yes)
The Morgan Twins - Season 4(No)
Kat Robichaud - Season 5(Yes)
Christina Grimmie - Season 6(Yes)
Luke Wade - Season 7(Yes)
Sarah Potenza - Season 8(Yes)
Mark Hood - Season 9(Yes)
Paxton Ingram - Season 10(Yes)
Jason Warrior - Season 11(Yes)
JChosen -  Season 12(Yes)
Chris Weaver - Season 13(No)
Britton Buchanan - Season 14(Yes)
Sarah Grace - Season 15(Yes)
Gyth Rigdon - Season 16(Yes)
Katie Kadan - Season 17(Yes)

 

Note: If Chris Weaver had a Live Playoff season, he would make 15/17 first auditions to make the lives. Great record overall tbh for first auditionees. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

I looked up how many people went first in the auditions and made live shows:

14/17 have all made the Lives:

Tarralyn Ramsey - Season 1(No)
Raelynn - Season 2(Yes)
Terry McDermott - Season 3(Yes)
The Morgan Twins - Season 4(No)
Kat Robichaud - Season 5(Yes)
Christina Grimmie - Season 6(Yes)
Luke Wade - Season 7(Yes)
Sarah Potenza - Season 8(Yes)
Mark Hood - Season 9(Yes)
Paxton Ingram - Season 10(Yes)
Jason Warrior - Season 11(Yes)
JChosen -  Season 12(Yes)
Chris Weaver - Season 13(No)
Britton Buchanan - Season 14(Yes)
Sarah Grace - Season 15(Yes)
Gyth Rigdon - Season 16(Yes)
Katie Kadan - Season 17(Yes)

 

Note: If Chris Weaver had a Live Playoff season, he would make 15/17 first auditions to make the lives. Great record overall tbh for first auditionees. 

And 5 of those 14 made the finale too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

I looked up how many people went first in the auditions and made live shows:

14/17 have all made the Lives:

Tarralyn Ramsey - Season 1(No)
Raelynn - Season 2(Yes)
Terry McDermott - Season 3(Yes)
The Morgan Twins - Season 4(No)
Kat Robichaud - Season 5(Yes)
Christina Grimmie - Season 6(Yes)
Luke Wade - Season 7(Yes)
Sarah Potenza - Season 8(Yes)
Mark Hood - Season 9(Yes)
Paxton Ingram - Season 10(Yes)
Jason Warrior - Season 11(Yes)
JChosen -  Season 12(Yes)
Chris Weaver - Season 13(No)
Britton Buchanan - Season 14(Yes)
Sarah Grace - Season 15(Yes)
Gyth Rigdon - Season 16(Yes)
Katie Kadan - Season 17(Yes)

 

Note: If Chris Weaver had a Live Playoff season, he would make 15/17 first auditions to make the lives. Great record overall tbh for first auditionees. 

thanks, that's hopeful news

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No female contestant between the ages of 18-22 has every advanced to a finale via public vote. That’s an amazing stat. The only female contestant from that age range to make a finale (Grimmie) needed the instant save. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumping this thread to point out that Mandi Castillo (S18) won both her battle and her KO, yet both contestants she defeated ended up going further in the competition than her.

 

If i recall correctly, the only other time this happened was Sarah Potenza in S8.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the 17 winners of the show, the most popular home states are Tennessee and Texas; only one winner (Tessanne) was not originally from the US.

  • Tennessee: 4 (Craig, Chris, Chloe, Jake)
  • Texas: 3 (Danielle, Sundance, Maelyn)
  • New York: 2 (Jermaine and Sawyer)
  • California: 1 (Alisan)
  • Connecticut: 1 (Javier)
  • Florida: 1 (Cassadee)
  • Indiana: 1 (Josh)
  • Jamaica: 1 (Tessanne)
  • Kentucky: 1 (Jordan)
  • Massachusetts: 1 (Brynn)
  • New Mexico: 1 (Chevel)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since S9, the last person ever to perform in the playoffs,(Not counting the pre-taped playoffs in S13), has always ended up in the finale but didn´t win:

S9- Barrett Baber

S10- Hannah Huston

S11- Billy Gilman

S12- Jesse Larson

S14- Britton Buchanan

S15- Kennedy Holmes

S16- Dexter Roberts

S17- Katie Kadan

We´ll see what happens with Todd Tilghman this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Since S9, the last person ever to perform in the playoffs,(Not counting the pre-taped playoffs in S13), has always ended up in the finale but didn´t win:

S9- Barrett Baber

S10- Hannah Huston

S11- Billy Gilman

S12- Jesse Larson

S14- Britton Buchanan

S15- Kennedy Holmes

S16- Dexter Roberts

S17- Katie Kadan

We´ll see what happens with Todd Tilghman this season.

tstorm win confirmed

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of season 17, there has never been a two-coach finale with a 50/50 split of contestants between the coaches (ie, two contestants from Team Blake and two from Team Adam/Kelly/whoever).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If Megan makes the finale(S18), she will be the first 1-chair turn female to do so right?

Makenzie almost did it in S15, but we all know how that tragedy played out :no:

Same with queen Amber in S4 ugh.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 1:51 AM, thevoiceisthetop said:

Ricky Duran has the longest time since he came back from season 6 to season 17

 

I'm pretty sure there was this girl named Luna Searles that didn't get a chair in season 2, and came back as a no-chair in season 16. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finalists State picks

 

7 times - Tennessee and Texas

4 times - Michigan and Louisana

3 times - Florida, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, California and Massachusettes

2 times - Connecticut, Minniesota, Indiana, North Carolina, Alabama, and Illinois

Could Be 2 - Washington - Zan Fiskum, Missouri - Joanna Serenko, Georgia - Megan Danielle and Toneisha Harris

1 time - Utah, Kansas, New York, Scotland, Oklaholma, Jamaica, Kentucky, Arkansas, New Hampshire, Nebraska, Rhode Island, New Mexico, Wisconsin

Could be 1 - Mississippi - Todd Tilghman, St John - Allegra Miles, South Carolina - CammWess, Hawaii - Thunderstorm Artis, Japan- Micah Iverson

0 time - Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Montana, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2020 at 12:51 PM, thevoiceisthetop said:

Ricky Duran has the longest time since he came back from season 6 to season 17

 

16 hours ago, FloorWax said:

 

I'm pretty sure there was this girl named Luna Searles that didn't get a chair in season 2, and came back as a no-chair in season 16. 

Longest time between no chairs and a successful audition vs. longest time overall between returns regardless of chair turns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of age at the time of being on The Voice, Toneisha Harris, at 44, is the oldest finalist in the history of the show.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Age Voice Finalists

Toneisha Harris - 44

Todd Tilghman - 41

Beverly McCellan - 41

Red Marlow - 40

Josh Kaufman - 38

Laith Al Saddi - 38

Katie Kadan - 38

Joshua Davis - 37

Sundance Head - 37

Damien - 35

Craig Wayne Boyd - 35

Terry McDermott - 35

Tony Lucca - 35

Barrett Baber - 34

Alisan Porter - 34

Jesse Larson - 34

Rose Short - 34

Jermaine Paul - 33

Javier Colon - 33

Adam Wakefield - 33

Kyla Jade - 33

Nicholas David - 31

Will Champlin - 30 

Jake Hoot - 30

Chris Mann - 29

Ricky Duran - 29

Tessanne Chin - 28

Meghan Linsey - 28

Billy Gilman - 28

Zach Swon - 27

Chris Krozke - 27

Dexter Roberts -27

Vicci Martinez - 26

Michelle Chamuel - 26

Chris Blue - 26

Brooke Simpson - 26

Maelyn Jarmon - 26

Juliet Simms - 25

Josh Gallagher - 25

Lauren Duski - 25

Micah Iverson - 25

Colton Swon - 24

Jeffrey Austin - 24

Hannah Huston - 24

Spensha Baker - 24

Gyth Rigdon - 24

Dia Frampton - 23

Cassadee Pope - 23

Matt McAndrew - 23

Chloe Kohanski - 23

Thunderstorm Artis - 23

Jordan Smith - 22

Kirk Jay - 22

Andrew Sevener - 22

CammWess - 21

Chris Jamison - 20

Christina Grimmie - 19

Jake Worthington - 17

Koryn Hawthorne - 17

We McDonald - 17

Brittion Buchanan - 17

Danielle Bradbery - 16

Jacquie Lee - 16

Emily Ann Roberts - 16

Addison Agen - 16

Chevel Shepherd - 16

Sawyer Fredericks - 15

Aliyah Moulden - 15

Brynn Cartelli - 14

Kennedy Holmes - 13

 

 

Winners

Oldest - Josh Kaufman

Youngest - Brynn Cartelli 

 

2nd Place 

Oldest -  Terry McDermott

Youngest - Jacquie Lee, Addison Agen, Emily Ann Roberts 

 

3rd Place

Oldest - Katie Kadan

Youngest - Aliyah Moulden

 

4th place

Oldest - Beverly McCellan

Youngest - Kennedy Holmes

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite being the only finale to have two finalists over the age of 40, Season 18 isn't actually the finale with the oldest average age.

  1. Season 17 (33.25 years)*
  2. Season 10 (32.25 years)
  3. Season 18 (30.8 years)
  4. Season 1 (30.75 years)
  5. Season 2 (30.5 years)
  6. Season 3 (29.67 years)
  7. Season 7 (28.25 years)
  8. Season 11 (26.75 years)
  9. Season 13 (26.25 years)
  10. Season 12 (25.0 years)
  11. Season 16 (24.75 years)
  12. Season 5 (24.67 years)
  13. Season 6 (24.67 years)
  14. Season 8 (24.5 years)**
  15. Season 9 (24.0 years)
  16. Season 4 (23.25 years)
  17. Season 14 (22.5 years)***
  18. Season 15 (19.75 years)****

*NOTE: Ricky and Hoot both had birthdays between their auditions and the finale.

**NOTE: Sawyer turned 16 during the competition, I only remember this because he's the winner closest in age to me.

***NOTE: Brynn and Britton both had birthdays between their auditions and the finale.

****NOTE: Kennedy turned 14 during the competition.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Despite being the only finale to have two finalists over the age of 40, Season 18 isn't actually the finale with the oldest average age.

  1. Season 17 (33.25 years)*
  2. Season 10 (32.25 years)
  3. Season 18 (30.8 years)
  4. Season 1 (30.75 years)
  5. Season 2 (30.5 years)
  6. Season 3 (29.67 years)
  7. Season 7 (28.25 years)
  8. Season 11 (26.75 years)
  9. Season 13 (26.25 years)
  10. Season 12 (25.0 years)
  11. Season 16 (24.75 years)
  12. Season 5 (24.67 years)
  13. Season 6 (24.67 years)
  14. Season 8 (24.5 years)**
  15. Season 9 (24.0 years)
  16. Season 4 (23.25 years)
  17. Season 14 (22.5 years)***
  18. Season 15 (19.75 years)****

*NOTE: Ricky and Hoot both had birthdays between their auditions and the finale.

**NOTE: Sawyer turned 16 during the competition, I only remember this because he's the winner closest in age to me.

***NOTE: Brynn and Britton both had birthdays between their auditions and the finale.

****NOTE: Kennedy turned 14 during the competition.

 

Todd had his 42nd birthday on January, way after his blind was filmed, though that would not really affect the averages.

Edited by mjdolorico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Three things:

 

Todd Tilghman and Toneisha Harris are the oldest finalists (42 years and 44 years respectively) to ever reach the Top 3

By default: Todd is the oldest winner of The Voice history

 

This is the first time the winner was the first audition broadcasted in ANY season.

Edited by Gmm99
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...