Quick news and notes of past Voice contestants.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was randomly thinking of Reagan Strange and looked her up on google and this is the first picture...... I AM DEAD🤣   POOR GIRL

Songs blowing up on TikTok are confirmation that the music industry is a giant crap shoot.

I dont know why you feel the need to police her wording after she got raped... obviously she would be traumatized and using strong language has nothing to do with how seriously she should be taken. AN

Posted Images

CCM singer Chris Tomlin has a new album with multiple features including Voicers Cassadee Pope, RaeLynn and Blessing Offor (remember him and his “blind” audition?). The album is currently #4 on iTunes.

• 4 weeks later...

Country songs almost never hit the all genre top 10, and especially without a pop star on them, and especially without crossover radio play (never mind no radio play as is this case). 

All of which is to say, Morgan Wallen is officially the first voice star...little thanks to the voice 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

Morgan Wallen becomes the first "The Voice" alumnus to hit the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10

Not who I would've bet on to be the first from the show, but nice to see someone with this level of post-show success!

6 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Not who I would've bet on to be the first from the show, but nice to see someone with this level of post-show success!

Who would you have bet on?

3 hours ago, seak05 said:

Country songs almost never hit the all genre top 10, and especially without a pop star on them, and especially without crossover radio play (never mind no radio play as is this case). 

All of which is to say, Morgan Wallen is officially the first voice star...little thanks to the voice 

I nominate Morgan Wallen as a Voice coach. That way the show might save face a little bit. On second thought, that would also attract new blood for team Minivan so no thanks! 😆

I didn't watch his season but congrats on his success! Hope to see more Voice alumnis doing this well 😇

Edited by echoap
42 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Who would you have bet on?

Probably Cassadee as a winner, maybe Melanie as a non-winner - but I say this mainly because Morgan's appearance on the show was very forgettable (and that's not really his fault, it just happened to be that way)

I don't listen to Morgan or that branch of country at all, but good for him!

7 minutes ago, echoap said:

I nominate Morgan Wallen as a Voice coach. That way the show might save face a little bit. On second thought, that would also attract new blood for team Minivan so no thanks! 😆

I didn't watch his season but congrats on his success! Hope to see more Voice alumnis doing this well 😇

The ironic part is that Morgan sang mostly pop on the Voice and when he switched to country, he was eliminated. Even more ironic, that happened singing a FGL song, with whom he later collab’d for his first #1.

• Haha 2

I couldn't find it on the original channel but here's a reaction video of it .

The song starts at 0:44 and ends at 4:35. Just listen to the part 3:38~3:52 he hit some really incredible high notes

On 8/24/2020 at 11:41 AM, seak05 said:

Late reply,  but yeah...his chart run on the Billboard Hot 100 has been incredible these past two years. Wallen currently has three songs charting: "Chasin' You" (#36), "7 Summers" (#6), and "More Than My Hometown." (#62). His first solo hit, "Whiskey Glasses" made the 2019 year end charts both in the U.S. and Canada. 

This is technically about a Voice UK singer, but he was coached by JHUd and he’s based in the US now, so WTH!

Jamie Miller came in 3rd on the Voice UK a few years ago (the season Mo won) and he was signed by Atlantic Records. He must have been in artist development, because he finally has a debut single. It’s not doing to badly—900+ k YT views, 570 k Spotify plays in a little over a month. And he has pop idol looks!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

This is technically about a Voice UK singer, but he was coached by JHUd and he’s based in the US now, so WTH!

Jamie Miller came in 3rd on the Voice UK a few years ago (the season Mo won) and he was signed by Atlantic Records. He must have been in artist development, because he finally has a debut single. It’s not doing to badly—900+ k YT views, 570 k Spotify plays in a little over a month. And he has pop idol looks!

Angel Taylor who was on Team Adam on Season 2 wrote a song co-wrote with Jamie and Toby Gad on a song for him, "What I See In You."

Angel just released a new song herself last week, she said she wrote out all of the things her boyfriend couldn't ever say to her.  "Selfish Kind of Lover":

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=MbcK-aOMFgw&list=RDAMVMMbcK-aOMFgw

Edited by rhapsody99
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

The album is his newest one, though, so even though it's not brand new I'd call it new simply because it's less than a year old at this point.

Technically, you are correct, but 99% of people reading your post would assume  “new” to mean just released.

Edited by AngelaKD

Andrew Jannakos (Team Adam, country singer in S16 who lost to Dexter Roberts in the Cross Battles) has blown up on TikTok and just released a new single today (September 15, 2020) - and it's #1 on iTunes as of about noon Eastern Time.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 12.11.29 PM.png

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Andrew Jannakos (Team Adam, country singer in S16 who lost to Dexter Roberts in the Cross Battles) has blown up on TikTok and just released a new single today (September 15, 2020) - and it's #1 on iTunes as of about noon Eastern Time.

Songs blowing up on TikTok are confirmation that the music industry is a giant crap shoot.

• Like 6
43 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

that's impressive, considering how popular "WAP" is currently. There's probably one phrase/lyric that people are using for TikToks

• Like 1