Quick news and notes of past Voice contestants.

TeamAudra

50 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

I didn’t watch S17 in full, but I will admit that Marybeth’s audition was magical. I could see Jack making it farther though too. I guess not all of our favs can make it far :(

durinf s17 i read someone say that marybeth’s battle did / should’ve won the season for her and honestly i agree. what a performance that was, def in contention for strongest performance of the season imo.

16 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

durinf s17 i read someone say that marybeth’s battle did / should’ve won the season for her and honestly i agree. what a performance that was, def in contention for strongest performance of the season imo.

The audience didn't allow any margin of error for her. The second she wasn't perfect (but still very good imo), she was at the bottom. But on Blake or even Kelly's team, I'm sure she would've been a shoo in for the finale.

Granted I'm biased because I usually love female singers who can do both pop and country. She was still 18 when she auditioned so I'm sure she's grown a lot since then and hopefully ready for the competition.

5 hours ago, QueenCami said:

i worry that Jack will make it farther than Marybeth, a la Mike and Allegra (i know ur a Jack stan but yeah)

spoiler alert!

The Top 55 has been leaked and the Voice alums that made it were Marybeth, Wé McDonald, Samuel Harness, Michael Williams, Rebecca Brunner, Megan Danielle, Malik Heard. No sign of Jack or Janora.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, nytsch said:

The audience didn't allow any margin of error for her. The second she wasn't perfect (but still very good imo), she was at the bottom. But on Blake or even Kelly's team, I'm sure she would've been a shoo in for the finale.

Granted I'm biased because I usually love female singers who can do both pop and country. She was still 18 when she auditioned so I'm sure she's grown a lot since then and hopefully ready for the competition.

We listened the same performances?? Her Top 13 and Top 11 were far from perfect and she still avoided the bottom these two weeks. I would argue that her Top 10 was even better than those, in fact, easily my favorite performance from her but of course, Selena Gómez's song wasn't gonna get votes from Minivan

7 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Yeah, imo. Burning House and Love Me Like You Do were her best performances.

Go Rest High On That Mountain, I liked too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

We listened the same performances?? Her Top 13 and Top 11 were far from perfect and she still avoided the bottom these two weeks. I would argue that her Top 10 was even better than those, in fact, easily my favorite performance from her but of course, Selena Gómez's song wasn't gonna get votes from Minivan

Stars was kinda rough, but all we know is that she avoided the bottom 2 out of 11, I mean even Joana did lol. Maybe “perfect” isn’t the right word - just a caliber of performance well above what many others were delivering imo :ph34rwave:

Texas Hill is a trio comprised of Craig Wayne Boyd (winner of The Voice season 7), Adam Wakefield (runner-up of The Voice season 10), and Casey James (third place on American Idol season 9). Before The Voice and American Idol, all three were in bands. The two native Texans (Craig and Casey) began playing and writing together in 2019. Craig invited Adam to join them about a month later. They announced the band publicly in June 2020 via Billboard. After releasing their self-titled 5-track EP in September 2020 and a holiday project, the group released the 12-track album Heaven Down Here on 01/21/22. It includes blues, country, R&B, and southern rock elements. (Incidentally, the seventh track is Easy on the Eyes and the credited writers are Adam, Craig, Casey, and Morgan Myles. She isn't listed as a co-writer on any other song on the album.) The guys had previously played the Grand Ole Opry individually, but the country supergroup made its Opry debut on 01/22/22.

Most songs on Heaven Down Here were written or co-written by one or more of the bandmates. Tracks six and eleven are the only exceptions. The eleventh (Darkest Sky) and the second (For the Love of It) tracks are probably my favorites on the album.

I don't know whether the 01/09/23 studio time was for Texas Hill or a solo CWB project.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 4

On 1/16/2023 at 6:03 PM, RTV said:

Texas Hill is a trio comprised of Craig Wayne Boyd (winner of The Voice season 7), Adam Wakefield (runner-up of The Voice season 10), and Casey James (third place on American Idol season 9). Before The Voice and American Idol, all three were in bands. The two native Texans (Craig and Casey) began playing and writing together in 2019. Craig invited Adam to join them about a month later. They announced the band publicly in June 2020 via Billboard. After releasing their self-titled 5-track EP in September 2020 and a holiday project, the group released the 12-track album Heaven Down Here on 01/21/22. It includes blues, country, R&B, and southern rock elements. (Incidentally, the seventh track is Easy on the Eyes and the credited writers are Adam, Craig, Casey, and Morgan Myles. She isn't listed as a co-writer on any other song on the album.) The guys had previously played the Grand Ole Opry individually, but the country supergroup made its Opry debut on 01/22/22.

Most songs on Heaven Down Here were written or co-written by one or more of the bandmates. Tracks six and eleven are the only exceptions. The eleventh (Darkest Sky) and the second tracks (For the Love of It) are probably my favorites on the album.

I don't know whether the 01/09/23 studio time was for Texas Hill or a solo CWB project.

actually like this trio :bobo:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, istersay said:

actually like this trio :bobo:

Me, too. The guys sound great together and seem to be good friends. I'm late posting it, but Texas Hill released Christmas Carols Vol. 2 on 12/01/22. 

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RTV said:

Me, too. The guys sound great together and seem to be good friends. I'm late posting it, but Texas Hill released Christmas Carols Vol. 2 on 12/01/22. 

thanks, country is not my thing, but I like their sound

Haven't seen Casey in so long :shock:

22 hours ago, seak05 said:

The Swon Brothers and Wendy Moten joined Blake today at the Ole Red Vegas press announcement/celebration

https://themusicuniverse.com/blake-shelton-breaks-ground-ole-red-las-vegas

from the article:

The preview event included a moderated Q&A between Shelton and Ryman Hospitality Properties Executive Chairman, Colin Reed, as well as live performances by past contestants from “The Voice,” Wendy Moten and The Swon Brothers.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/blake-shelton-and-the-voice-alums-preview-ole-red-las-vegas.htm

Edited by RTV
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I mean. 2 of some of the best country singers the show has seen. Not surprised it's good.

Casey was good too, he’s not as much of a “powerhouse” vocalist as the other 2 iirc but he did do some blues rock on AI. His best performances were the softer, story telling ones I think.

Let me check them out, I’m interested to hear how they all sound together.

13 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Casey was good too, he’s not as much of a “powerhouse” vocalist as the other 2 iirc but he did do some blues rock on AI. His best performances were the softer, story telling ones I think.

Let me check them out, I’m interested to hear how they all sound together.

• Like 1