Quick news and notes of past Voice contestants.

TeamAudra

1 hour ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Moriah and Plush opening for Lzzy Hale and Evanescence.

I liked Moriah a lot on TV - back when she was 16 and fell victim in the PO's to Miley's country strategy. Who woulda thought she'd be the first on S13 to break out?  I'm lookin at you, Miley and Chloe 🥺 lol

Btw, to the point made elsewhere (don't recall where now) about the effect of a relatively early exit, I've read a number or articles about Plush since they started and what I see repeatedly is a brief reference to Moriah having been on TV when she was 16. It's referenced as a positive even in the few that mention that she was eliminated in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Moriah and Plush opening for Lzzy Hale and Evanescence.

I liked Moriah a lot on TV - back when she was 16 and fell victim in the PO's to Miley's country strategy. Who woulda thought she'd be the first on S13 to break out?  I'm lookin at you, Miley and Chloe 🥺 lol

Moriah had a great sense of professionalism for a 16 year old contestant. She really knew who she was as an artist, and already had recognition from some artists in the rock industry. Even post show, she performed with Joan Jett and the aforementioned artists. Her resume post show has been really good. I was very bummed that she didn’t advance to the Top 12 (I thought she would have had a better shot on other teams), but not winning seemed to work out well for her career.

11 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Btw, to the point made elsewhere (don't recall where now) about the effect of a relatively early exit, I've read a number or articles about Plush since they started and what I see repeatedly is a brief reference to Moriah having been on TV when she was 16. It's referenced as a positive even in the few that mention that she was eliminated in the playoffs.

She was on Idol within a year or two after the Voice, so she didn’t give up on reality TV right away.

I think it might be advantageous for them to get eliminated early. They gain a little credibility be being able to have some success on a nationally broadcast TV show, but aren’t too tied to the show, or viewed as only a reality show contestant. For example Mikaela Astel had an impact on her season, despite being eliminated in the battles. Not only did she have one of the better received blind auditions,  I’ve never seen minivan so angry about a battle elimination. However, being sent home was probably the best result for her in the long run. This applies to some older contestants as well, like Morgan Wallen, Kameron Marlowe, Foushee, Andrew Jannakos and others. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

She was on Idol within a year or two after the Voice, so she didn’t give up on reality TV right away.

I didn't see that but read about it after. It sounded like it went less well than TV.  I almost never see AI mentioned now. lol

Edited by WastedinMemphis

1 minute ago, WastedinMemphis said:

I didn't see that but read about it after. It sounded like it went less well than TV.  I almost never see AI mentioned now. lol

Her audition wasn’t shown, I think only her Hollywood group performance was there. Nobody knew she had auditioned until she appeared in Hollywood week, as she never mentioned anything about it.

I think the same thing happened to Taylor John Williams from S7, as he wasn’t shown until Hollywood Week, but in his case, I don’t think he was ever shown singing.

5 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

No, she got significantly more air time on the Voice. I simply meant that she had not yet moved on to other paths in the industry and was still pursuing the “go on a tv show” method.

10 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Her audition wasn’t shown, I think only her Hollywood group performance was there. Nobody knew she had auditioned until she appeared in Hollywood week, as she never mentioned anything about it.

I think the same thing happened to Taylor John Williams from S7, as he wasn’t shown until Hollywood Week, but in his case, I don’t think he was ever shown singing.

Moriah gave a quote that I can't find now (artcle came from a twitter link) that said her group had some drama during that week.  It didn't sound as though she had a good experience. 

2 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

No, she got significantly more air time on the Voice. I simply meant that she had not yet moved on to other paths in the industry and was still pursuing the “go on a tv show” method.

Got it. 🙂

Plush was put together partly through industry connections. Moriah is based in upstate NY. Brooke Colucci, their drummer, nicknamed "Rock Angel," is from the west coast I think, had worked with some big names and had a reputation in the industry (featured in Modern Drummer and Drum World per their web page) and via social media. The bassist Ashley Suppa had worked with Ace Frehley and also had recorded and had some independent reputation.  Bella Peron, their guitarist, is a student at Berklee - their web page calls her a guitar virtuoso. They're all 21 or younger (Moriah just turned 21). They seemed to be signed to Pavement almost right out of the box. This isn't your bunch of school buddies who decided to form a band.

So Moriah kept at it however she could apparently and seems to have come into a good opportunity.

I gotta say, based on the articles I see linked in Twitter, the metal press absolutely loves them.

Edited by WastedinMemphis

🚨 BREAKING NEWS 🚨

Season 14 queen Kyla Jade has released not one, but TWO Christmas songs today!!!! she did covers of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and O Holy Night, and sang them both amazingly!!! buy them now on iTunes and stream them wherever you can find them! 

while you’re at it, buy, stream, and listen to her other two Christmas songs as well!

• Like 8

Mikaela Astel and her group, Good Newz Girls released another music video today, “Holiday Gift.” Apparently, there are some TikTok stars in it, but I’m not up on that, so I don’t know who they are. Someone seems to be spending some money on this push. They’ve been playing their first video in Times Square outside the Viacomm CBS building. It will probably be a while before we know how this all pans out. Obviously, they’ll need to release some non-Christmas music and try to push it to radio. I hear some faint whistle notes in there. That is Mikaela, and yes, she can really hit those notes. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Sophia Bromberg has music out and it's actually really really good! Her voice is so sultry and pretty, I wish she had auditioned when she was a bit older and had more control of her voice. She should've sent Jim and Sasha packing in the battles...

• Like 1