Quick news and notes of past Voice contestants.

TeamAudra

3 hours ago, QueenCami said:

I actually watched his shows before seeing Song Association. I find his shows way more entertaining, the banter back-and-forth is usually hilarious, and in general Terrell's a great host. I also of course love that he invites past TV contestants! 

Thanks for posting about this! I saw it in my recommended, planned to watch it, and then promptly forgot about it :haha: I'll be watching this one right after Brooke's!

I found him through his reactions of The voice and the four. Dude is hilarious, one of the funniest reactors I've watched, even if he's only done a few.

Admittedly haven't watched much else besides his song association videos and reactions, but I'll look into his other stuff sometime after what you've said. Always down for a good laugh.

Another big week for music releases from the Voice alumni:

Jordan Smith's new single, "So Many Reasons"

Season 14:

Runner-up Britton Buchanan - "Taking Pictures"

From Season 15:

Dave Fenley's new song "Welcome to the South"

Season 17:

Kat Hammock - "June"

Runner-up Ricky Duran releases "Star"

Season 18:

*This was released last week*

Runner-up Toneisha Harris - "Let's Change The World"

Edited by Gmm99
  • Thanks 2

Moriah Formica's rock band Plush just finished recording their first album in Nashville according to reports and Moriah's Twitter feed. https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/plush-enters-studio-to-record-debut-album/

The band's first single Hate reached 29 on the Billboard mainstream rock chart, and they are opening soon for Lzzy Hale and Halestorm. 

Album sampler -

10 hours ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Moriah Formica's rock band Plush just finished recording their first album in Nashville according to reports and Moriah's Twitter feed. https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/plush-enters-studio-to-record-debut-album/

The band's first single Hate reached 29 on the Billboard mainstream rock chart, and they are opening soon for Lzzy Hale and Halestorm. 

Album sampler -

I love seeing the success that some of the alumni are getting! It's not Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood fame, but it's definitely success. TV shows can't (or at least shouldn't) promise fame and success at that big level, but seeing people like Moriah and Fousheé kicking butt in their respective genres is great!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

“Hmm…” is right 🤔 I’m glad he’s being honest, but I don’t really agree with him on some things. :wacko:

2 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

my respect went down lol. kudos to his great talent but nah, this is where it ends 😂

Yeah, if he thinks that's right for him and isn't hurting anyone in the process, I don't see a problem. However, he probably extends these beliefs to others and perpetuates some homophobic views that I don't support.

3 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Oh. Well. That's a lot to take in. I can't say I really agree with him about any of that. I get that growing up in the church can definitely sway viewpoints, but 1) he's not getting the chance to {truly} be himself this way, so I don't think he can really be happy in life and 2) he isn't sending a great message to his young gay (or just LGBTQIA+) fans.

It's a bit depressing and disappointing, honestly.

• Like 2

Long time dedicated fan of Matt here(He literally calls me his ride or die fan and is also local to me) and I am just saddened by that video. He encouraged anybody who disagreed with his views to message him so I did and shared the Dateline video on David Archuleta and Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon's  (Also a Baptist and Preacher's son)'s documentary he made on coming out. Also, Alisan Porter and Chris Mann(Who are huge LGBT allies) and Kristen Merlin(Who is LGBT) commented on his IG post supporting him. I hope they meant that they just supported him coming out and not the other crap he was saying. My heart just breaks for him as he and his family were always the nicest people at his shows and on social media over the past 8 years. My last concert with my dad before he passed away was Matt's show at a new venue almost in my backyard.... Like my dad, Matt;s father also died of cancer and we were talking about that a few weeks ago. I just hope he realizes that he's loved and it's no sin to be gay as I know many other of his fans are telling him the same thing .  I thought the video meant when first watching it that he knew he was sinning but was glad to come out but actually not.  I literally don't know what to do as a fan of his even though I have so many other favorite singers from these shows and a few others do know me. 

In other news, Sarah Potenza's(A huge LGBT ally and amazing person's)  AGT audition airs on the 13th! https://www.instagram.com/p/CQy1157hJgM/

Edited by Bunny391848
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, Angeles said:

This is upsetting. He isn't sending a good message to his LGBTQ+ fans either. 

I was surprised to see Kristen Merlin in the comments on his post(I know they have the same management) and long time LGBT allies Chris Mann and Alisan Porter supporting him. Hope they just meant on supporting him coming out...........................................

6 hours ago, Someone648 said:

As a bi woman (and someone raised in a community where the "hate the sin, love the sinner" mindset was very much, and still is, prevalent), I have a lot of complicated feelings about this one. While I'm glad Matthew is confident enough to be open to share this part of himself in a public manner, it's definitely side-eye-worthy that he's using this as an inspirational testimony for LGBT+ Christians, especially younger fans who may be more vulnerable to believing that they're "wrong" or "dirty" for being the way that they are. I wish him the best with his continued journey for self-acceptance, but I don't condone calling same-sex attraction a sin or using a public platform to spread those beliefs.

• Like 4

Just now, Bunny391848 said:

I need somebody new to stan now.................. Somebody give me a suggestion... I literally don't know what to do as a long time fan of Matt... I still have my other Voice and Idol favorites but still......

List off some favorites and we can try to help.

44 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

List off some favorites and we can try to help.

Here's a list of my other favorites from my Top 20 or so in Season order,lolll I've seen/met everybody above Chris J.(A few more than once)  Chris  Mann knows me just as well as Matt does as a superfan. Feels like a good chunk of people on this list haven't done much lately

Javier Colon*

Chris Mann*

Michelle Chamuel*

Tessanne*

Jacquie Lee*

Christina Grimmie(I miss her sooo much)*

Josh Kaufman *

Matt McAndrew*

Chris Jamieson

Damien

Luke Wade

Sarah Potenza

Meghan Linsey

Josh Davis

Jeffrey Austin

Jordan Smith(His post show music isn't my cup of tea at all and I wouldn't be surprised if he has the hateful views too)

Alisan 

Billy Gillman

Brynn

Maelyn

Katie Kadan

Cam Anthony

My top Idol faves are Cookie, Archie,  Adam Lambert, Elliott Yamin,  Melinda Doolittle, Haley , Casey A, Stefano, Candice Glover  Michael Woodard, Catie Turner, Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon, Louis Knight, Just Sam, Casey Bishop, and Grace Kintsler

Edited by Bunny391848