Baseball Thread

Kert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy Opening Day, everyone! :ohyeah: And to get ready for the occasion, the Mets signed Lindor to a contract extension late last night! :w00tbounce:

I know it's a big risk throwing $341 mil/10 years at someone who hasn't played an official inning for us yet... But it would've also been a big risk letting him test the market in the next Offseason 😱

LET'S GO METS! wavetowel

• Haha 1

Yadi started it by engaging with Castellanos, but somehow, Yadi gets off with only a fine while Castellanos is the one getting suspended for this... 🤔

Edited by ShortstopVM

:argh: 

NOT A GOOD START. Not a good first impression by new relievers Trevor May or Aaron Loup either, who helped the Phillies spark their rally in the eighth.

So much for going 162-0 🙄

Edited by ShortstopVM

So, yesterdays game got PPD'ed, and the Mets arrived in Denver to a blanket of snow. :omg: 

I would not be surprised if tonight's game also gets PPD'ed.

Edited by ShortstopVM

Watching the Mets/Phils game...man what the hell is up with Lindor??  That dude is far too talented to be in this kinda funk for this long.  Is he a head case?

8 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Watching the Mets/Phils game...man what the hell is up with Lindor??  That dude is far too talented to be in this kinda funk for this long.  Is he a head case?

ehh baseball is a weird sport I don't think you can judge anyone from just a month lots of good players had a bad month of april while some players aren't that great had a good month so it's too small of a sample size. 

24 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

ehh baseball is a weird sport I don't think you can judge anyone from just a month lots of good players had a bad month of april while some players aren't that great had a good month so it's too small of a sample size. 

I agree it's a small sample size...but its not just the numbers that I'm talking about.  If you watch Lindor play...he just looks lifeless.  Maybe it's human nature that after he gets the huge contract his intensity goes down...but you'd never see that from Mike Trout or Bryce Harper.  And Lindor is just as talented as those guys.

Ball strikes top of outfield fence or scoreboard and rebounds onto the playing field: In Play.

Seriously, that line of CBP's ground rules is a BIG reason why we won the game tonight - we almost BLEW the damn thing! 😱

lisa edelstein relief GIF

In no way, shape or form should Luis Rojas have put Edwin Diaz into the game in a non-save situation. 🙄 Jeurys Familia should've been in to start the ninth inning...

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ATX29 said:

No clue; I think that his batting stance might be a bit off and that he's trying too hard to hit the "five-run homer"... But then again, I'm just an armchair hitting coach lol... At least he's been pulling his weight on defense so far. :yes:

I just hope he doesn't end up like that time we acquired Roberto Alomar... 😱

Edited by ShortstopVM