idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Kert

Baseball Thread

Cups sweep the Pirates! :halloween::kalanpirate::heartbounce:

If I had a dollar for every runner the Mets left on base this series season, I could buy tickets to a home game open up another bar tab drunk.gif

Hot Take: MLB should just delay the Playoffs by a week, so that all teams can play make-up games to get to sixty games played.

You mean to tell me that the Marlins could win the NL East without playing one-tenth of their games? 🙄 #FOH

SNY announcers talking about Billy Hamilton:

The only Hamilton playing in New York City

Sick Burn GIF by moodman

So yeah... It's safe to say that Juan Soto tested positive...

...for being the best hitter in the National League 😱 😱😱

• Haha 1

The Cubbies are on a roll! It's always a good time when you sweep Cleveland. If they could only solve our bullpen woes, they'd be set! Rizzo and Bryant are returning to true form and Heyward is on fire! :ohyeah:

It sounds like Phillies fans have made their way to the ballpark and made themselves heard... 😏 📢 They have found a way to "attend" the game, even if it's just by standing behind the locked gates of CBP and watching

Welp Cubs imploded lol. Here's to hopefully a better week of games! (!)

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, *Laci said:

Welp Cubs imploded lol. Here's to hopefully a better week of games! (!)

That makes two of us lol drunk.gifThe Mets got swept in Philly over the weekend... :argh:

Edited by ShortstopVM
  • Sad 1

Lo and behold... His decision was validated: The Mets just had two personnel test positive today... :no:

Obviously, I wish both of them a speedy recovery... :yes:

It just sucks though, because I really thought the Mets were going to get through the season unscathed

Posted (edited)

Baseball-wise: Tonight's series finale in Miami is PPD'ed... And so is tomorrow's game against the yankees. I was so looking forward to the Subway Series! 🤦‍♂️ (at least I have more time to blend together a FB cover photo)

And now, we're most likely going to have to do that seven-inning nonsense later in the schedule... 🙄

EDIT: If the entire weekend series is wiped out, then it's advantage yankees - Gerrit Cole's turn in the rotation wouldn't have come up; Stanton AND Judge (amongst other players) were going to miss the series; the iron would've been hot - by the time we play them, they would get most (if not all of) their players back from injury/COVID

Edited by ShortstopVM

18 hours ago, ShortstopVM said:

EDIT: If the entire weekend series is wiped out, then it's advantage yankees - Gerrit Cole's turn in the rotation wouldn't have come up; Stanton AND Judge (amongst other players) were going to miss the series; the iron would've been hot - by the time we play them, they would get most (if not all of) their players back from injury/COVID

WELP

At least we won't have the awkward scenario where we would be the "home" team in someone else's park...

Posted (edited)

The dimensions are the same for both teams - ANYTHING CAN :censored: HAPPEN IN YANKEE STADIUM!!!!!

LET'S :censored: GO, METS! rock.gif

Edited by ShortstopVM

Posted (edited)

Chadwick Boseman - the actor who portrayed Jackie Robinson in the movie 42 - has passed away. 😢 

The fact that he died on the same day all the MLB players honored Robinson by wearing the number 42... :no: #cruel :broken:

May Boseman's soul Rest in Peace.

Edited by ShortstopVM

10 hours ago, ShortstopVM said:

Chadwick Boseman - the actor who portrayed Jackie Robinson in the movie 42 - has passed away. 😢 

The fact that he died on the same day all the MLB players honored Robinson by wearing the number 42... :no: #cruel :broken:

May Boseman's soul Rest in Peace.

Very sad news :(

Posted (edited)

Dellin Betances HANDED that game on a silver platter to his former team... :argh:

BTW, we just lost to a team that had been on a seven-game losing streak... 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Edited by ShortstopVM

Posted (edited)

done over it GIF

1) If you can't hold a five-run lead against a "depleted" yankee team, you don't deserve to be pitching in the Major Leagues

2) I get having an out at any base, but intentionally walking the bases loaded, knowing that Boone still had Gary Sanchez to play, is a questionable strategy - and one swing of the bat showed us why

3) Where the :censored: was our offense when we needed to hit them in the clutch? :argh:

I'm pretty much done with Edwin Diaz after today; Jared Hughes and Drew Smith can go, too - other than the return game coming up this Thursday, there's little that they can do to redeem themselves in my eyes.

I heard that the Trading Deadline is tomorrow.

Edited by ShortstopVM

Posted (edited)

I guess we have to keep him, then... :closedeyes:

Edited by ShortstopVM

Posted (edited)

Nice to see somebody being held accountable for one of the Subway Series flubs yesterday... ⏏️ 👋

Edited by ShortstopVM

So, Edwin Diaz is still here, but we acquire Robinson Chirinos and welcome back Todd Frazier... :unsure:

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Rest in Peace, Tom Seaver. 😢 He was the greatest to ever put on a Mets uniform.

Edited by ShortstopVM

PETE ALONSO WITH THE POLAR BEAR PLUNGE TO FINISH THE YANKS!  rock.gif

John Cena Wrestling GIF by WWE 

This one's for you, Seaver! 🧡💙

P.S: :censored: THE YANKEES, all day, every day, and twice on Sunday!

Edited by ShortstopVM