Posted (edited)

If anyone actually believes this, I've got a bridge to sell you... :blargwave:

Hopefully this woke Lindor up and made him snap

Thankfully we won tonight. That infield hit by Patrick Mazeika, though... 😲

Edited by ShortstopVM

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Kevin Pillar :no: That :censored: was scary. 😱

I hope he's able to recover not just physically, but mentally. 🙏 And I hope that Jacob Webb is able to recover mentally as well.

Edited by ShortstopVM

Posted (edited)

And in spite of all that, we're still in First Place. :stud:

This is what we're supposed to be doing all along - not the "getting injured" part, but finding ways to win even when you don't have your regulars available. :stud: Next man up, no :censored: excuses.

It doesn't :censored: matter who's on the DL, I'm not lowering the bar. You're still expected to win. :yes:

Edited by ShortstopVM

12 hours ago, ShortstopVM said:

And in spite of all that, we're still in First Place. :stud:

This is what we're supposed to be doing all along - not the "getting injured" part, but finding ways to win even when you don't have your regulars available. :stud: Next man up, no :censored: excuses.

It doesn't :censored: matter who's on the DL, I'm not lowering the bar. You're still expected to win. :yes:

The Mets staff has to be one of the stories of the year so far.  Even without the best pitcher on the planet, that staff has kept them not just afloat, but in first place in the division.  I guess they kinda have to tho when the bats only put up 3 runs a game.

If the offense comes around, and they get De Grom back better than ever...look out.

2 minutes ago, ShortstopVM said:

This is the only correct take. I mean, you're in the MAJOR LEAGUES and you have to run the hitter back to first? :huh: #unbelievable

I was watching this game and this was fantastic. Obviously it was an incredibly dumb play on the first base man. But credit to Javy for keeping the play alive long enough for this guy to do something stupid. He eventually scored from second so great heads up base running.

On 5/27/2021 at 1:57 PM, QueenKalie said:

I was watching this game and this was fantastic. Obviously it was an incredibly dumb play on the first base man. But credit to Javy for keeping the play alive long enough for this guy to do something stupid. He eventually scored from second so great heads up base running.

I'm actually surprised that anyone would try that trick on this level. :omg:

11 minutes ago, ShortstopVM said:

I'm actually surprised that anyone would try that trick on this level. :omg:

Javy does shit like that on a daily basis and it works more often than it really should lol.

And I'm proud to be one of those 26,647. :stud: The place was ROCKING tonight, with chants of "MVP" for deGrom. :omg: You could even hear what the fans at the right field corner were chanting toward Wil Myers 🤣

• 3 weeks later...

The Mets are coming back down to Earth, and I'm not :censored: happy about it. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 The other four teams in the division are SO lucky that our offense are inconsistent and our starters not named deGrom have been looking like :censored: lately. :rolleyes:

Hi everyone, I first joined IDF in 2004 (I think?) and was a regular in the original baseball thread. I just learned that that thread is now lost forever, and I'm probably way more devastated than I should be... but so much of my teenage and early adult years were spent there!

Anyway, it is nice to actually post on here again. It's been a really long time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 10:52 PM, DiAnAmItE4LiFe said:

Hi everyone, I first joined IDF in 2004 (I think?) and was a regular in the original baseball thread. I just learned that that thread is now lost forever, and I'm probably way more devastated than I should be... but so much of my teenage and early adult years were spent there!

Anyway, it is nice to actually post on here again. It's been a really long time.

:hug:I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one left from the OG regulars that still posts here...

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've heard that the hot stove has heated up:

- Jesus Luzardo to the Marlins, Starling Marte to the A's in return

- Joey Gallo AND Anthony Rizzo to the yankees. :omg:

- Max Scherzer potentially going to the Padres

I would like my team to make a move or two, but I don't know who we would give up... 😱

Okay, now back to the Olympics lol 🗼

Edited by ShortstopVM