Baseball Thread

Kert

1 hour ago, RWG said:

The Astros were supposed to be booed and bean-balled all summer.

As a Blue Jays fan, I hate the Rays. I'll hate them even more if they lose this series.

Its such a shame. Hard working young players but will go down in infamy as just the second team to blow a 3-0 lead. Perfect for 2020

:shock: :omg: :shock: :omg: :shock: 

That was one of the wildest finishes to a Baseball game - let alone a World Series game - that I have ever seen!

I thought that the Rays had that game won when Chris Taylor first bobbled that ball... I did not account for Randy Arozarena getting caught in a run-down nor did I expect Will Smith to drop that relay throw... :shock:

I'm pretty sure that play epitomized the chaos that is the year 2020... :lolwave:

Edited by ShortstopVM

10 hours ago, ShortstopVM said:

:shock: :omg: :shock: :omg: :shock: 

That was one of the wildest finishes to a Baseball game - let alone a World Series game - that I have ever seen!

I thought that the Rays had that game won when Chris Taylor first bobbled that ball... I did not account for Randy Arozarena getting caught in a run-down nor did I expect Will Smith to drop that relay throw... :shock:

I'm pretty sure that play epitomized the chaos that is the year 2020... :lolwave:

That was crazy!! Never quit!

Re: Manuel Margot's attempted steal of home, I don't think it was the boneheaded play that some armchair managers made it out to be. It seemed like Margot knew what he was doing and tried to take advantage of Kershaw's wind-up... The only "problem" was that Muncy spotted Margot going, and Kershaw executed the throw perfectly. A less poised pitcher would've either: a) Balked, b) Thrown the ball away, or c) Panicked for a moment, only to throw to home plate very late.

Seventy-three pitches through 5.1 innings?

Yeah, Snell got pulled from the game way too early.

And miss me with the "hindsight is 20/20" :censored:; seventy-three pitches in his last start of the season - when he is pitching a shutout - is way too low of a pitch count to pull him from the game. #AnalyticsIsRuiningTheGame

Edited by ShortstopVM

Remember when 100 pitches used to be the "indicator" to pull the pitcher? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Also, did anyone see that vertical and horizontal pitch break indicator just now? A proper use of that, IMO, would be for a manager/pitching coach to determine whether the breaking pitches are flattening out - because that would mean the pitcher might be getting tired. At least we know that many pitching coaches use those numbers...

But that still isn't the be-all-end-all - the manager/pitching coach should still ask the pitcher how they're feeling.

Edited by ShortstopVM

Congratulations to the Dodgers on winning the World Series! :clap:

It's been a helluva fortnight for the City of Angels - first the NBA Title, and now this. :yes:

Remember when some fans freaked out over the possibility that this season would be cancelled and Mookie Betts leave the Dodgers without ever playing an inning for them?  🤯

Clayton Kershaw finally gets his Ring. :stud: My celebrity crush, Alyssa Milano, gets to see her team win again. ❤️

Edited by ShortstopVM