idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
QueenKalie

CGF's top 50 songs of 2019

#1   If My Heart Had a Heart - Cassadee Pope

59920e88b6a6ffa3719cca54

As I said earlier deciding on a #1 was incredibly tough since there were so many great songs that I loved that I was sure what to put at #1. Depending on what part of the year it was really determined what I listened to more. So Stages was released at the start of 2019 and this song was easily my favorite from the Stages album. This is why I ultimately settled on it being my #1 since it was the song that I loved the most for majority of the year so it was a fitting choice for #1 I think. I really liked the Stages album, most of the songs on there are fantastic and for a song to be head and shoulders above the rest I feel like that song deserves a lot of accolades so that's another reason I ranked it #1.

Some other cool things about this album & song is that this album is the first that she self released since leaving her label. Stages is a lot better than the last EP she released with her label so I wonder if that had a lot to do with her leaving them behind. Something that I learned just recently and probably should have known a lot earlier is that Shay from Dan & Shay did the harmonies for this song so that's a cool fun fact for you. Making this list was very time-consuming but also a lot of fun so I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did. I hope you discovered new artists like I did that you didn't know before and now you do. Hopefully some of these people made it into your playlists and I hope they get better name recognition in the real world as well because I think they all are great and they deserve to be better well-known!

If My Heart Had A Heart - Cassadee Pope

Edited by QueenKalie

Just noticed that Spotify links are now embedded so that's cool. Maybe I'll go back and fix that for all the songs now. But anyways 2 things 1 included the playlist for all 50 songs on the front page in case anyone wants to listen to it again. Second thing I wanted to say is thanks to all the people that listened and commented on the thread. So thank you @~Tom~ @ATX29 @thevoicefan45 @Wallace @miss denise and anyone else who I may have missed!

Another song I haven't heard before but really like at first listen.  Cassedee is also someone whose season I didn't watch, but have pretty much liked everything she's put out since.  Good choice for #1 for your list.

We share very similar music tastes.  I love Kacey, Maren, Lauren Duski, Carly Pearce etc...but now I'm interested in hearing more from Kassi Ashton, Ingrid Andress, Lacy Cavalier, and Bailey Bryan.  And ive already started listening to some of Kalie Shorr and Julia Cole stuff.

Enjoyed the list!  Thanks!

If My Heart Had A Heart - Cassadee Pope - As I said on Denise's list, Cassadee is far from my favorite country singer but this is one of her better songs. The chorus is catchy and it's one of her strongest vocally, even if it isn't the most interesting. 

6 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

If My Heart Had A Heart - Cassadee Pope - As I said on Denise's list, Cassadee is far from my favorite country singer but this is one of her better songs. The chorus is catchy and it's one of her strongest vocally, even if it isn't the most interesting. 

Oh didn't know Denise also ranked this song that's cool!

On 1/26/2020 at 5:53 AM, ATX29 said:

Another song I haven't heard before but really like at first listen.  Cassedee is also someone whose season I didn't watch, but have pretty much liked everything she's put out since.  Good choice for #1 for your list.

We share very similar music tastes.  I love Kacey, Maren, Lauren Duski, Carly Pearce etc...but now I'm interested in hearing more from Kassi Ashton, Ingrid Andress, Lacy Cavalier, and Bailey Bryan.  And ive already started listening to some of Kalie Shorr and Julia Cole stuff.

Enjoyed the list!  Thanks!

If you are interested in hearing more from Kassi Ashton she just released a single called Hopeless and I like it. 

And the music video for it just came out on CMT today.

http://www.cmt.com/news/1817057/kassi-ashton-hopeless-video/

Bailey Bryan just released a music video for a song of hers called Pressure you can check it out here.

Kalie released a music video for her song Escape (which was on my top 50 list) on People magazine today and the article  / music video made me cry again it was so sad.  Back before the boards messed up I had a whole thread dedicated to Kalie which at some people I am going to have to redo it here. But in the mean time here's the people article and here is the music video!  https://people.com/country/kalie-shorr-escape-video-premiere/

@ATX29@thevoicefan45 @Wallace@~Tom~ @miss denise

• Like 1

18 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Kalie released a music video for her song Escape (which was on my top 50 list) on People magazine today and the article  / music video made me cry again it was so sad.  Back before the boards messed up I had a whole thread dedicated to Kalie which at some people I am going to have to redo it here. But in the mean time here's the people article and here is the music video!  https://people.com/country/kalie-shorr-escape-video-premiere/

@ATX29@thevoicefan45 @Wallace@~Tom~ @miss denise

Thanks for sharing this.  Obviously I had no idea the past year had been such a difficult one for her, and watching that video after reading the article was pretty tough.  I feel badly for her...but at the same time, I feel like when an artist is able to open up and write about such personal and traumatic things...well that's when the magic happens.  I think that's the case with Kalie's record so I'm beyond happy that it's received such critical acclaim.  Has to be very satisfying for her.

It's a heart-breakingly beautiful song.