idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
QueenKalie

CGF's top 50 songs of 2019

#2 Lullaby - Kalie Shorr

Instagram-kalieshorr-82150090-6200174020

I had the hardest time deciding on what my #1 and #2 songs are. I strongly considered putting this #1 up until the very last second when I decided to just stop being so indecisive and leave it at #2.  Lullaby is my favorite Kalie Shorr song and I think it's the best song off her highly acclaimed Open Book Album. I think I might have brought up this earlier about all the places that recognized Kalie's album as one of the best albums of 2019 but the list was super impressive including being the only country album to make it on the New York Times list! I am really happy for that the album is getting a lot of recognition even if it's not really translating into streams which is a bit of a shame. Another cool thing that Kalie has done is she is one of the founding members of Song Suffragettes it's a group of 4 or 5 girls that sing 3 songs each every Monday night. The artists switch out every week so hundreds of girls get a chance to sing songs on there which is really cool. Kalie makes appearances there from time to time and all the performances are recorded on Youtube so you can watch the recordings or even watch it live if you want which I think is super cool. Kalie had by far the most songs on this list and it was well deserved since that whole album was fire and had no skips. Will be interesting to see what 2020 has in store for us I know she is planning on doing a lot of touring so we probably won't get much new music from her but maybe we will get a single or 2. She is the person I am most looking forward to seeing and meeting when I go to CMAfest in June it's gonna be so much fun and I can't wait! 

https://open.spotify.com/track/2t9VdFhfIZ3GV1YTfih2cC?si=0O7XuGrISWep-eSkR-SvIQ

Edited by CGlaserFan

1 minute ago, thevoicefan45 said:

i love most songs on this list LMAO

no idea what number 1 will be tbh

We stan taste! 

If anyone has any guesses feel free to share them!

Well I'm finally caught up, but I'm still having a little trouble figuring out this new format.

I can say that its easy for me to understand why you're such a fan of Kallie Shorr and Julia Cole.  I've really liked every song you have posted from them...but "Lullaby" would have to be my favorite too.  Knew DB would be here some too...I didn't watch the show back in that day, but of all the contestants who have released original music...hers is prolly my favorite and "Blackout" continues along that line.

Overall what I like most about this list is that I've heard, maybe 5(?) of songs before....so you've introduced me to lots of new and awesome music!  Looking forward to #1!

Edited by ATX29

#2: Definitely my favorite of hers. :thumbs:  Singers with tones like hers will never be my favorite, but I really like the buildup and chorus.

I love how we are all in agreement that Lullaby is the best! I like all her songs but Lullaby is best. 💗

15 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Knew DB would be here some too...I didn't watch the show back in that day, but of all the contestants who have released original music...hers is prolly my favorite and "Breakout" continues along that line.

***Blackout

42 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

***Blackout

Ducking autocorrect!