Taylor Swift Fan Thread

bswanson

Pulling these numbers with a re-recorded album is crazy. Will be short lived though when Adele leaves her and Drake both in the dust with a million+ this week . :haha:

Only a matter of time before she has sole possession of this record. 1989tv will almost certainly tie her with Barb.

Poor Carrie got a bit robbed here, Red isn't a country album.😂

Also a winner tonight at the AMAs :thumbs:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FunkyFrankie said:

So why wasn’t all too well a single again?

Because no radio wants to play a 5+ minute song. :dead: 

4 hours ago, kclarkson1323 said:
Only a matter of time before she has sole possession of this record. 1989tv will almost certainly tie her with Barb.

She definitely surpasses Barbara by the time rerecordings are done, as she still has 1989 AND Speak Now to release rerecordings of. And Rep and the debut, but IDK if those are as highly anticipated of the first two. :haha: 

1 hour ago, FunkyFrankie said:

I bet you think about me should been on the original album and released instead of we are never ever getting back together…

:yes: 

Not surprised that she went with WANEGBT instead and as the lead single, as Red was a step in her transition to Pop so she went with the catchiest pop song on the album. :haha: 

Taylor is nominated for Album of the Year for evermore. ❤️ This is her fifth AOTY nomination and the first time a follow-up album to her AOTY winning one is nominated in the category.

Sadly, this is her only Grammy  nomination this time. She was denied a SOTY nom for Willow (HOW does one of the most prolific songwriters of the past decade not have a Grammy win in the category for songwriting?) and snubbed altogether in the Pop categories.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

:yes: 

Not surprised that she went with WANEGBT instead and as the lead single, as Red was a step in her transition to Pop so she went with the catchiest pop song on the album. :haha: 

I think that’s her worse lead single. I think 22 is the catchiest pop song on that album 

25 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Taylor is nominated for Album of the Year for evermore. ❤️ This is her fifth AOTY nomination and the first time a follow-up album to her AOTY winning one is nominated in the category.

Sadly, this is her only Grammy  nomination this time. She was denied a SOTY nom for Willow (HOW does one of the most prolific songwriters of the past decade not have a Grammy win in the category for songwriting?) and snubbed altogether in the Pop categories.

Evermore should win. It’s a great album 

what?! Willow is so good and deserves to be recognized 

I also think WANEGBT was chosen as a lead single because it’s a breakup song and Red was her breakup album. Taylor even said in her re-recording announcement that Red resembled a heartbroken person. That can explain why it was chosen than the catchier 22 and IKYWT as a lead single.

Also, I think ME! was a worse lead single. And LWYMMD even though the music video is iconic.

5 hours ago, FunkyFrankie said:

Evermore should win. It’s a great album 

what?! Willow is so good and deserves to be recognized 

It should but it probably won’t. She’s up against Olivia Rodrigo and Billie Eilish. Olivia had a HUGE year with Sour and Billie is a Grammy darling.

Ugh it does. :( I need her to submit I Bet You Think About Me or the 10-minute All Too Well for that category next year. She needs a SOTY win at some point in her career.

Edited by *Amanda

3 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Evermore ❤️

after a year I think it is actually better than Folklore... so many epic songs there

50 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

It should but it probably won’t. She’s up again Olivia Rodrigo and Billie Eilish. Olivia had a HUGE year with Sour and Billie is a Grammy darling.

Ugh it does. :( I need her to submit I Bet You Think About Me or the 10-minute All Too Well for that category next year. She needs a SOTY win at some point in her career.

I think the 10 minute of all too well should win her something 

56 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

I also think WANEGBT was chosen as a lead single because it’s a breakup song and Red was her breakup album. Taylor even said in her re-recording announcement that Red resembled a heartbroken person. That can explain why it was chosen than the catchier 22 and IKYWT as a lead single.

Also, I think ME! was a worse lead single. And LWYMMD even though the music video is iconic.

Ooh, I don’t have that announcement :shock:

Tbh I don't think it's surprising willow didn't get any nominations. It's a fine song but I don't think it's really a standout amongst her discography and it wasn't a hit. It was #1 for a week I think and then it fell down the chart. I don't think it was as memorable as cardigan, like even people outside her fans still remember cardigan but my fiance, who isn't a fan, said he didn't remember how willow sounded. I totally agree she deserves a SOTY win already, but willow isn't it I don't think and I don't think it's Grammy-worthy. I think what would be better is if she submits Red (TV) since the original didn't win any and she got SOTY for All Too Well. If any of her songs deserve SOTY it would be All Too Well more than willow for sure. And how fitting would it be if she got SOTY and AOTY for Red (TV) to make 13 Grammys?

I think evermore is a great album and very deserving of AOTY but I don't know if she'll win honestly, considering she just won this year and for a very similar type of album. I think Olivia will probably sweep her categories. I'd rather see her win AOTY for Red honestly. evermore is a fantastic record and I prefer to it folklore but I think evermore sort of got forgotten about since it was released so closely to folklore and was overshadowed. I do think willow deserved a nomination for Best Music Video though and I'm really surprised the Long Pond Sessions didn't get nominated for Best Music Film. 

I see some fans complaining online that she was "snubbed" and should have gotten more nominations - the fact that she is still getting nominated this far into her career and that literally every single album of hers (except debut) has gotten at least 1 nomination is incredibly rare. I wish people would stop complaining and just be grateful she is still getting recognized at this point of her career. She is honestly lucky to still be getting the recognition she is and the fact she's already won AOTY 3 times is more than most other artists ever get.