Taylor Swift Fan Thread

bswanson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today I was on TikTok, and if you know how the app then you know how a very opinionated place it is. It was a video about Taylor and particularly about Wildest Dreams and re-recording her music. One comment stated how "disappointing her re-recordings are". And in my head I am just confused because what more does this random commenter want from Taylor to do with the new music. So that is where my question comes in. How do you guys feel about the re-recordings, are they better than the originals, worse, the same? Personally, I love the re-recordings and think they are better than the OGs since I love her more mature voice and the different elements she does to the songs. 

I think some people don’t understand what the purpose of the re-recordings is or how it works. The point isn’t to make new versions, it’s to own her work. Therefore, they have to be pretty much an exact note-for-note copy. People are so stupid when they complain about the songs sounding the same, like duh - that’s the point!

I think the Fearless re-recordings were interesting to hear with her more mature vocals. However, I will say I don’t think they carry the same emotion as the originals and I think that’ll sort of be the problem with the early albums. Like she’s not a teenager anymore and feeling the raw pain she felt fresh off a breakup writing those songs. For me they don’t carry the same emotional weight. She sounds almost as if she’s just covering her own songs.

I think Wildest Dreams sounds great though. I think the later re-recordings like 1989 and rep people aren’t looking forward to as much because her voice isn’t going to sound much different. But again, the point is to be able to own her work and so that fans can buy/stream the music without feeling guilty about giving the money to someone else. The point is that they *should* sound the same. 

I think the best idea she came up with was to include the vault songs to add more value to the re-recordings. No matter how you feel about the re-recorded versions, at least the vault songs provide something new and she has a lot more leeway to change things with those since she isn’t trying to copy an existing version. Honestly it’s my favorite part about the Taylor’s Version projects, since it offers something completely new and unheard. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Taylor’s 2012 demo of Better Man has leaked. IMO it’s not a coincidence it leaked on the 13th and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was by Taylor herself. The demo has been around for years since LBT would have been in possession of it to record it, if someone wanted to leak it I think it would have already leaked years ago. Someone noticed that if you add the numbers from the 10% off for 48 hours deal (4+8+10), you get 22. Better Man is track 22 on Red (TV). Better Man single coming?

Edited by BogoGog24

• 2 weeks later...

The release isn’t for another 9 days. I’m sure the promo will kick into high gear before then, especially with her upcoming SNL appearance. I fully expect her to perform songs from Red (Taylor’s Version), potentially one of the “from the vault” songs.

3 hours ago, *Amanda said:

The release isn’t for another 9 days. I’m sure the promo will kick into high gear before then, especially with her upcoming SNL appearance. I fully expect her to perform songs from Red (Taylor’s Version), potentially one of the “from the vault” songs.

she did  say its worth the wiat. so we are def getting something