Taylor Swift

Anybody else think her acceptance speech at the AMAs where she was recording in the studio was an Easter egg for the evermore album cover? She did that strange thing where she began the video with her back turned (wearing her hair in the braid) and then spun around to begin her speech, which she has never done in any of her other pre-recorded segments. I feel like her standing with her back turned with her hair in a braid was a possible Easter egg for evermore haha SHE GAVE SO MANY SIGNS

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two new albums while she’s re-recording her first four? The way that You Need to Calm Down went from being a gay rights bop in 2019 to her work ethic in 2020.

Justice For Cruel Summer and Miss American & the Heartbreak Prince 

This makes me so happy!  The snippet of Love Story sounds SO good. ❤️       

34 minutes ago, bswanson said:

i swear she must write 24/7  

She puts all of us to shame, particularly the ones that say they're going to watch something on Netflix and then never do for ten months...during a pandemic...when there's almost nothing else to do...really. 😄

• Haha 1

I woke up early to listen to the album before work, so these are just my thoughts after one listen.

The first time I listened to folklore I wasn't a super big fan and thought the album was too slow and boring, but after a few listens it started to grow on me and I really loved it. I kind of have that same problem with evermore, only a handful of the songs maybe really stood out to me and I think this album kind of pales in comparison to folklore (the sequels are never as good as the originals!). But I'm sure in time the songs will grow on me. These days it's very rare I listen to an album and immediately love it, no matter who the artist is (same thing happened with Ariana's last album).

The ones that stood out to me on the first listen were:
willow
champagne problems

gold rush
happiness
coney island
ivy - really liked this one a lot
long story short 
marjorie - this was another one I really liked a lot
evermore - I don't think it can compare to exile, Bon Iver's parts kind of ruined the song honestly, but otherwise it was really nice and a decent follow up to exile

Overall I really need more listens to get into this album. I'm so used to the songs on folklore that for me these ones just don't really compare yet. I wonder if maybe she's going to turn this project into a trilogy. She said she doesn't know what will come next, but I kind of wonder if it'll end up as a trilogy because 2 just feels incomplete.

Also, she should write with Joe more often. His contributions to both folklore and evermore are some of the best songs!

One thing I kind of take issue with with this whole project is what timeline this is supposed to take place in, unless it's multiple time periods. She's using this pioneer 1800s aesthetic and the music is very folksy, but then some of the lyrics mention things like the Internet and '90s trends. It just doesn't make sense and kind of takes you out of the cottagecore vibe when she mentions things that wouldn't have existed in that time period. Kind of confusing, if you ask me.

A couple additional thoughts:

I liked the music video for willow, but the storyline was a tad confusing to try to follow on the first watch. Much like a lot of the songs on the first listen too. I did like how the storyline picked up where cardigan left off and she was following a golden string to find her soulmate, a reference to invisible string from the last album. I don't know if I like this video as much as cardigan, but I like that she is now directing her own videos.

I'm probably going to wait to get a physical copy. The last time they made us believe physical editions would only be sold on her website, then put them in Target like 2 weeks later. I would rather not have to pay shipping costs. I also think they might release signed copies again, so maybe I'll wait for those.

Oh, she also uploaded lyric videos for every song again. How does she have this kind of time? lol

Upon first listen, my standouts were ivy, marjorie, willow, Coney Island, gold rush, and no body no crime (though I’m sure it will get overplayed)., and long story short. Definitely more varied than folklore, though some songs will have to grow on me, including evermore itself.