10. Invisible String 
11. Epiphany 
12. Mad Woman 
13. Seven 
14. Hoax 
15. This Is Me Trying 
16. Peace 

rankings atm but they change everyday anyways :dead:

HDD projections have Folklore coming in with between 725K and 750K SPS in the first week.

Man for a brief period Saturday I thought this might be headed for north of 1 million US sales and on pace to be her best opening week ever globally but back to reality and it looks like this will end up falling short of Lover's 867K.

1st Week Album Sales

US: 1,287,000

Global: 1,944,000

US: 1,216,000  

Global: 2,441,000

Lover

US: 867,000

Global: 2,282,000

folklore

US: 725K - 750K

Global: 1,300,000 - ?

10 hours ago, kclarkson1323 said:

HDD projections have Folklore coming in with between 725K and 750K SPS in the first week.

Man for a brief period Saturday I thought this might be headed for north of 1 million US sales and on pace to be her best opening week ever globally but back to reality and it looks like this will end up falling short of Lover's 867K.

1st Week Album Sales

Lover

folklore

well it was a surprise album and its not in stores. so i can see why its lower than lover 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kclarkson1323 said:

1st Week Album Sales

Lover

folklore

I thought I heard she sold 1.3 million units in 24 hours though? Or was that globally?

At any rate, no matter what the numbers end up being they are still a ton more than most other artists sell today. And naturally as someone is in the business for a long time like she has and releases more and more albums, the sales decline with each album. It happens to pretty much every artist and I don’t see it as a huge deal. She has had plenty of successes, a lot more than most, and the fact she’s still going strong and breaking records with each album is incredible. 

I wonder if she will be nominated for any Grammys for this one, like maybe Best Alternative Album?

1 hour ago, bswanson said:

well it was a surprise album and its not in stores. so i can see why its lower than lover 

Yeah this is a good point. You can only order a physical copy from her website and maybe some US fans couldn’t afford it or don’t have a credit card, etc. She might have also sold mote with Lover because there were 4 collectible editions that each had different content, whereas there isn’t anything different about the folklore editions except the artwork and I doubt many people bought all 8. For those who did, I think only bundles of 5 or less count towards sales and I bet a lot of people bought more than 5 without thinking to bundle them separately.

Edited by BogoGog24

It’s still the biggest first week sales of the year! 

In the age of streaming, album sales have declined greatly, so it’s amazing she sold over 700K with an album that was announced less than 24 hours before its release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

In the age of streaming, album sales have declined greatly, so it’s amazing she sold over 700K with an album that was announced less than 24 hours before its release.

This.

And to think the majority of the sales came from her store which is impressive - the reason why Queen Céline debuted at #1, last year, when everyone who bought a ticket to he tour received an album. 

4 hours ago, *Amanda said:

oh yeah. love the fact that Taylor usually has the highest selling album still. 

7 hours ago, bswanson said:

Yeah very true, dropping this album out of nowhere and it breaking the records that it has all while not being a traditional pop album with super radio friendly hits is still unbelievably impressive.

5 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

I thought I heard she sold 1.3 million units in 24 hours though? Or was that globally?

At any rate, no matter what the numbers end up being they are still a ton more than most other artists sell today. And naturally as someone is in the business for a long time like she has and releases more and more albums, the sales decline with each album. It happens to pretty much every artist and I don’t see it as a huge deal. She has had plenty of successes, a lot more than most, and the fact she’s still going strong and breaking records with each album is incredible. 

I wonder if she will be nominated for any Grammys for this one, like maybe Best Alternative Album?

Yes the 1.3million in 24hrs was globally but, yeah despite being 30 and being nearly a decade and a half into her career she continues to be right there at the top when it comes to sales and streaming, the latter of which she got into later in the game than most of the top acts today.

Taylor is one of the smartest out there when it comes to sales and marketing. Having all those collector's edition CDs and Vinyls giving people incentive to buy multiple copies was a great move.

2 hours ago, taylorkat said:

I'm going broke buying all the merch that keeps showing up on her website, but I love it. 😛

Same! I'm really ashamed at how much I've spent! :ike:

• Like 1