Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Elliott

DWTS General Discussion Thread 2.0

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Something did go on with Maks though as Season 18 was so blatantly rigged to get him a win. I wish we could have seen what Meryl would have done with someone else.

As opposed to season 16 being blatantly rigged to give Derek ANOTHER win? :yawn: 
 

But lol. If giving him Meryl was blatant rigging, then so was giving Val Laurie, giving Mark Kristi, etc. Giving them ringers is hardly the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elliott said:

As opposed to season 16 being blatantly rigged to give Derek ANOTHER win? :yawn: 
 

But lol. If giving him Meryl was blatant rigging, then so was giving Val Laurie, giving Mark Kristi, etc. Giving them ringers is hardly the same.

Elliott. :wub:

 

Needless to say, I agree with this. Yes, Meryl’s win was obvious from day one, but so was Kristi, Nicole, Laurie etc. Let’s not single out getting Meryl as “rigging” when other pros have also been handed the obvious winners on silver platters too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, totes4totes said:

If there are not ringers and no rigging what is the point of DWTS

I don’t care if they cast ringers. My problem was when they kept giving the same pros and by that I mean the Houghs ringer after ringer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, *Lily said:

Today (June 1) is the 15 year anniversary of DWTS premiering!

There's no way it's been 15 years.  Where did the time go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Elliott. :wub:

 

Needless to say, I agree with this. Yes, Meryl’s win was obvious from day one, but so was Kristi, Nicole, Laurie etc. Let’s not single out getting Meryl as “rigging” when other pros have also been handed the obvious winners on silver platters too.

I stand by what I said about that season being rigged but you are right that it's happened on other seasons. All-Stars was kinda rigged to get Tony a win - not that Melissa wasn't deserving but the way that season played out was a bit odd. I also think that Val's win with Rumer was kinda rigged also - again, probably deserved on her part but TPTB tried every effort in the book to avoid Noah or Nastia making the Top 2. No doubt been rigged for Derek in the past but the show was so Derek-centric for years anyway.

 

Never happened though with a female pro, they all earned their MBT's without much rigging (albeit Jenna & Witney got theirs with obvious winning candidates). Shame that Sharna didn't get her MBT with Hinch and her legacy got tarnished by it being with MC. That result was probably indirectly rigged.

Edited by DWTSFan2001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway.

 

People. com posted an article of 15 of the best their favorite dances to celebrate the 15 year anniversary of the show.

 

https://people.com/tv/dancing-with-the-stars-best-dances-15-years/

 

In no particular order...

  • Bindi & Derek's Contemporary
  • Alfonso & Witney's Jazz
  • Corbin & Karina's Jive
  • Juan Pablo & Cheryl's Viennese Waltz
  • Zendaya, Val & Gleb's Salsa
  • Mel & Maks' "Free Your Mind" Paso Doble
  • Nyle & Peta's Freestyle
  • Brandy & Maks' Samba
  • Willow & Mark's Contemporary
  • Drew & Cheryl's Freestyle
  • Rumer & Val's Rumba
  • Milo & Witney's Contemporary
  • Meryl & Maks' Freestyle
  • Gilles & Cheryl's Argentine Tango
  • Jennifer & Derek's Viennese Waltz

 

And this is making me want to do some type of IDF awards to celebrate this milestone for the show (if that's okay with Lily, who ran the DWTS awards before IDF crashed and everything was lost. :haha: )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, *Amanda said:

And this is making me want to do some type of IDF awards to celebrate this milestone for the show (if that's okay with Lily, who ran the DWTS awards before IDF crashed and everything was lost. :haha: )

 

Of course! I meant to do one for Season 28 (which I guess I technically could still do at some point), but with everything going on I kinda forgot about it :haha:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, while I'd have some changes to that list, PEOPLE did a way better job than channels like WatchMojo have done in the years with those routines :dead: I'm always glad to see some Brandy representation even if that's not the dance I'd have expected. :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, *Lily said:

 

Of course! I meant to do one for Season 28 (which I guess I technically could still do at some point), but with everything going on I kinda forgot about it :haha:

You could still do one for last year and include more categories for all of last year’s international versions, as those have seen a major increase of interest in the past year. :yes: 

 

I will do the one for all 28 seasons and I plan on is naming a winner for each dance style instead of just simply doing just Latin/Ballroom/Other. :haha: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the Brandy shoutout is standing out to me what an inspired choice! Rumer's Rumba, Corbin's Jazz, Zendaya's Salsa, and Gilles' Argentine Tango are all amongst my favorite dances.

 

I know I'm obviously very vocal against Meryl, but her Freestyle? I feel like she's had far more iconic dances I don't even remember her Freestyle lol. Seems like a random one to pick.

 

Juan Pablo's VW, Jennifer's VW, and Willow's Contemporary.............my mama taught me if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite Meryl dance is actually her one with Val. 🙈 Nothing against her partnership with Maks of course but that dance is pretty much flawless and would probably be in my top 20 at least.

 

This has really got me thinking about what my list of top dances would be. :haha:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

You could still do one for last year and include more categories for all of last year’s international versions, as those have seen a major increase of interest in the past year. :yes: 

 

I will do the one for all 28 seasons and I plan on is naming a winner for each dance style instead of just simply doing just Latin/Ballroom/Other. :haha: 


That sounds good! :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, can we talk about Carrie Ann randomly apologizing to Kelly Monaco for her critique of Kelly’s dance on the series premiere? :dead: 
 

“Kelly Monaco, I just have to apologize to you, I mean forgive me. What I did — what I said was horrible, but I was a baby judge and I was still learning how to do it." The DWTS stalwart then jokingly attempts a do-over critique. Pretending she were looking at Kelly on the dance floor, Inaba says in a very diplomatic tone, "There's things we could work on here, but there's a lot of potential," before laughing and adding, "I love you, Kelly!”

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/entertainment/wardrobe-malfunction-and-controversial-winner-how-dancing-with-the-stars-began-with-a-bang-15-years-ago-083845732.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Also, can we talk about Carrie Ann randomly apologizing to Kelly Monaco for her critique of Kelly’s dance on the series premiere? :dead: 
 

“Kelly Monaco, I just have to apologize to you, I mean forgive me. What I did — what I said was horrible, but I was a baby judge and I was still learning how to do it." The DWTS stalwart then jokingly attempts a do-over critique. Pretending she were looking at Kelly on the dance floor, Inaba says in a very diplomatic tone, "There's things we could work on here, but there's a lot of potential," before laughing and adding, "I love you, Kelly!”

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/entertainment/wardrobe-malfunction-and-controversial-winner-how-dancing-with-the-stars-began-with-a-bang-15-years-ago-083845732.html

I remember that Carrie Ann came off kinda cold to Kelly on her first dance. Felt bad for Kelly on the first season - a lot of critiques from judges, the whole dance off situation and her partner Alec was also not that enjoyable to train with either - she nicknamed him the "ice man".

 

Not a Val fan but he did a very good job with her in All Stars and I'm glad that she got another chance and did well with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Also, can we talk about Carrie Ann randomly apologizing to Kelly Monaco for her critique of Kelly’s dance on the series premiere? :dead: 
 

“Kelly Monaco, I just have to apologize to you, I mean forgive me. What I did — what I said was horrible, but I was a baby judge and I was still learning how to do it." The DWTS stalwart then jokingly attempts a do-over critique. Pretending she were looking at Kelly on the dance floor, Inaba says in a very diplomatic tone, "There's things we could work on here, but there's a lot of potential," before laughing and adding, "I love you, Kelly!”

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/entertainment/wardrobe-malfunction-and-controversial-winner-how-dancing-with-the-stars-began-with-a-bang-15-years-ago-083845732.html


I find this especially funny because I remember Bruno was the one who made some comment like “your face while you’re dancing is like you’ve just had a death in the family”. Which is so much worse than Carrie Ann’s critique :dead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, *Lily said:


I find this especially funny because I remember Bruno was the one who made some comment like “your face while you’re dancing is like you’ve just had a death in the family”. Which is so much worse than Carrie Ann’s critique :dead:

ugh bring these judges back in the fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, *Lily said:


I find this especially funny because I remember Bruno was the one who made some comment like “your face while you’re dancing is like you’ve just had a death in the family”. Which is so much worse than Carrie Ann’s critique :dead:

I remember that comment. :dead: The judges were SO harsh on her that first week. :dead: 

 

Flash forward and she’s a winner, 3rd placer on all-stars and the only season 1 celeb they care about these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

ugh bring these judges back in the fall

We needed those sorts of judges for the likes of Bachelor Joe, Bones and Spicer. Would have paid plenty of money to see Craig Revel Horwood judging them!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, *Amanda said:

I remember that comment. :dead: The judges were SO harsh on her that first week. :dead: 

 

I remember that too.  Even on day one, #lowstandards were there.  Maybe after all this, the judges will be less harsh on female contestants.

 

That's also one of the reasons I didn't like the Season 1-27 elimination system (lowest combined total).  Thank goodness they changed it to judges' choice last season so that shocking eliminations can be stopped.

 

 

  

7 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

We needed those sorts of judges for the likes of Bachelor Joe, Bones and Spicer. Would have paid plenty of money to see Craig Revel Horwood judging them!

 

I totally agree!

Edited by Walker359718
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Walker359718 said:

Thank goodness they changed it to judges' choice last season so that shocking eliminations can be stopped.

Last season just made want to go back to the old format of eliminations. 🤮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)


Just stumbled across this recent interview where Bruno says he wants Meghan Markle to do the show. :dead: 

Edited by *Amanda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...