ANTM RE-Reloaded! All Cycles Completed!!!

rdhaley96

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this Maggie ”stanning” at this time is very disheartening. LOL. I know MOST of you did not watch Cycle 24, but she was eliminated for behaving and acting like her idea of a Black stereotype, constantly referring to herself as the “White Homegirl.” 

Not trying to make any single person feel bad or change their vote, but just had to get that off my chest because it just is not the right time imo. I know it’s playful, just wanted to make people aware of why I would urge against it. 🤎

In fact, she is the only instance of Tyra actually making a sound decision. Yes, the Tyra putting women in Blackface actually cut Maggie for cultural appropriation. 

Edited by Deeee
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Deeee said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this Maggie ”stanning” at this time is very disheartening. LOL. I know MOST of you did not watch Cycle 24, but she was eliminated for behaving and acting like her idea of a Black stereotype, constantly referring to herself as the “White Homegirl.” 

Not trying to make any single person feel bad or change their vote, but just had to get that off my chest because it just is not the right time imo. I know it’s playful, just wanted to make people aware of why I would urge against it. 🤎

In fact, she is the only instance of Tyra actually making a sound decision. Yes, the Tyra putting women in Blackface actually cut Maggie for cultural appropriation. 

I don’t think you’d make people feel bad. I’m glad you gave us this information as this moment in time is so important to make a change. ❤️

9 minutes ago, hayden98 said:

01.) Coura

02.) Liberty

03.) Jeana

04.) Khrystyana

05.) Kyla

06.) Maggie

Ouch @ that Maggie news. (IDK if it's okay to edit these lol. Just lemme know if I need a new post)

Editing is fine. The only issue is that a lot of the time, I tally votes as they're being cast, and if a vote is edited without the edit clarifying what was switched, I have to re-tally all the votes. So just make sure that if you do edit your post, you include in the edit what you switched around.

Just now, Zoey said:

I am genuinely wondering why people are voting her higher than sixth after Dee’s post though.

Well if personality played into it Rio would have stayed.  Honestly, I thought it was ridiculous  that Maggie made it past week 2.  recently she actually had decent photos.  Nothing in this game has really been fair, the entire thing is subjective based off of  @rdhaley96 posts.  

Just now, Solaris said:

Well if personality played into it Rio would have stayed.  Honestly, I thought it was ridiculous  that Maggie made it past week 2.  recently she actually had decent photos.  Nothing in this game has really been fair, the entire thing is subjective based off of  @rdhaley96 posts.  

I do try to make the game as fair as possible. It's not like I actively seek out bad pictures for people. I try to find the best work they have to offer. Maggie is lucky that her post-show work hasn't been that bad (and that she also has a lot of it). Same exact thing happened with contestants like Anamaria and Kimberly c9 who got super far based on their post-show work. 

2 minutes ago, rdhaley96 said:

I do try to make the game as fair as possible. It's not like I actively seek out bad pictures for people. I try to find the best work they have to offer. Maggie is lucky that her post-show work hasn't been that bad (and that she also has a lot of it). Same exact thing happened with contestants like Anamaria and Kimberly c9 who got super far based on their post-show work. 

I know, I was just making a point.  Telling us to vote her low because shes a shitty person now, when I have voted her low many times up to this point, is concerning on a couple of peoples end.  

On 6/2/2020 at 10:00 PM, Zoey said:

I am genuinely wondering why people are voting her higher than sixth after Dee’s post though.

Because I did watch the season, and all she did was refer to herself as a "White Homegirl", I didn't find her racist or anything of that sort imo. It's just how she identified herself and how she feels around people, it's like calling your friends homeboy or homegirl, I didn't think it was that deep but I understand how some people might take it in the wrong way but in the end, we're voting based off photos.

Edited by jarmon