♩ ♪ ♫ Chloe Kohanski Fan Thread ♫ ♪ ♩,

Kaito

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, octoberdana said:

Still love Chloes voice but not a fan of her recent songs.  Holding out hope for more music.  

Hi Dana! :lolwave: Seems like Chloe’s music will be substantially different this time so hopefully you're gonna like it this time.

I'm kinda getting indie vibes from those snippets but who knows. 

• 2 months later...

Chloe's posting more about the album, I see on Twitter. Couple of interesting things -

Another clip,from a Marc Jacobs ad, with her comment. It seems of a piece with the SFF cover in style?

One more lol -

What else do you know about the album?  Will it be self-released or does she have a label? She seems to have some kind of backing anyway. Twitter pix suggest she's playing guitar now . . . And also this 😂

Always hard to figure whats going on with Chloe till its done. 🙂

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 11:59 AM, Bk1234 said:

I’m a little unsure about her current music direction, but I loved her on the show, so add me! 😁

Kaito (the OP) hasn't added anyone in a long time so let's hope @istersay gets your name in the list :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2021 at 8:59 AM, Bk1234 said:

I’m a little unsure about her current music direction, but I loved her on the show, so add me! 😁

okay gonna add you now 🌻

7 hours ago, echoap said:

Kaito (the OP) hasn't added anyone in a long time so let's hope @istersay gets your name in the list :thumbs:

oopsie, thanks for tagging me, I missed that somehow :lolwave:

• Thanks 2

• 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Slide - Official Music Video has now been released on Youtube. 

Very shoegaze-y. More focused on creating an ethereal atmosphere with the guitars and reverb-heavy vocals more than anything else. It won't be for everyone, that's for sure. I can dig it, though.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Very shoegaze-y. More focused on creating an ethereal atmosphere with the guitars and reverb-heavy vocals more than anything else. It won't be for everyone, that's for sure. I can dig it, though.

I agree. Her music nowadays is not for everyone. I love her Fantasy - EP though. I hope in the future that she'll make music which will showcase her voice more or at least go back to the psychedelic rock genre she used to be performing pre-show and during the show. 

10 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

I agree. Her music nowadays is not for everyone. I love her Fantasy - EP though. I hope in the future that she'll make music which will showcase her voice more or at least go back to the psychedelic rock genre she used to be performing pre-show and during the show. 

Slide is kind of psychedelic rock though. I'm not sure what to call what she used to sing, but it wasn't psych-rock.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

This IS psychedelic rock. I'm not sure what to call what she used to sing, but it wasn't psych-rock. Slide definitely is.

Agree, as much as it's anysubgenre.  Look back at the original Stawberry Fields post above (video is gone) - seems to be going for the same thing.  It's thin instrumentally and pretty static, though.  Seems kinda homemade. I'm curious to see where she goes from here.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Slide is kind of psychedelic rock though. I'm not sure what to call what she used to sing, but it wasn't psych-rock.

I see. Thanks for the clarification. I might have mistakenly considered her pre show stuff as psych rock. But still, my point is I hope she'll go back to the type of rock she used to be performing before, just a wishful thinking though. She's my ultimate snowflake, hence, my avatar. 

• Like 1

Most of the comments on Twitter, Instagram (2 posts now) and YouTube are positive, if not very substantive. There aren't a large number - YouTube had 674 views and 25 comments when I looked a few minutes ago  That isn't surprising since there wasn't any promotion.  Chloe seems happy with the track.  She called it "a piece of my heart" on Instagram. 

Is the mystery on Twitter a few days ago about the release date that it would be on Voice premiere day?   Chloe never mentioned any relation - or TV at all.