The Masked Singer 🦄 Season 3 FOX

Okay, I got to see the Turtle clues and they sure do line up to Jesse McCartney! :wub: 

- "At the starting line of my career, I was surrounded by other hungry newcomers"  - Jesse started his music career in the boy band, Dream Street!

- "Step by step" - good decoy clue but Jesse actually toured WITH New Kids on the Block!

- Surfboard - He played a surfer on Summerland and also won a few Teen Choice Awards!
- The grill  - he's more recently taken interest in cooking, barbecuing, grill, etc - his Twitter/Instagram bio said for a long time - "I write. I sing. And I smoke meat on the holidays" although NOW I see that last sentence has been conventionally changed to something else. I see what you did there. :giggle: 

- Was there something about J-Mac mentioned or shown? I can't find it, but someone posted it. Well, J-Mac has always been a nickname of his.

- Turtle! Jesse loves the Ninja Turtles. :haha: That's all I got on that for now.

- Most important clue of all... .THE VOICE SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE HIM. :dead:  Every flipping nuance in his voice :dead: I've listened to Jesse for over half my life and seen him live multiple times. If that's not his voice, THEN HOUSTON, WE HAVE AN IMPOSTER. (!) 

I swear, they better put up the full performance of this. But two seconds is more than enough to identify. :wub: 

Okay, I'm sure there's more and I'm gonna keep analyzing this and future videos for everything I know about him. Sorry, not sorry, but I dreamed about that voice for far too many years to be calm about this!  And now I will continue to go insane until he's officially revealed. :dead: 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Yeah pretty sure Miss Monster is Chaka! I was expecting her to be on this season too since we seem to have an iconic older soul singer on each season, and Gladys and Patti were both on DWTS too, as was Chaka :haha:

I think so too - the red lipstick mic is a hint at how she always sports red lipstick. Plus the #10 is the number of Grammys she has.

And I am still convinced that Ester Dean is the Kangaroo. 

28 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Yeah pretty sure Miss Monster is Chaka! I was expecting her to be on this season too since we seem to have an iconic older soul singer on each season, and Gladys and Patti were both on DWTS too, as was Chaka :haha:

Also, do you watch the UK version?

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

When in doubt, choose from a DWTS alum. :giggle: 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, miss denise said:

Okay, I got to see the Turtle clues and they sure do line up to Jesse McCartney! :wub: 

- "At the starting line of my career, I was surrounded by other hungry newcomers"  - Jesse started his music career in the boy band, Dream Street!

- "Step by step" - good decoy clue but Jesse actually toured WITH New Kids on the Block!

- Surfboard - He played a surfer on Summerland and also won a few Teen Choice Awards!
- The grill  - he's more recently taken interest in cooking, barbecuing, grill, etc - his Twitter/Instagram bio said for a long time - "I write. I sing. And I smoke meat on the holidays" although NOW I see that last sentence has been conventionally changed to something else. I see what you did there. :giggle: 

- Was there something about J-Mac mentioned or shown? I can't find it, but someone posted it. Well, J-Mac has always been a nickname of his.

- Turtle! Jesse loves the Ninja Turtles. :haha: That's all I got on that for now.

- Most important clue of all... .THE VOICE SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE HIM. :dead:  Every flipping nuance in his voice :dead: I've listened to Jesse for over half my life and seen him live multiple times. If that's not his voice, THEN HOUSTON, WE HAVE AN IMPOSTER. (!) 

I swear, they better put up the full performance of this. But two seconds is more than enough to identify. :wub: 

Okay, I'm sure there's more and I'm gonna keep analyzing this and future videos for everything I know about him. Sorry, not sorry, but I dreamed about that voice for far too many years to be calm about this!  And now I will continue to go insane until he's officially revealed. :dead: 

I don't know his stuff that much,  but he sure sounded great

8 hours ago, x3 because of u said:

The way this is set up, Jamie Foxx could totally end up being one of the masks in the other groups. 😆

Also, did not expect Lil Wayne AT ALL. That was awesome.

omg didn't even think of that, now I'll be listening for his voice

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

I think so too - the red lipstick mic is a hint at how she always sports red lipstick. Plus the #10 is the number of Grammys she has.

And I am still convinced that Ester Dean is the Kangaroo. 

Yeah that all lines up! Her voice is pretty distinct and having watched again I’m most confident about her.

I can definitely hear that with Ester- my only uncertainty at the moment is the clues. I actually saw people speculating Jordyn Woods which I could possibly see- some of the clues lined up (losing a loved one, being in a media ‘scandal’) and also the singing voice sounded real similar to her talking voice. I’m just not sure yet if she actually can sing, but if she is it could be a possibility!

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

Also, do you watch the UK version?

I do! There’s some great contestants there who I’m rooting for to hopefully win.

52 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Yeah that all lines up! Her voice is pretty distinct and having watched again I’m most confident about her.

I can definitely hear that with Ester- my only uncertainty at the moment is the clues. I actually saw people speculating Jordyn Woods which I could possibly see- some of the clues lined up (losing a loved one, being in a media ‘scandal’) and also the singing voice sounded real similar to her talking voice. I’m just not sure yet if she actually can sing, but if she is it could be a possibility!

I do! There’s some great contestants there who I’m rooting for to hopefully win.

Same here.

And Ester's height matches it more than Jordyn's height. 

And I've been watching some performances - mainly queen bee (Nicola Roberts or someone from Little Mix?) and the octupus (I think Octupus is Ashley Roberts) :haha: 

3 hours ago, istersay said:

I don't know his stuff that much,  but he sure sounded great

I'm so glad you think so! :wub: 

It's hard to find the best example, but here are some songs that showcase his vocals in some similar ways to the performance. ❤️ 

1 hour ago, 1234567890 said:

angry jesse mccartney GIF by AMAs

That is Jesse :dead:

:wub: 

I am sooooo shook that the robot was Lil’ Wayne! :omg:  I never pictured him ever doing a show like this but so cool to see him doing this. I'm guessing T-Pain got him and suggested he do this show as they've done a number of songs together. Obviously he’s known more for his rapping and that’s his strong suit for sure - although I do remember him singing better on “How to Love.” Sad we won’t see more of Weezy throughout the show but oh well.

I originally thought The Turtle was Joey McIntyre but after reading through Denise’s very detailsd post, it’s definitely Jesse McCartney and I would not question that anymore. :lmao: I am looking forward to watching his performances ~knowing that it’s him. And if the Turtle is not Jesse, then I don’t know if I can trust Denise again. :dead: LOLOL I’M TOTALLY KIDDING btw. :haha: 

Oooh now i figured Miss Monster was an older classic type singer but ahhh ok I’m seeing guesses on it being Chaka Khan, which I did not guess. That totally makes sense. 😮 I was trying to figure out Kanagroo and had no idea - but whoa at the possibilities of Ester Dean or Jordyn Woods. I recognize Ester's voice better but gotta give this a listen.

I also think the on that performed Ice Ice Baby is Rob Gronkowski. 

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

I originally thought The Turtle was Joey McIntyre but after reading through Denise’s very detailsd post, it’s definitely Jesse McCartney and I would not question that anymore. :lmao: I am looking forward to watching his performances ~knowing that it’s him. And if not, then I don’t know if I can trust Denise again. :dead: LOLOL I’M TOTALLY KIDDING btw. :haha: 

You mean you didn't already believe me last night? :dead:  But glad you trust my post with the clues. :wub: Any other guesses will get a look from me so the panel better pull it together. ME TOO. :wub: OMG.  Nooo. It has to be him. 

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

You mean you didn't already believe me last night? :dead:  But glad you trust my post with the clues. :wub: Any other guesses will get a look from me so the panel better pull it together. ME TOO. :wub: OMG.  Nooo. It has to be him. 

Oooh lol, I believed you from when we discussed it last night. :haha: Hmmmmm I wonder if the panel will get that it's Jesse or will the struggle with him. I'm not sure but curious to see what they do here.

20 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh lol, I believed you from when we discussed it last night. :haha: Hmmmmm I wonder if the panel will get that it's Jesse or will the struggle with him. I'm not sure but curious to see what they do here.

Okay, good. Ugh, I don't knowww.... if they have an inner fangirl they could know, but probably won't be familiar enough with his voice. :/  I hope someone can recognize. 

14 hours ago, istersay said:

:w00tbounce:

Turtle. :wub: 

Hey y'all! First post in this newfangled IDF and I had to pipe in to this thread to talk about my FAVE reality TV show ATM! 

Not gonna lie, I was really apprehensive about this season following the ridiculously amazing S2 finale, which had the best Top 3 in any reality show I watched last year. But I was so glad that the S3 premiere was just as irreverent, hilarious and bizarre as the last two seasons! Yes, I do think Group A is vocally weaker compared to the previous seasons, but they made up for it with pure entertainment. You can tell the masks were just having a blast up there. 

As for individual comments on the masks:

White Tiger: appropriate costume, for this is probably the whitest performance I've seen on this stage. This is definitely Gronk, the four score and 7 years ago clue was a huge giveaway, referring to his jersey number. He'll be fun for a few rounds, but he'll definitely not make it to the final 9. Too bad, he has one of the best costumes this season. 

Turtle: I might have found my Rottweiler this season with this guy! Anyone who came of age in the 2000s like me must be freaking out right now coz this can only be every 2000s teen girl (and gay)'s soundtrack and imaginary BF, Jesse McCartney! And he just sounds like he was back then. Oh the nostalgia!!! Easy pass to the final 9, as far as I'm concerned. Now make him sing Mmmbop like I always wanted him to do when I was a teen. 

Llama: welp, I might have to take back the comment about the whitest performance, this is definitely in the running. I actually was really entertained by this performance, bless this guy for really trying to get in the groove. As for who it is, I instantly recognized him as Fox's fellow game show host Drew Carey. Close your eyes and you can just picture Drew in a karaoke bar. He'll be out next episode, barring any Unicorn-like shenanigans. 

Miss Monster: and we got our token mature black diva of the season! I actually thought it was Macy Gray during the first parts of her performance, but there's no denying that the Chaka jumped out right there at the chorus. I hope she takes the Gladys route and sing more modern stuff to really prove her chops to the youngsters, and not fizzle out like Patti did. Nevertheless, she's final 9 bound for sure. 

Robot: the biggest surprise of the premiere, bar none. Lil Wayne is the last person I'd expect to show up in a family friendly show like this. I love how they made him sound extra robotic in the performance, although that may have costed him in the voting. Too bad, I actually think he had the best version of the Robot costume across the various TMS franchises. BTW, how adorable it was when Lil Wayne said he chose his costume for his kids? Sad to see him go, honestly. 

Kangaroo: NGL, this performance and costume bored me to tears, she's a passable singer I guess. I can hear Ester Dean in there but I'd think Ester would not have been as flat as the Kangaroo was in her performance.

All in all, a solid premiere. Can't believe I have to wait like 3 weeks to see more new masks, considering my favorite new masks are in Group B, but at least we get to hear Jesse slay for a while! Can't wait for tonight's episode!