The Masked Singer 🦄 Season 3 FOX

This is a fun read about what it's like at a taping of the show: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a30677487/masked-singer-season-3-taping-experience/

My favorite is learning that the audience reactions to the unmaskings are fabricated because they actually kick them out before the reveal. :dead: 

Now, it's time for the big reveal — the moment we've been waiting for all afternoon. My heart begins pounding as the energy in the room builds and the eliminated contestant is brought back on stage. The judges reveal their final guesses and it's time for the contestant to "TAKE IT OFF!"

"Who Are You?" starts playing, and we all stand up, emphatically yelling "TAKE IT OFF!" as the contestant wrestles with their mask. A camera person runs on stage to capture a closeup of the eliminated character struggling with the headpiece. This is it, I think as the music speeds up. This. Is. It.

Then out of nowhere, as if the entire set had lost power, the music stops and the masked person ceases to move. Nick and the contestant then walk off without explanation as Jay makes his way back onto the stage. Everyone lets out a collective groan before Jay even says a word. We all know what's coming. We're not going to find out who's behind the mask.

Instead, Jay tells us that another audience warm-up comedian is going to act out the reveal, and when he raises his hands, everyone has to act like we're shocked to discover who's behind the mask. We do just that. Minutes later, the audience managers thank everyone as we exit the studio. But there's a select 20 or so people at the front of the stage who don't leave. Only these 20 — family members and other top VIPS — are going to see who's behind the mask. The rest of us? It's time to pack up and call our Ubers.

:lmao: 

Wow Turtle. :wub: I swear every performance is just as good as the last. I am forever slayed by this reptile.:wub: He is the full package and has shown it every week. ❤️  I am so happy to know he will not be robbed of the finale, but ughh please win. 🐢 

LOL Ken being dead on with his guess. Jag was the key to the answer after all. :giggle: 

On 5/13/2020 at 10:23 PM, miss denise said:

YES Barry aka Rhino agrees with me. :wub: I can now stan a rhino. :giggle: 

Oh snap, Wayne Brady said it too. Everyone calling Turtle the total package. ❤️ 

The Fox knows all!  🦊   It was nice to see him back.

I liked the Rhino's back story, but I didn't like the tone of his voice a lot.  JAGGGGG!  Too funny.  Wow, the audience doesn't get to see the reveal?  That would drive me crazy. 

Hmm, Night Angel is actually behind Frog in that poll.  A little bit surprised by that.  

On 5/6/2020 at 5:07 PM, miss denise said:

omgggg you finally come back in here and this is the first thing you say. :dead:  Everyone wants to talk about that instead of wiping my tears...  :broken: 

Thank you. :( He should have gone further, it's not right and I am not okay. 😭 But thanks. 😢  

YES! He's mentioned Turtle so many times since the show. :wub: :wub: :wub: 

:( 

It seemed like something you would ask but then again..... you would know the tea on that. :giggle: 

Aww so sorry.:hug:  He should have lasted longer but he's done a really great job on the show and with his performances! :yes: 

Aww I knew that would make you happy. ❤️ 

On 5/9/2020 at 6:10 PM, *Chris said:

Also sad that Kitty left.

I am not feeling the Frog or the Rhino - the 2 weakest link, in my opinion. 

Sorry about Kitty as I do really like her too. :(  

Although Frog is a really strong contender/performer though. It's hard to compare singing and rapping but he's legit, brings it every week and does deserve his place in the finale, imo.

And whoaaa SUPER shocked that Rhino was Barry Zito. Don't know who it is but it is impressive when these athletes can legit sing and make it so far on the show amongst professional recording artists. 😮 He's done well to get this far even though I would have wanted him to go some weeks ago.

And will also say that Turtle singing "Jealous" - it actually sounds like that song could have been a Jesse McCartney song. Hope Denise takes that as a compliment there. ❤️ 

Loving the Final 3 of Frog, Night Angel and Turtle. Loved so many performances of theirs and all have been amongst my faves throughout the season.

Tomorrow is the day Turtle must show his face. :wub:  At least that much I can count on. 

Also, lol at Jesse casually releasing a new single the day of TMS finale, while still denying he's part of it. Not very subtle now, are we? :wub: 

On 5/16/2020 at 9:38 AM, *Wallace said:

It seemed like something you would ask but then again..... you would know the tea on that. :giggle: 

Aww so sorry.:hug:  He should have lasted longer but he's done a really great job on the show and with his performances! :yes: 

Aww I knew that would make you happy. ❤️ 

(!) 

Thanks. 😢

:wub: Tomorrow night the bromance must officially begin!! :wub:  

On 5/16/2020 at 9:43 AM, *Wallace said:

Awww excellent montage there, Denise. :hug:  ❤️ 

Thank you very much. :hug: 

On 5/16/2020 at 9:48 AM, *Wallace said:

And will also say that Turtle singing "Jealous" - it actually sounds like that song could have been a Jesse McCartney song. Hope Denise takes that as a compliment there. ❤️ 

:wub:  Yesss I thought it was such a perfect song choice for him! I wish he'd record it. 

On 5/16/2020 at 1:48 PM, *Wallace said:

Sorry about Kitty as I do really like her too. :(  

Although Frog is a really strong contender/performer though. It's hard to compare singing and rapping but he's legit, brings it every week and does deserve his place in the finale, imo.

Just not my cup of tea - he does bring the audience to its feet but it ain't for me. 

And regarding Jackie Evancho - people think the elimination was planned as she had tour dates planned when the finale was being taped. 

21 hours ago, miss denise said:

Tomorrow is the day Turtle must show his face. :wub:  At least that much I can count on. 

Also, lol at Jesse casually releasing a new single the day of TMS finale, while still denying he's part of it. Not very subtle now, are we? :wub: 

Lol that's hilarious. :haha:  I wonder if this was planned all along by him/his company? :haha:  

21 hours ago, miss denise said:

(!) 

Thanks. 😢

:wub: Tomorrow night the bromance must officially begin!! :wub:  

Thank you very much. :hug: 

:wub:  Yesss I thought it was such a perfect song choice for him! I wish he'd record it. 

:hug: 

Ooooh. 😮 Hopefully. I know you will keep us all updated on that. :haha: 

:hug: 

Awww yeah that would be a great idea if he did.

21 hours ago, *Chris said:

Just not my cup of tea - he does bring the audience to its feet but it ain't for me. 

And regarding Jackie Evancho - people think the elimination was planned as she had tour dates planned when the finale was being taped. 

Totally understand that. :yes:  

Ooh interesting theory there. 😮 I wonder when the season was filmed as I know this show is taped so far in advance.

3 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Lol that's hilarious. :haha:  I wonder if this was planned all along by him/his company? :haha:  

Ooooh. 😮 Hopefully. I know you will keep us all updated on that. :haha: 

Awww yeah that would be a great idea if he did.

"his company" :giggle: But I'm sure of it. There's no way it's a coincidence and I'm gonna track how  the song moves on iTunes after tonight. :yes: It is a good strategy.   

I'm ready and waiting. :wub: Hunter tweeting about Turtle again last night.  :wub: 

I'd love if he'd release some of the covers on iTunes, but not sure of the chances, especially with original music just being released. 😢