♫ ♪ Maelyn Jarmon Fan Thread ♪ ♫

Spurrious

5 minutes ago, echoap said:

I like indie-Alt stuff so as this IG clip made me a stan since day one :music:. Even better, then I found her YouTube channel and I loved her even more, because I'm a sucker for singer-songwriters. :haha:

I also remember being a bit worried about Minivan and Maelyn’s path on the show, but thankfully, Queen chose the appropriate one. 

SLAY HUN!

I feel like I'm running out of things to say for our Queen tbh, but I'll repeat a million times more because that's the praise she deserves!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, echoap said:

I like indie-Alt stuff so this IG clip made me a stan since day one :music:. Even better, then I found her YouTube channel and I loved her even more, because I'm a sucker for singer-songwriters. :haha:

I also remember being a bit worried about Minivan and Maelyn’s path on the show, but thankfully, Queen chose the appropriate one. 

I remember living this one as well!  But honestly...with a voice like hers...I feel like she could sing the instruction manuel to a dishwasher and it would bring life to my otherwise cold and dead soul.

• Haha 4

I was listening to Maelyn's performance of "The Scientist" on YouTube, and saw an apt comment. Since her performance ends on the line "I'm going back to the start," someone commented this: 

maelyn's performance ends

me: i'm going back to the start

honestly just thought it was fitting

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ashwinner said:

I was listening to Maelyn's performance of "The Scientist" on YouTube, and saw an apt comment. Since her performance ends on the line "I'm going back to the start," someone commented this: 

It is both "fitting" & clever

Edited by Drew1903
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Like a true stan. We all repeat her performances tbh, or else we would be flops :rofl:

But its only fitting to repeat her performances AT LEAST one time or it just wouldn't feel right.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, echoap said:

Queen serving some looks :wub:

It's her eyes.  ❤️

The voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses.

e.e.cummings

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Spurrious said:

Queen weighs in.  ❤️

So proud of Queen. She's been one of the most vocal from the very beginning.

Certain past snowflake posted something along the lines of #AllLivesMatter. Needless to say, I stopped following her immediately. I know she's a good person but I just can't stand that level of ignorance. :no:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Queen weighs in.  ❤️

QUEEN SHOWING LOVE! WE STAN AN EQUALITY GODDESS!    

This is why we stan her, beautiful vocal to slay our souls, and an outstanding personality!    

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, echoap said:

Certain past snowflake posted something along the lines of #AllLivesMatter. Needless to say, I stopped following her immediately. I know she's a good person but I just can't stand that level of ignorance. :no:

Also proud!

Of course, all lives matter, and there are times for that sentiment, but someone saying that at this time is just an attempt to dismiss the issue at hand.  Ignorance of their own hatred is something that may be fixed...but it's gonna take work.  

“I know for sure that love saves me.

And that it is here to save us all.

- Maya Angelou

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Queen weighs in.  ❤️

So happy to see her and many of my other favorite alums using their platforms to support this movement. It truly does hurt seeing people you used to support not even take a small amount of initiative to speak out on this, so Maelyn doing this really is touching.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, echoap said:

I know the feeling, someone I really supported from this show has been posting frequently but did not post a single thing about what’s going on rn. I decided to stop supporting them, I honestly just feel like a fool for ever putting that much energy into them.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Agenator333 said:

I know the feeling, someone I really supported from this show has been posting frequently but did not post a single thing about what’s going on rn. I decided to stop supporting them, I honestly just feel like a fool for ever putting that much energy into them.

1 hour ago, Agenator333 said:

So happy to see her and many of my other favorite alums using their platforms to support this movement. It truly does hurt seeing people you used to support not even take a small amount of initiative to speak out on this, so Maelyn doing this really is touching.

Agreed on both counts! Thankfully most of my snowflakes have shown support, but yes its those few ones that makes you disappointed and shows their true colors in situations like these :no:

Won't be calling names out(thankfully only 1 or 2 so far have been found to show ignorance) but I'm just glad The Queen herself has spoken on this!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Agenator333 said:

Yeah, sometimes it's sad to realize that our favorites are human beings and some of them just follow their hive mind instead of addressing an obvious issue.

On the other hand we have people like Jordan Smith and Todd Tilghman who, despite their fanbases, have shown support for the BLM movement. Props to them 👏

Edited by echoap
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Also proud!

Of course, all lives matter, and there are times for that sentiment, but someone saying that at this time is just an attempt to dismiss the issue at hand.  Ignorance of their own hatred is something that may be fixed...but it's gonna take work.  

I really do love facts.

• Like 3

Curious question:  If you could choose an ONE song and Queen would sing it....which song would it be.  Optional response: Why? 

I'll share mine later. 

:::Edited to add::: Not intended to be current events related but to each their own. 🙂

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Curious question:  If you could choose an ONE song and Queen would sing it....which song would it be.  Optional response: Why? 

I'll share mine later. 

:::Edited to add::: Not intended to be current events related but to each their own. 🙂

You are evil lol, only 1 song....

I have to go with "My Immortal" by Evanescence, I think this would SHATTER, possibly everything she has done in the past(everything is perfect but like this song...) It would be subtle, powerful, emotional OMG I NEED TO HEAR IT. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

You are evil lol, only 1 song....

I have to go with "My Immortal" by Evanescence, I think this would SHATTER, possibly everything she has done in the past(everything is perfect but like this song...) It would be subtle, powerful, emotional OMG I NEED TO HEAR IT. 

LOL!  It's kinda like ....pretend that she asked you what song she could sing for you.  Yes, there IS a list but.  I think I would says this pretty much with any choice but...My Immortal would slay. 

#StanLife

• Like 1

I don't think "My Immortal" was ever done in this show before....correct me if I am wrong. But on that topic, I wished S16 had more weeks just so that we had a chance to hear Maelyn perform that song. She would crush it.

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Spurrious said:

I'll share mine later. 

Why should I pick only one song if we all know for a fact that #AllSongsMatter. :haha:

• Haha 1