idolforums.com
Spurrious

♫ ♪ Maelyn Jarmon Fan Thread ♪ ♫

A friendly reminder that may or may not be the anger in me over the last two seasons talking to all:

We didn't deserve Maelyn. The show didn't deserve Maelyn. But I thank her anyway for auditioning, because of the fact that she singlehandedly proved there's always a chance, albeit a very SLIGHT chance but still a chance nonetheless, that the truly best contestant can actually win.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

A friendly reminder that may or may not be the anger in me over the last two seasons talking to all:

We didn't deserve Maelyn. The show didn't deserve Maelyn. But I thank her anyway for auditioning, because of the fact that she singlehandedly proved there's always a chance, albeit a very SLIGHT chance but still a chance nonetheless, that the truly best contestant can actually win.

YES! Although because of her strength she was able to win. I'm not sure anyone else can compete with her powerful, but subtle vocals with great song choices to pull off the win.

We DON'T deserve Maelyn one bit, but she saved us from S16 and of course made me not feel bad about S17/S18 tragic ends.

Iconic, if she had come in S17 or S18, she would wipe the floor with everyone. Or even S15 and S14.

listening to the landslide cover and im amazed. I haven't listened to anything of her's off of the show but this feels maybe better than what she did on the show (ill probably need to give another listen to those though because each and every one was perfect). 

anyways, we glorify Maelyn a lot, but there's one thing she wronged us by doing - her infinite talent has made me disappointed with the winners of these past two seasons :( why couldn't we have her back

1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

listening to the landslide cover and im amazed. I haven't listened to anything of her's off of the show but this feels maybe better than what she did on the show (ill probably need to give another listen to those though because each and every one was perfect). 

anyways, we glorify Maelyn a lot, but there's one thing she wronged us by doing - her infinite talent has made me disappointed with the winners of these past two seasons :( why couldn't we have her back

Queen can top herself every performance ICONIC!

Yeah, but the thing is the winners fell flat in who they could have been instead of typical Minivan's tragic tastes like in S7. Seriously though, Maelyn saved S16 and gave us hope in the best vocalist/artist actually winning, may be a while before that happens again though.... If ever.

14 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Queen can top herself every performance ICONIC!

Yeah, but the thing is the winners fell flat in who they could have been instead of typical Minivan's tragic tastes like in S7. Seriously though, Maelyn saved S16 and gave us hope in the best vocalist/artist actually winning, may be a while before that happens again though.... If ever.

idk who S7 was (im guessing Craig Wayne Boyde or whatever). tbh another issue that Maelyn caused is that everyone with taste voted for her, so other contestants that were good weren't also voted for, and although she definitely deserved the win over them, we could've had a better finale :( anyways, I would never ask for Maelyn to be less talented, but it's nice to have some perspective

Posted (edited)

They didn't invite Maelyn last night bc they knew she would have blown everyone out of the water in that group performance.

Edited by Maxwell
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

They didn't invite Maelyn last night bc they knew she would have blown everyone out of the water in that group performance.

This finale wasn't worthy of Queen's presence 😤

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, echoap said:

This finale wasn't worthy of Queen's presence 😤

I agree...and we're not wrong, but, not sure waiting for worthy is a good idea. 

dmv.gif

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Maelyn's MasterCard commercial appearance was enough to redeem the night!!! (honestly we went from an incredible T9 to a great T5 [although not what I in particular wanted], yet had a particularly weak showing from those talented T5)

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Maelyn's MasterCard commercial appearance was enough to redeem the night!!! (honestly we went from an incredible T9 to a great T5 [although not what I in particular wanted], yet had a particularly weak showing from those talented T5)

They should have showed the full duet. 😤

• Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

They should have showed the full duet. 😤

If I was that girl this would have been my reaction.

fainting GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 year ago to this day, our queen reigned supreme against mediocrity and won The Voice.

Happy 1 year since victory!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

1 year ago to this day, our queen reigned supreme against mediocrity and won The Voice.

Happy 1 year since victory!

We celebrate this win with smiles and loud cheers! Bowing to The Queen's vocals and rightfully taking her throne after gracing us with her magic.

Iconic divine Goddess, we(saying for the 1000th time) are never gonna be worthy, but we still cherish The Queen.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Edited by echoap
Double

8 minutes ago, echoap said:

Queen just joined Tik Tok 👑🦅

Damn it, now I don't have an excuse to stay off TikTok any longer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, echoap said:

And it now belongs to her.  Best thing I've seen in a minute!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, echoap said:

My life is complete...

pedal stage GIF

• Like 3

This too! Queen with a throwback and congratulating a flop winner who could never compare to her insane magic! Gracious Queen, deserves everything good.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, echoap said:

Never thought I'd be saying this..... but I'm installing TikTok.  :stealth:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You know, I listened to this when I first decided to open her fan thread but somehow I have never made it back. 

She did this almost 6 years ago.  Queen was killing songs then just like she does now.   I'm sad I've lost years of potential joy by not finding her sooner.

#QueenTheLostYears

H/T QueenMae16

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

You know I listened to this when I first decided to open her fan thread but somehow I have I never made it back. 

She did this almost 6 years ago.  Queen was killing songs then just like she does now.   I'm sad I've lost years of potential joy by not finding her sooner.

#QueenTheLostYears

H/T QueenMae16

YES! And I'm sad as well.... I like to think I'm good at searching for Indie artists out there, but I never really found her until the spoilers came up back when S16 was going to begin its audition process. And I was busier back between 2016 - 2019 the most, but was able to make time for The Queen.

And the first comments made on the spoiler page were great too!

"Snowflake alert" "Wow she's good" 

things like that, I couldn't believe my ears(and even eyes lmao she's a goddess) while I was intrigued I had false hope she would actually get far because of her genre and style which I felt Minivan would dump her before even the Top 13 lol.

Thank the divines I was wrong, and of course we all had our doubts that she could even win before the show even began or even make the Top 8. 

"There are so many ways the show could screw up Maelyn within her genre, style, wheelhouse" Was a comment also made if anyone remembers that, and its just a freaking miracle that Queen Maelyn was the intelligent Queen that she is and knew which songs to make her sound like herself but with also appealing to enough of Minivan to ensure the win. 

I think we all still remember how freaked out we all were when her Semifinals song was being speculated too....

lmao we all thought John came up with the worst song choice and thought it was going to be the end of The Queen's journey. Okay maybe not that far, but if it was a terrible song, Maelyn would have had a hard time recovering into the finale. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I like indie-Alt stuff so this IG clip made me a stan since day one :music:. Even better, then I found her YouTube channel and I loved her even more, because I'm a sucker for singer-songwriters. :haha:

I also remember being a bit worried about Minivan and Maelyn’s path on the show, but thankfully, Queen chose the appropriate one. 

Edited by echoap
  • Like 2