"The Voice" Gossip 2.0

Bouli

1 hour ago, Bouli said:

I will 100% support her after the show - Twitter/Instagram rampages or not, she's still an incredible artist, and I love her voice. And I understand her frustration because I was EXTREMELY salty when she was eliminated. And I know she's going to have a lot of roadblocks ahead of her, but I'm also glad that this show gave her so much exposure to people who appreciate her.

And I'm not saying that her comments don't have ANY merit. I'm a Marisa stan, and Tanner is my least favorite country artist left. But you should kinda know what you're signing up for with this show. The weighted country demographics have been pretty solid since AT LEAST Season 7, if not earlier. This is a television show, and they have to do what they have to do to please their viewers, the majority of whom don't like artists like Marisa for multiple reasons (some justifiable, some unjustifiable IMO). Artists in any other genre have to work that much harder with rearrangements, subtlety, and feeling unique enough to the viewers to be excused for not falling into the demo.

And it SUCKS, dude. Look at my profile picture and my favorites throughout the years. I really, really get it. But it is what it is, and I don't think it's a good look to rave against them - especially because a lot of the comments are hurtful against not just Tanner, but Kelly as well. It's like biting the hand that feeds you, AND looking like a sore loser.

For the sake of not feeling repetitive, I don't want to post them again, but you can find some of her tweets and retweets in the General Discussion area (if she hasn't deleted them). They're pretty bad.

yeah it's gotta sting a lot - she said that she cried when the show aired, and she was in a "very dark place" for the weeks after losing. she also implied she'd auditioned before, so this was clearly a big deal for her. 

this doesn't exonerate her ofc as we've discussed, but i'm glad to find someone who feels similarly to me on the topic. i was very sad on marisa's behalf when i saw spoilers and i only felt worse every round going on.

• Like 1

Yeah I cant feel too bad for Marisa. This sounds like sour grapes.

In the battles she defintely had the upper hand in song choice, key choice, parts.

Her high notes are great but maybe my ears are off but a lot of the verses in her knockout sounded shaky and off.

I also dont like country at all but Tanner sounded pretty solid for a male country singer. Yes his song was easy but even on songs like that I've seen many male country singers in the business sound like s--t. I can see why he won the battle.

• Like 3

On 11/25/2020 at 2:51 PM, Bouli said:

2128795307_Screenshot_2020-11-25MarisaCorvo(iammarisacorvo)Instagramphotosandvideos.png.260171c003f1df400d802b1846d795ea.png

Did it take 19 seasons for this person to figure out the show is all about the coaches? Or is this a case of chronic hate watching and getting mad every time you know something will happen happens just so you can say you're mad about it happening?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Vinyl said:

Did it take 19 seasons for this person to figure out the show is all about the coaches? Or is this a case of chronic hate watching and getting mad every time you know something will happen happens just so you can say you're mad about it happening?

I can't 100% blame them. Music is really emotional for people. We can get our emotions tied up really tightly in anything involving music, even reality TV shows. And that amount of passion and emotion can cause us to eschew rationality.

I have done it MANY times, forgetting that BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE, this is a television show. FAR before music, ratings + making entertaining reality TV are paramount. Some of the more "questionable" things we witness within this show can be chalked up to just that: it's television.

I don't think it's hate-watching, as much as it is just getting tied up in emotion and forgetting what the bottom line for The Voice is.

• Like 1

Okay, last one on the Marisa drama, I promise - but this one is related to Sid.

So someone mentioned his Twitter likes, and I checked them out. Uh... does he know something behind-the-scenes that we don't? 😂

Screenshot_2020-11-27 (1) Tweets liked by SID KINGSLEY 🎹 ( SidKingsley) Twitter(2).png

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, seak05 said:

So Taryn follows every person who made lives on instagram, including WTW's official account + all three personal accounts, and many people who didn't make lives, except Joseph Soul 

Ah, so I’m not the only one who forgot about him. 😅

• Haha 8

In relation to Marisa, plenty of contestants around reveal day hyped her up on social media in particular and said she was very sweet, an angel, etc. (I don’t remember which ones said anything exactly but I recall at least 3 people) so whatever y’all are considering in regards to a reaction to her elimination, at least behind the scenes I don’t think she had any problems.

14 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

In relation to Marisa, plenty of contestants around reveal day hyped her up on social media in particular and said she was very sweet, an angel, etc. (I don’t remember which ones said anything exactly but I recall at least 3 people) so whatever y’all are considering in regards to a reaction to her elimination, at least behind the scenes I don’t think she had any problems.

Oh yeah, she’s definitely very sweet. I watched one of Ryan’s Instagram lives and Marisa came on. She was very sweet and asked how his mother was doing, etc. 🥺

40 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

There hasn't been any talk about she's a bad person or something, and I have no reason to not believe what the rest of the contestants are saying about her sweetness. She just has come across as inmature for the way she's handling her elimination. Like I said previously, it's ok to be dissapointed, I understand, but her retweeting and saying certain things on social media is not a good look for her. She's in some way atracking both her coach and her KO partner with those retweets, many that have been insulting towards them.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

There hasn't been any talk about she's a bad person or something, and I have no reason to not believe what the rest of the contestants are saying about her sweetness. She just has come across as inmature for the way she's handling her elimination. Like I said previously, it's ok to be dissapointed, I understand, but her retweeting and saying certain things on social media is not a good look for her. She's in some way atracking both her coach and her KO partner with those retweets, many that have been insulting towards them.

yeah i'll quote someone else who said this earlier: i sympathize with her disappointment, but do not approve of her behavior.

with that being said, i think the thing about taryn following a ton of people doesn't mean anything. if she's following both people who made lives and didn't, she probably just followed who she's friends with (And i'm guessing she's more likely to be closer friends with people who made the lives since she's been with them for a few days now)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Can someone summarize what is happening with Marissa's elimination. Thanks!

She was upset according to the KO spoilers, but since her KO has aired she has re-tweeted and replied to (on Twitter) a bunch of comments saying she was robbed, she should've won, and people bashing Kelly for her decision, among other things. Part of the more "ugly" side of these include speculation that Kelly chose Tanner over Marisa because Marisa is an out & proud lesbian.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

She was upset according to the KO spoilers, but since her KO has aired she has re-tweeted and replied to (on Twitter) a bunch of comments saying she was robbed, she should've won, and people bashing Kelly for her decision, among other things. Part of the more "ugly" side of these include speculation that Kelly chose Tanner over Marisa because Marisa is an out & proud lesbian.  

That's crazy and escalated too much. I'm a lesbian myself and Kelly Clarkson have always been a dear friend of the LGBT community. Kelly would never dump someone of her team because of their orientation. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

That's crazy and escalated too much. I'm a lesbian myself and Kelly Clarkson have always been a dear friend of the LGBT community. Kelly would never dump someone of her team because of their orientation. 

yeah, i think it's just cause tanner's country and marisa isn't. she did mention that and i think that's a fairer claim (though still not a good look)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

For real tho lol, not to mention both Rizzi and Marisa seemed like Kelly´s lost sisters in terms of personality (bubbly, crazy, being chatters), which would made them a match made in heaven to work with her, and they both came after her after they were eliminated. 

my guess is that they had idealized kelly and really loved her pre-show, and felt betrayed and disillusioned when they didn't get picked. we know rizzi was a HUGE fan of kelly, and based off of the family's reactions to the other coaches vs. kelly turning, i think it was pretty clear that marissa really wanted kelly as a coach, but i could be wrong on that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ashwinner said:

my guess is that they had idealized kelly and really loved her pre-show, and felt betrayed and disillusioned when they didn't get picked. we know rizzi was a HUGE fan of kelly, and based off of the family's reactions to the other coaches vs. kelly turning, i think it was pretty clear that marissa really wanted kelly as a coach, but i could be wrong on that.

Yeah, I think so too. Additionally, on one of the graphics she stated that Since U Been Gone is her go to karaoke song

• Like 1

i’m a huge Big Brother fan, but the most recent season, BB22, was incredibly frustrating and boring. i just feel the need to say that this season of The Voice has totally eclipsed BB22 in terms of drama... i mean Marisa’s elimination has served us a major blindside and a juicy, delicious meltdown on social media, the likes of which BB22 could never reach!!! all i’m saying is i’m savoring the drama like it’s a Thanksgiving feast🍽️🍗🥳 bon appétit friends!

4 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

i’m a huge Big Brother fan, but the most recent season, BB22, was incredibly frustrating and boring. i just feel the need to say that this season of The Voice has totally eclipsed BB22 in terms of drama... i mean Marisa’s elimination has served us a major blindside and a juicy, delicious meltdown on social media, the likes of which BB22 could never reach!!! all i’m saying is i’m savoring the drama like it’s a Thanksgiving feast🍽️🍗🥳 bon appétit friends!

Seriously, I know what you mean. BB22 was a complete snoozefest. When the most exciting thing is the postgame drama of who follows and no longer follows who (looking at you, Davonne and Kevin 👀), you know the season sucked.

Anyways, I feel really bad for Marisa because it sounds like she's been through a lot up until this point, but I hope she learns and grows from this.

5 minutes ago, Agggron said:

Seriously, I know what you mean. BB22 was a complete snoozefest. When the most exciting thing is the postgame drama of who follows and no longer follows who (looking at you, Davonne and Kevin 👀), you know the season sucked.

Anyways, I feel really bad for Marisa because it sounds like she's been through a lot up until this point, but I hope she learns and grows from this.

it was a season in which the worst, most boring outcome possible ALWAYS happened😂 and i agree, i really like Marisa and wish the best for her! i hope she takes something positive away from this experience.