Is Kelly the worst Voice coach of all time?

mikeyps

Is Kelly the worst Voice coach of all time?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Is Kelly the worst Voice coach of all time?

• Yes.
    • Shakira exists. But Kelly is closing the gap.

idk what people wanted out of Kelly in POs when Shane is a better vocalist than Damali and had a better performance than HS. Everything would be so different if she had one teen girl on her team but no one wants to admit that.

Edited by Rat!

Honestly, I think Gwen is the worst of all time, closely followed by Miley.

I agree with the above...Kelly is a good coach, but some of her decisions this season were a little bizarre. I don’t think S16 was good for her either, especially the Mikaela debacle. From a “coaching” perspective, she was at her best when she had serious contenders (Eventual winners) on her team. I would argue that she excelled at building confidence in her young winners. She very well might get her 3rd win in 4 seasons with the Hoot.

I agree with the above...Kelly is a good coach, but some of her decisions this season were a little bizarre. I don’t think S16 was good for her either, especially the Mikaela debacle. From a “coaching” perspective, she was at her best when she had serious contenders (Eventual winners) on her team. I would argue that she excelled at building confidence in her young winners. She very well might get her 3rd win in 4 seasons with the Hoot.

Once again I completely agree (excluding Miley I love her lol)

Edited by Agenator333

I had some tiny hope she was improving this season, but nope. Same ole Gwen. I don't dislike her as a person, but she sucks as a coach (and I'm not singling out this season to be clear)

That's totally fair. I amend my comment to worst decision maker in Voice history. At least for the last two seasons. Her actual mentoring is still solid. I stand corrected.

I actually liked Miley quite a bit as a coach, but agree in the decision-making department she was pretty poor.

Gwen was among the worst on my list prior to this season, but I think she's been much better. I think she had arguably the best all-around team as of last night with John's squad the other in the running. That said, her actual coaching is still up for debate. I agree there.

I'll settle with Shakira and Cee-Lo as the worst actual coaches. But in terms of decision making, Kelly is speeding to the bottom of the chart. Between Mikaela last season and Brennan and now Shane Q this season (and those are just the first that immediately spring to mind), I am completely done with her and ready for her to move on.

How is it not Gwens only has had one finalist ever who got 4th place. If you want to count season 12 and up then Adam has had a 4th place and 2nd place finalist while Gwen has had none.

As last season shows it’s about how much of a coach’s fan base watches the show on how much support their contestants get. It’s not about if there a good or bad coach.

Also It’s true Gwen hasn’t always been good. But she’s improving tremendously since she started.

Edited by xfactor22

As last season shows it’s about how much of a coach’s fan base watches the show on how much support their contestants get. It’s not about if there a good or bad coach.

Also It’s true Gwen hasn’t always been good. But she’s improving tremendously since she started.

Exactly. I absolutely agree with this. I don't think the number of contestants in the finale is the greatest telltale sign for how good or bad a coach is. Adam is a great example. Not that I'm pitching him as fantastic or anything, but there was so much Adam backlash by the start of last season he could've had Adele, a '90s Mariah Carey and a late '80s Whitney Houston on his squad and he probably wouldn't have made the finale. Conversely, while I do think he's a decent coach and even better strategist, I've never felt like Blake is the best coach in Voice history, just the most popular one, and a coach whose contestants are routinely carried a round or few further than they likely would be on another team.

As for Gwen, I think her past seasons were pretty dubious BOTH in terms of actual mentoring AND in terms of her decision making, but on both fronts, particularly the latter, I was pleasantly surprised by her this season. Until tonight. I think picking Myracle wasa huge gaffe. I mean, I like her well enough...it's not that she isn't deserving, but this is a voting demo that has continually shown an inability to back multiple artists within that genre when they aren't on the team of a favored coach. Myracle will be done next week. Guaranteed. Not because she necessarily deserves to be, that's just what Voice history shows. Kyndal would've been a much better bet to have some staying power. Jake Hydendblahblahblah probably would've been, too.

America is by far the worst coach of all time in the whole universe , srsly restraint yourselves for voting for boring singers.

You don't even buy their records or singles after the show. You don't even know if you do like country music or just for some inveterately traditional reasons.

America is by far the worst coach of all time in the whole universe , srsly restraint yourselves for voting for boring singers.

You don't even buy their records or singles after the show. You don't even know if you do like country music or just for some inveterately traditional reasons.

This.

I guess she can only go up from where she started but she proved today that she is stupid so she's still among the worst coaches ever.

She proved she’s stupid by saving the contestant with the best performance (not to mention least polarizing) from

the remaining three?