*****Addison Agen Fan Thread*****

Bk1234

1 minute ago, ~Tom~ said:

I'm gonna have to listen when it comes out. She's one of the few Voice contestants I'm a still a fan of/have an interest to keep up with. ❤️ 

I’m sure it’s going to have some great tracks! ❤️ She released a few singles that will be featured on the album (details on those can be found in the OP), so maybe you should try listening to some of those while we wait. 🙂 

8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m sure it’s going to have some great tracks! ❤️ She released a few singles that will be featured on the album (details on those can be found in the OP), so maybe you should try listening to some of those while we wait. 🙂 

Listened to My Kitchen Floor and Floating. Especially liked My Kitchen Floor, shades of Joni Mitchell. 😄 

• Like 2

Finally got a chance to listen to the album in full! Here's my immediate thoughts. 

My Kitchen Floor

My favourite single from the album. The songwriting is impeccable with an incredible concept. The lyrics sweep me away and I honestly forget to pay attention to the music aspect itself.

Still Yours

Even though MKF is my fav single, the other 2 are so close behind. Her voice could sell me a dime for the price of a million dollars. That's how convincing she is. In this song, I just feel that longing from her. 
I LOVEEEEEEE the mid-song vibe shift. It brings the song to a whole new level, even though it's already so good. 

Floating

I have to commend the producer and the instrumentalists who worked with her because wow, this is so precise and pristine. It's so creative and I feel like I'm floating. Without the instrumental structure, it might feel "boring" to some people, so this is the perfect track to have tons going on in the back AND foreground all the time. Combined with her softer head voice, it's so masterful. 

Lion

This song feels like it comes right from the heart and real experiences. It could be someone's diary entry after a long day. The buildup is beautiful. Man, the time it took to get this album is so worth it. 

Darlin'

Okay, SLAYYYY, piano in the beginning. Oml, we're leaving the ballad and soft vibes behind. Yes, love the attitude the track possesses. Okay, I love the riffs and counterparts. Jamming hard. 
Okay, that bridge is a BOPPPPPPP even by itself. I... the musicianship present in this track is slaying my life. 

I Want to Homeschool My Kids
I think because I can't relate, this track is going over my head. But the vibes I am getting are immaculate. She's my favourite type of storyteller. That makes me so happy. Whether you relate or not, she makes you feel it so you understand it regardless.

Over You
This concept is sometimes overdone, yet her take on it feels really fresh. Her songs are just diary entries spiced up with precise words and music behind them. This song specifically really feels like that. Love her mini-yodels in this. So satisfying to listen to. 

Nobody Knows
The BGV on this complement her lead so well. Love hearing more of her fals/head voice here. OOOH, the bridge vibes from Darlin' are back in the ending chorus! Love the intensity right at the end. 

I Promise
I felt her sincerity in this. Every repetition of phrases was different and it just felt so honest, authentic, and vulnerable. Someone tell me why I almost started crying here... The build up was so angsty and I loved that. It just felt like an outpour of emotion. The lyrics were so simple, but the way she sang them made me want to cry. 

Emma 

Adding this to the list of ICONIC songs titled as a female's name. I love the melody line so much and the riffs so much. So freaking convincing. Once again, this is a diary entry put to perfectly complementary music. What a songwriter. 

When the Morning Comes (OOH, title track coming up!) 
OML, the panning choices on this feel genius! Once again, some credit is due to the producers or whomever. This song is such a vibe, and as it progresses, it genuinely feel like night is turning into morning because of the background shift. (Maybe that's just because I'm typing this as morning is coming..🤣😅) I love the conviction and the INTENSITY in the second half, both in the background and in her voice. 

Goodnight, My Love
The last song? :( Awuhhh. 
Lullaby vibes! We need to get this certified as a legit lullaby BECAUSE IT ALREADY IS. You Are My Sunshine vibes, but better because it's less cliché. I feel so safe while listening to this song, almost a sense of relief. 

Conclusion: I love Addison's songwriting and vocals and everything so freaking much. She is a blessing of a musician. This is my favourite album of 2021. Period. I don't care if half of the year hasn't happened yet. Nothing this year can top this for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harmat said:

Finally got a chance to listen to the album in full! Here's my immediate thoughts. 

My Kitchen Floor

My favourite single from the album. The songwriting is impeccable with an incredible concept. The lyrics sweep me away and I honestly forget to pay attention to the music aspect itself.

Still Yours

Even though MKF is my fav single, the other 2 are so close behind. Her voice could sell me a dime for the price of a million dollars. That's how convincing she is. In this song, I just feel that longing from her. 
I LOVEEEEEEE the mid-song vibe shift. It brings the song to a whole new level, even though it's already so good. 

Floating

I have to commend the producer and the instrumentalists who worked with her because wow, this is so precise and pristine. It's so creative and I feel like I'm floating. Without the instrumental structure, it might feel "boring" to some people, so this is the perfect track to have tons going on in the back AND foreground all the time. Combined with her softer head voice, it's so masterful. 

Lion

This song feels like it comes right from the heart and real experiences. It could be someone's diary entry after a long day. The buildup is beautiful. Man, the time it took to get this album is so worth it. 

Darlin'

Okay, SLAYYYY, piano in the beginning. Oml, we're leaving the ballad and soft vibes behind. Yes, love the attitude the track possesses. Okay, I love the riffs and counterparts. Jamming hard. 
Okay, that bridge is a BOPPPPPPP even by itself. I... the musicianship present in this track is slaying my life. 

I Want to Homeschool My Kids
I think because I can't relate, this track is going over my head. But the vibes I am getting are immaculate. She's my favourite type of storyteller. That makes me so happy. Whether you relate or not, she makes you feel it so you understand it regardless.

Over You
This concept is sometimes overdone, yet her take on it feels really fresh. Her songs are just diary entries spiced up with precise words and music behind them. This song specifically really feels like that. Love her mini-yodels in this. So satisfying to listen to. 

Nobody Knows
The BGV on this complement her lead so well. Love hearing more of her fals/head voice here. OOOH, the bridge vibes from Darlin' are back in the ending chorus! Love the intensity right at the end. 

I Promise
I felt her sincerity in this. Every repetition of phrases was different and it just felt so honest, authentic, and vulnerable. Someone tell me why I almost started crying here... The build up was so angsty and I loved that. It just felt like an outpour of emotion. The lyrics were so simple, but the way she sang them made me want to cry. 

Emma 

Adding this to the list of ICONIC songs titled as a female's name. I love the melody line so much and the riffs so much. So freaking convincing. Once again, this is a diary entry put to perfectly complementary music. What a songwriter. 

When the Morning Comes (OOH, title track coming up!) 
OML, the panning choices on this feel genius! Once again, some credit is due to the producers or whomever. This song is such a vibe, and as it progresses, it genuinely feel like night is turning into morning because of the background shift. (Maybe that's just because I'm typing this as morning is coming..🤣😅) I love the conviction and the INTENSITY in the second half, both in the background and in her voice. 

Goodnight, My Love
The last song? :( Awuhhh. 
Lullaby vibes! We need to get this certified as a legit lullaby BECAUSE IT ALREADY IS. You Are My Sunshine vibes, but better because it's less cliché. I feel so safe while listening to this song, almost a sense of relief. 

Conclusion: I love Addison's songwriting and vocals and everything so freaking much. She is a blessing of a musician. This is my favourite album of 2021. Period. I don't care if half of the year hasn't happened yet. Nothing this year can top this for me.

I love all these thoughts. I pretty much agree with most of them! 🙂 This album was definitely worth the wait and I think your comments reflect that. 

• Like 1