*****Brynn Cartelli Fan Thread*****

rhapsody99

Brynn recently reunited with Ben Abraham, her co-writer for "If I Could" for a collaboration. At first I assumed they wrote another song together, but after looking into it more it looks like they filmed a video of them singing their song as a duet.

From Naked City Films, the production company that filmed the video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT8iKeLrAg_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Behind-the-scenes footage from the video shoot from the cinematographer Erin Collet.

The pictures in this post look like they were from this shoot, same outfit and headphones.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT8Z1wpsA1n/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rhapsody99 said:

Brynn recently reunited with Ben Abraham, her co-writer for "If I Could" for a collaboration. At first I assumed they wrote another song together, but after looking into it more it looks like they filmed a video of them singing their song as a duet.

From Naked City Films, the production company that filmed the video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT8iKeLrAg_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Behind-the-scenes footage from the video shoot from the cinematographer Erin Collet.

The pictures in this post look like they were from this shoot, same outfit and headphones.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT8Z1wpsA1n/

Ooh, interesting. 😮 I’m excited for what’s coming. 

Brynn low key announcing her next music project will be a full album. When Brynn put out the BOATS EP, I remember seeing several people being underwhelmed at the amount of tracks on it considering how long it took for her to put out, but that seemed like it was a very specific project she wanted to put together to encapsulate "high school Brynn." It seems like she was simultaneously working on that project and her album just based on her making comments about saving certain songs that she wrote or even recorded awhile ago. Anyway, it's great that Brynn seems to be in a lot better place emotionally right now and everything seems to be coming together for her so well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

Brynn low key announcing her next music project will be a full album. When Brynn put out the BOATS EP, I remember seeing several people being underwhelmed at the amount of tracks on it considering how long it took for her to put out, but that seemed like it was a very specific project she wanted to put together to encapsulate "high school Brynn." It seems like she was simultaneously working on that project and her album just based on her making comments about saving certain songs that she wrote or even recorded awhile ago. Anyway, it's great that Brynn seems to be in a lot better place emotionally right now and everything seems to be coming together for her so well.

Ooh yay, that’s exciting!

Someone is dying to share her new music with everyone.

I think this is the first time Brynn has given an indication on social media that she's going to college since she referenced procrastinating writing an essay. Since she hasn't mentioned where she's going to school I think it would be best to respect her privacy and not mention it on here if you do know. During Brynn's interview on Kelly's talk show back when she appeared to promote "If I Could" Kelly seemingly went off script and congratulated  Brynn on getting accepted to a specific college. Brynn looked really uncomfortable and said she didn't know what was going to happen yet with that. Not sure if she reacted that way because of the uncertainty of being able to actually attend or if she didn't want it to be public knowledge where she was going to go to school. Needless to say that part of the interview got cut from what aired. Just thought I would share that to explain why I think it's best to keep that info under wraps unless Brynn says something about it herself. 

Comparing this Adele cover to Skyfall I like how Brynn sounds on this one better.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

Someone is dying to share her new music with everyone.

I think this is the first time Brynn has given an indication on social media that she's going to college since she referenced procrastinating writing an essay. Since she hasn't mentioned where she's going to school I think it would be best to respect her privacy and not mention it on here if you do know. During Brynn's interview on Kelly's talk show back when she appeared to promote "If I Could" Kelly seemingly went off script and congratulated  Brynn on getting accepted to a specific college. Brynn looked really uncomfortable and said she didn't know what was going to happen yet with that. Not sure if she reacted that way because of the uncertainty of being able to actually attend or if she didn't want it to be public knowledge where she was going to go to school. Needless to say that part of the interview got cut from what aired. Just thought I would share that to explain why I think it's best to keep that info under wraps unless Brynn says something about it herself. 

Comparing this Adele cover to Skyfall I like how Brynn sounds on this one better.

I think I know where she’s going to college, but I won’t say. I think it’s a smart move, honestly. She will have more options. She’s always been interested in the business side of the industry. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

she's an east coaster so her going to somewhere like Berklee College of Music would make sense but that's just a guess. 

She lives in NYC now. She’s mentioned a college she wanted to attend in NYC many times. Of course, I can’t confirm that’s where she is, and if I knew, I wouldn’t post it anyway. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She lives in NYC now. She’s mentioned a college she wanted to attend in NYC many times. Of course, I can’t confirm that’s where she is, and if I knew, I wouldn’t post it anyway. 

I don't follow her that closely so I don't really know what shes up to. But I'm sure she's got a lot of options and whatever she chooses I'll be happy for her and wish her the best of luck.

• Like 1

Aww, Kelly just tweeted a link to the new song and called Brynn a magical unicorn. The line about the missing piece actually made me think of Kelly because she has a puzzle piece tattoo on her shoulder, that's not to say that I think it's about her but there are definitely things in the song that she'd most likely find relatable.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Aww, Kelly just tweeted a link to the new song and called Brynn a magical unicorn. The line about the missing piece actually made me think of Kelly because she has a puzzle piece tattoo on her shoulder, that's not to say that I think it's about her but there are definitely things in the song that she'd most likely find relatable.

🥰🥰🥰

Kelly posted the "Second Hand Smoke" clip on her IGTV channel, it has 128k views on there. The Voice posted Kelly's IGTV post in their story.

The level of fan engagement for this song seems pretty high there's already 1.3k comments on the video. Brynn replied to several people's comments and also included more details about the song in this comment: "this one is called second smoke"...wrote it back in the summer :( still makes me sad to play" 

Hopefully with time it will hurt less. It's really brave to put something out there that is so personal.

Edited by rhapsody99
  • Like 1

Brynn's "Second Hand Smoke" post has over 500k views on TikTok and Kelly's repost of it on her IGTV channel also has over 500k views, so it's gotten over 1 million views between the the two. The TikTok post also has over 3k comments. Hopefully there's a push to put this song on Brynn's upcoming album, this one has definitely struck a chord with her fans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Brynn's "Second Hand Smoke" post has over 500k views on TikTok and Kelly's repost of it on her IGTV channel also has over 500k views, so it's gotten over 1 million views between the the two. The TikTok post also has over 3k comments. Hopefully there's a push to put this song on Brynn's upcoming album, this one has definitely struck a chord with her fans. 

Yes! There's actually a huge audience for that type of pop music, it usually doesn't make you a household name but there are many artist who have a great career.

• Like 1

Brynn did an interview for Nantucket Magazine's podcast, Nantucket Sound. It was recorded at the end of her last visit there, right before she went to London to record for her album. They spoke a lot about she had planned for her album, not necessarily any info about specific songs, but a lot about where she was getting inspirations for the songs, how her experience making the album differs from how she made her EP. Brynn also talks about her attempts to live a "normal" life and how that feeds into her songwriting. Brynn also talked about how this period in her life was a major transition for her since she was getting ready to move out of her childhood home and move to New York City to go to NYU. It was interesting to hear what went into the process of deciding whether to defer for a year or attend immediately. Brynn said she was majoring in Music Business, which seems like a smart idea to me just knowing how many artists get screwed over by just trusting people on the business side of things and not really knowing if what they are being told is really true and in their best interest. I like that this interview went pretty in depth into who she is as a person and a songwriter and didn't have that much fluff to it. 

I'll probably pull out some quotes from this interview later after people have had a chance to listen to it for themselves.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUfblOlrkRC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.facebook.com/NantucketMagazine/posts/278555824271462

Listen on Apple Podcast:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/brynn-cartelli-voice-of-the-future/id1559966418?i=1000537240538

Listen on Spotify:

It sounds like there was a camera in the studio filming the interview as well, but so far there's  nothing up on  YouTube yet.

• Thanks 2

“…move to New York City to go to NYU. It was interesting to hear what went into the process of deciding whether to defer for a year or attend immediately. Brynn said she was majoring in Music Business,….”

Yep, that is what she said she wanted to do a few years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brynn posted in her IG story about an announcement coming up tomorrow. Most likely it's about "Gemini", her new single, being released. I imagine her recent activity on TikTok was probably a bit of ramp up to the announcement. She posted a new cover on there yesterday, "High & Dry" by Radiohead.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Brynn posted in her IG story about an announcement coming up tomorrow. Most likely it's about "Gemini", her new single, being released. I imagine her recent activity on TikTok was probably a bit of ramp up to the announcement. She posted a new cover on there yesterday, "High & Dry" by Radiohead.

excited the office GIF

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 6:03 PM, TeamAudra said:

“…move to New York City to go to NYU. It was interesting to hear what went into the process of deciding whether to defer for a year or attend immediately. Brynn said she was majoring in Music Business,….”

Yep, that is what she said she wanted to do a few years ago. 

If Brynn is majoring in Music Business, how she got out of the Republic deal and signed with Atlantic/Elektra should be a case study!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

THAT TONE!!! 😳🤯

• Like 1