idolforums.com
TeamAudra

***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

This week’s cover...

”Go Rest High On That Mountain”

Beautiful. She was hitting some pretty big notes with power. 

• Like 2

Looks like Chevel turned 18 today. Happy Birthday!

Her next single, “The Letter,” will be released at Midnight.  

12 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

She posted on Facebook a few weeks ago that “The Letter” would be released on 6/9, but it didn’t happen. I just pre-added it on Apple Music, and it says July 10th. :huh: 

Chevel is in Nashville. Looks like she’s recording for an organization called “Musicians on Call,” which delivers live and recorded music to the bedside of patients. VUMC Children is the Vanderbilt Children’s hospital. In the clips on her story, she’s singing “Rainbow.”  Sounds like a great cause! 

6bL6iM5.jpg

I couldn't find anything of this in YT.  But, below is regarding PhCH & Musicians On Call.  It is something Chevel has just, recently, done, as I read it

On 6/18/2020 at 11:30 AM, TeamAudra said:

The Letter is on her 💿.  It's a really, likable track❗  Although, I like all the tracks 😉

This week’s cover is “Chattahoochee.”  This time it’s with her full band. She said she’s working on a “secret project,” and I’m pretty sure she’s in Nashville. 

This isn’t my favorite Alan Jackson song, but it’s a difficult one to sing, and she makes it look easy. 

Does she breathe anywhere during all those countless words 🤣 Damn, she's good at what she does❗

HAPPY CANADA DAY❗🍁😁👍👍

Image result for canada flag images

at first i taught Chevel was around 25 yrs old but when i saw this i just knew that shes so young...

Looks like they’re still putting the finishing touches on “Wildfire.”  

dqOhQ7K.png

nEa3suz.png

“The Letter” is being pushed back again. There must be a good reason for it, because the song has obviously been in the can and ready to go for months. 

4ZhvaBE.png

Posted (edited)

She’s going to be on this billboard. At a minimum, I’m guessing she got the braces for free in exchange for doing this and other ads I’ve seen. 

Edited by TeamAudra

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She’s going to be on this billboard. At a minimum, I’m guessing she got the braces for free in exchange for doing this and other ads I’ve seen. 

Talented singer/actress & a damn smart business woman, too.  Likely more than things, probably payment as well for endorsing.

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

“The Letter” is being pushed back again. There must be a good reason for it, because the song has obviously been in the can and ready to go for months. 

4ZhvaBE.png

Oh well, heaps of things are delayed or postponed these days.  Of course, some us cheeky buggers have it already on the EP, CD whatever want to call it.

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Looks like they’re still putting the finishing touches on “Wildfire.”  

dqOhQ7K.png

nEa3suz.png

Considering Chevel wants to ride bulls, I'll bet she would have jumped at the chance (did you catch the pun?) to go flying off a cliff.

HHate to admit it, but, I had never caught it previously that Anne Heche is, also, in this movie.  Quite the co-star for Chevel.  Still, fun wrapping my head around Chevel nabbing the starring role in this; that is SO cool❗

The link for info & tickets is imbedded in the clickable image below 👇😊

Bv74Bis.jpg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Drew1903 said:

Bv74Bis.jpg

Interesting. I wonder who is behind SP Productions. She’s the only one they have on the schedule. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s her own venture, or at least a joint venture. All they need is a stage and some decent camera/sound equipment. Low overhead!

https://spproductionslive.com

EDIT: The domain was created only 8 days ago. They’ve intentionally made it difficult to determine who’s behind it, which is normal. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, Drew1903 said:

Bv74Bis.jpg

Also, where did you find this? I don’t see it anywhere on her social media yet. I even tried Googling and found nothing. 

Posted (edited)

She mentioned it here, and the link will be in her bio. SP Productions is probably her domain. $25 is a lot of money for a streamed concert, but she doesn’t need many to cover her overhead, which is basically ZERO. She’s up to 125K Facebook followers, and over 1/2 of them have been gained over the last 3 months from posting covers. Between that and some of her most loyal Voice fans, she’ll sell some tickets. It also helps that she’s not limited to a particular location. I’ve noticed she has an unusually large number of new fans from India, of all

places. Anyway, today’s Saturday song is a stripped down version of “Everybody’s Got a Story,” which I prefer to her recorded version, tbh. Very nice!

4m4KgS5.jpg

Facebook: She’s going to promote this heavily, just like she did with her signed CD. And it will probably work...like it did with her signed CD. I’m impressed by her marketing instincts. 

https://spproductionslive.com/

pfz2puj.png

Edited by TeamAudra

Posted (edited)

Glad you put that here.  I'm really enjoying listening to it. Added it to my (Music) Collections.  Gotta love Collections in Edge❗👍👍

She now has it in Twitter, too

Also, she has international recognition...

Edited by Drew1903

Posted (edited)

She went live on Facebook and Instagram to promote her virtual concert.

The 5000th ticket buyer wins and autographed poster. I don’t know whether she’ll sell that many, but if she does...at $26.50 per ticket....damn. I have seen quite a few people comment that they either already bought a ticket, or plan to. Even if she only sells 1000....or 500...I think this is brilliant. She can really sell too, otherwise this wouldn’t work. But it will work, just like the signed CDs did. Her captive audience is mostly on Facebook, and they have already proven they will support her with their wallets. 

She also said the reason she moved the release date for “The Letter” from 7/10 to 7/24 is because “there’s something exciting happening.” Interested to hear what that might be. She’s actually moved the release date for this song twice. 

Here’s the livestream link. Hope it works. 

https://facebook.com/officialchevelshepherd/videos/599432267627487/?vh=e&d=n

Edited by TeamAudra

Posted (edited)

Agree.  I, too, immediately thought & said it is brilliant and that she's proving to be a very sharp & savvy businesswoman. 

Yes, I'm one of those dumb suckers who bought a signed CD & I, for one, have no regret, at all.  The $26.50, presently, is about $36 CDN.  People DO buy tickets for physical shows... it's the medium that changes, but, nothing in principle, really.  Folks paying musicians to enjoy them doing their job & earning a living performing & entertaining.  Seems fair & 'normal' enough in view of this abnormal times & circumstances.  In-person concerts easily can have more than 1,000. There is no reason that right now virtual concerts can't or won't be treated much the same while it is all people have.

The Warning streamed concert had around 7k attending live from all over the globe.  The next one, coming the 18th will have even more❗ Even rounding it to the $25 Chevel mentioned, the 500 is $12,500 and a 1,000 = $25,000.  So, yes, VERY brilliant with, as you mentioned, VERY little expenses, cost or logistics (travel = more $) incurred. The 1k may well be VERY conservative.

Edited by Drew1903