***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

TeamAudra

4 hours ago, MicHobbs said:

Hi all. I have a special request that maybe one of you could forward to Chevel (for various reasons I don't do social media like Facebook or Instagram). I'm a veteran and the loss of 13 armed forces members on Thursday has affected me deeply. Likewise a co-worker is a Marine veteran and his text response to me was Semper Fi. Chevel's brother was in the army so I know they are feeling that loss too. My request for Thursday song day is "God Bless America." No matter your religion, race, ethnicity or national origin we can all use His blessing in this time of national turmoil.

Thank you for your service. It’s been a difficult time for many of us, and I fully expect the shit show to get even worse, going forward. 

Anyway, I do not communicate with Chevel on social media, but it’s obvious she reads this thread. Maybe she will see your comment. 

• Like 1

Five of the ten Marines that are deceased were 20 years old, just a year older than Chevel herself. Some brew pubs and bars are having an empty table set with 13 glasses of beer. The irony is that these five were too young to have an adult beverage!

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

BTW, she’s actually in Oklahoma right now to finish filming Wildfire, so I doubt she’ll post a cover this week. 

Oh true. I’m excited to see how that turns out.

16 minutes ago, MicHobbs said:

Five of the ten Marines that are deceased were 20 years old, just a year older than Chevel herself. Some brew pubs and bars are having an empty table set with 13 glasses of beer. The irony is that these five were too young to have an adult beverage!

I know. It’s tragic. One of the 20 year olds’ wife is expecting their first child in a couple weeks. 

• Sad 1

On 8/30/2021 at 1:52 PM, MicHobbs said:

Hi all. I have a special request that maybe one of you could forward to Chevel (for various reasons I don't do social media like Facebook or Instagram). I'm a veteran and the loss of 13 armed forces members on Thursday has affected me deeply. Likewise a co-worker is a Marine veteran and his text response to me was Semper Fi. Chevel's brother was in the army so I know they are feeling that loss too. My request for Thursday song day is "God Bless America." No matter your religion, race, ethnicity or national origin we can all use His blessing in this time of national turmoil.

I don’t know whether you’ve seen this, but here is the pre-race Memorial Day ceremony for the 2019 Indy 500, including Chevel singing, “God Bless America” in front of 100s of thousands of people, plus the live TV audience. If she can handle that pressure, she can handle anything. 

• Thanks 1

I’m still in wait and see mode on this, but this is what Hannover House posted on Wildfire. I hope it all works out as stated. As far as I can tell, they’ve done a significant amount of filming over the last week, and may have even revised the plot. 

——

Clarification on HHSE Press Release # 1 Today via Access Wire

Good Morning - HHSE Friends - After approval yesterday of the Production Update News Release to Access Wire, an eagle-eyed editor contacted HHSE to point out that the Parkinson quote in the release below could be misunderstood. To clarify, "WILDFIRE" is the first(announced)  HHSE facililitated-production that will have exclusive placement onto MyFlix afterthe first-window of Major Studio sales. As worded, it could sound like MyFlix might not have any other titles... which would be surprising news for the 51 pre-existing studio suppliers that collectively represent over 15,000 titles for MyFlix.  

HHSE is structuring a model for movies like WILDFIRE, LEGEND OF BELLE STARR and MELTDOWN (and other high-profile, original productions) wherein the first-run release will occur via a Major Studio partner (news coming soon!), with MYFLIX handling them thereafter. The company's days of dealing with low-end product and outside producers is over. 

ANYWAY - there is LOTS good stuff in motion.  The new WILDFIRE song with Michael Martin Murphey and Chevel Shepherd (music video shot on Tuesday) sounds like a big HIT - and something accessible to an all-new generation of music lovers! 

MORE TO COME....

http://hannoverhousemovies.blogspot.com/2021/09/clarification-on-hhse-press-release-1.html?m=1

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The new WILDFIRE song with Michael Martin Murphey and Chevel Shepherd

And I am really anxious to hear this, especially since I am already familiar with MMM original version in the past.  But hearing the 2 of them do the song will be or is exciting.

Virtual Couch Concert featuring Chevel Shepherd

Sunday, Sep 12, 2021
From 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Mountain Time

AARP New Mexico is proud to partner with New Mexico’s own Chevel Shepherd for a special concert, Sunday, Sept. 12, at 5:30 p.m., honoring grandparents. In addition to some incredible music, you'll hear real-life experiences from grandparents who are raising grandchildren and sharing resources.

https://local.aarp.org/aarp-event/aarp-new-mexico-presents-a-special-evening-with-chevel-shepherd-xlnglyzvsvh.html

• Thanks 1

I dipped in and out of her live. Maybe saw a total of 5 minutes. I did see some impressive guitar playing, that I didn’t even know she was capable of. She’s clearly been working on it a lot lately. In this clip someone posted she said she’s been working on new music “a lot.”  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT52kuChEuA/?utm_medium=copy_link

Having said that, I don’t recall any music artists ever answering, “no,” when asked whether they are working on new music. :P All joking aside, I actually believe she has been, and probably writing some too. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Beautiful. 🤍✨

I have been praising Chevel's voice & ability forever.  This once again demonstrates the magnitude of it all.  Pitch perfect, massive power coupled with ridiculous control & dynamics and a vibrato that is so gorgeous... just simply, WOW❗ And WOW, again❗

Edited by Drew1903
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 11:52 AM, MicHobbs said:

Chevel sang "God Bless America" with Michael Martin Murphey and Carin Mari on September 11th, but just got around to posting it today:

Edited by rhapsody99
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...